Is the $900+ Subaru extended warranty for new cars worth it?

This is a discussion on Is the 0+ Subaru extended warranty for new cars worth it? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Just got the call from my finance guy at Subaru in Co, he is sending the extended warranty paperwork for ...

Is the $900+ Subaru extended warranty for new cars worth it?

Just got the call from my finance guy at Subaru in Co, he is sending the extended warranty paperwork for me to look over with my purchase documents.
    Is getting 6/60K bumper to bumper versus the 3/36K bumper to bumper worth it?
    Up the Irons!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you plan on owning it for longer than 3 years? Or do you plan on driving more than 18k a year?

If the answer is yes to either of those then go for it. $900 isn't that much when it's extended out in financing.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

if you plan on doing any engine/ecu mods before the extended warranty would be up i'd say it's probably not worth the expenditure. how many miles are you going put on it yearly? i'd be up over 60k in less than 3 years driving 27k+ a year, just another way to think about it. ultimately your going to have to weigh the pro's/con's and choose whats right for you

I picked up my new wrx last week and got the 5 yr/60k extended warranty. It cost about 900$. Just curious, does anybody know exactly what this covers? Clutch, brakes, wipers?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1587 View Post
    I picked up my new wrx last week and got the 5 yr/60k extended warranty. It cost about 900$. Just curious, does anybody know exactly what this covers? Clutch, brakes, wipers?
    https://www.subaru.com/my-subaru/warranties-2013.html

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Usually a warranty won't cover wear items such as those, as them wearing down are not related to any mechanical failures.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I plan on keeping it for more than 3 years, and will be driving it 10K-15K miles a year.
    I plan on adding no MODs, but it came with the factory installed Short Throw Shifter and SPT Exhaust.
    Also, the car will be serviced at a dealer other than where I bought it.
    Thanks for posting the warranty, I will read it.
    Up the Irons!

This website doesn't say anything about the extended warranty, does the additional 2 years I purchased cover everything that the 3yr/36k new car warranty does?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1587 View Post
    This website doesn't say anything about the extended warranty, does the additional 2 years I purchased cover everything that the 3yr/36k new car warranty does?
    Sorry, there was a link inside that page to show the extended stuff.

Subaru Added Security, Subaru Extended Warranty

Honestly though it might be best to just call your dealer and ask. Each dealer can be different on what they cover.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Sorry, there was a link inside that page to show the extended stuff.

Subaru Added Security, Subaru Extended Warranty

Honestly though it might be best to just call your dealer and ask. Each dealer can be different on what they cover.
    Good point.
    Up the Irons!