2013 WRX-Why did you buy your Sedan-vs-Hatch Back, or Hatch Back-vs-Sedan? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX-Why did you buy your Sedan-vs-Hatch Back, or Hatch Back-vs-Sedan? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; There is no price difference between the hatch & the sedan. There was a 0 difference with the hatch being ...

I Support ClubWRX
    There is no price difference between the hatch & the sedan. There was a $500 difference with the hatch being more expensive in previous 3G models. This was corrected in 2012 or 2011 (I don't remember exactly) & now both versions cost the same.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

2013 WRX-Why did you buy your Sedan-vs-Hatch Back, or Hatch Back-vs-Sedan?

Good to know. Thanks, Tony.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    There is no price difference between the hatch & the sedan. There was a $500 difference with the hatch being more expensive in previous 3G models. This was corrected in 2012 or 2011 (I don't remember exactly) & now both versions cost the same.
    In the STi realm in 2011 the hatch was about a $4k package... because it required the BBS package.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    In the STi realm in 2011 the hatch was about a $4k package... because it required the BBS package.
    You're right. I meant the WRX, not the STI.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I chose hatch back because to me it looks more rally-ish to me. The sedan resemble the regular sedan Imprezza too much. And the hatchback will be more practical with the cargo space. And for some reason I've been liking hatchback cars as of late. Because of this reason instead of having the car a month ago I still have to wait a few more months for my car.

I chose hatch - coming from owning 2 Outbacks, I love the storage and ability to lay seats down if I have to haul something. I did the base WRX for some practicality. If I were to get the STI, I would go sedan because that monster is not built for practicality or hauling things.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I think you are incorrect sir. I went to multiple dealers 6 to be exact. Every single dealer had a 2 grand higher quote on the hatchback over the sedan. You can go online and look yourself its 2 grand more. Maybe its just the New york/conneticut area?

I got my quotes from dealers not from the Subaru website, I used dealer websites not the universal one..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstar4l View Post
    I think you are incorrect sir. I went to multiple dealers 6 to be exact. Every single dealer had a 2 grand higher quote on the hatchback over the sedan. You can go online and look yourself its 2 grand more.
    Well they all lied to you. In the same trim they are all the exact same price. You can check Subaru's website if you want. Trust me,most of us know a lot more about these cars than dealers.

I must have gotten my hatch for real cheap then when I got it at the same price as the sedan.

You can go on the website & see for yourself. Choose between 4 door & 5 door & see the price. Subaru Impreza WRX | The New 2013 Impreza WRX Sports Cars
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah tony is correct, the hatch and sedan are the same price now, earlier the sedan was cheaper but now they are the same price
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    yeah tony is correct, the hatch and sedan are the same price now, earlier the sedan was cheaper but now they are the same price
    Weird did they raise the price for 2013 sedans or lower the price on '13 Hatches? When I was looking for my car the same optioned hatch was slightly more than the equivalent sedan.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool Runner View Post
    Weird did they raise the price for 2013 sedans or lower the price on '13 Hatches? When I was looking for my car the same optioned hatch was slightly more than the equivalent sedan.
    may be different at a dealer, but from subaru the hatch and the sedan are the same. the dealer i got mine from at the time i bought it only had hatchbacks, so i had nothing to compare it to.
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I bought a sedan because hatches are pug fugly lesbomobiles.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    LOLers, the answer to that question, Tony, is no.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX

Re: 2013 WRX-Why did you buy your Sedan-vs-Hatch Back, or Hatch Back-vs-Sedan?

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    LOLers, the answer to that question, Tony, is no.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.