2013 WRX-Why did you buy your Sedan-vs-Hatch Back, or Hatch Back-vs-Sedan? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX-Why did you buy your Sedan-vs-Hatch Back, or Hatch Back-vs-Sedan? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; It was an easy decision to go the hatch route. I've always liked the look and the versatility was a ...

It was an easy decision to go the hatch route. I've always liked the look and the versatility was a plus. The sedan however has been growing on me since there are a few that park next to me when I'm at the office.
    2013 WRX Hatch
    2002 4runner

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Versatility was the biggest determinant, I was sick of not being able to buy anything that came in a big box because it wouldn't fit in my car, and a hatch solved that problem for me. Also smaller and easier to get into tight spaces. Beyond that I couldn't have cared less.
    PA-C

I don't like the look of the sedans at all and spoilers aren't my thing. The hatches just look more menacing to me.

I love the look of the sedan, but love the hatchback looks more.

My last car was an S2000, and I loved it.....however, there was very little in the way of space. The hatchback has more room with the back seats up to cary things, and that is important for some of my weekend roadtrips.

Can't go wrong with either, but the hatch fits my lifestyle and needs a bit better than the sedan would.

Re: 2013 WRX-Why did you buy your Sedan-vs-Hatch Back, or Hatch Back-vs-Sedan?

2 100 pounds dogs and a child needed the room so needed the hatch for the extra room

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by skidgel; 11-19-2012 at 08:23 AM.
    2013 WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by XRedJar View Post
    Can't go wrong with either, but the hatch fits my lifestyle and needs a bit better than the sedan would.
    This.
    I don't have the new model WRX, but the same principle applied when I went to buy another 2002 model. The sedan served well enough, but it's just that much easier for me to get stuff in the wagon model. Kids' stuff, auto parts, Lowes, whatever.
    Also, everyone knows that station wagons are slow.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    This.
    I don't have the new model WRX, but the same principle applied when I went to buy another 2002 model. The sedan served well enough, but it's just that much easier for me to get stuff in the wagon model. Kids' stuff, auto parts, Lowes, whatever.
    Also, everyone knows that station wagons are slow.
    Thats ok....because I never drive faster than I can see!!

Going to pick up stuff like big boxes and shh is so 2006, you guys don't get your isSh delivered? Almost everywhere will deliver for free. I even have an F-150 and almost never use it to bring stuff home.

Just saying, carry on.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

I Support ClubWRX
    Delivery isn't really relevant to most of the times that I'm using my wagon. No one around me seems to be offering "free delivery of your kids with all of their crap to horseback lessons", etc.
    I'll be on the lookout, though.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Re: 2013 WRX-Why did you buy your Sedan-vs-Hatch Back, or Hatch Back-vs-Sedan?

Got hatch because Always wanted hatch and looks better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

Seems the hatchback owners out number us sedan owners...

I choose the sedan because I like the look from the back better than that of the HB, even with the HB's STI spoiler, I thought without the sedan's rear diffuser, the HB looked too plain, and a lot like other hatchbacks on the road.

Also don't like the rear tail lights...reminds me too much of my wife's 2010 HB Impreza...which BTW, is what I would use, if I needed the extra space to haul something.

Regardless of your choice...as I posted before...both models are awesome choices....and we own a WRX!

-MACE-

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pmacey View Post
    Seems the hatchback owners out number us sedan owners...

I choose the sedan because I like the look from the back better than that of the HB, even with the HB's STI spoiler, I thought without the sedan's rear diffuser, the HB looked too plain, and a lot like other hatchbacks on the road.

Also don't like the rear tail lights...reminds me too much of my wife's 2010 HB Impreza...which BTW, is what I would use, if I needed the extra space to haul something.

Regardless of your choice...as I posted before...both models are awesome choices....and we own a WRX!

-MACE-
    Can't move tires around in a sedan. Fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Can't move tires around in a sedan. Fail.
    Says who?

I can put 2 full sets of wheels/tires in my car, AND 4 bare wheels in my trunk while still having the subwoofers in there.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

When I got my car I had both my 16 month old son and 3.5 year old son with me. I actually looked at the older son who loves cars and asked him "Hey Noah which car do you like better this one (sedan) or this one (hatch) ?" he replied " Daddy I like the one that looks like a race car! not the one that looks like my cozy coupe" Lol, at that point since this was going to be my fun, take my my boys out driving, weekend car, I didn't want anything resembling the "Cozy coupe" he he, Hatch owners don't be mad it's all fun and games.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

It was a pretty easy decision to buy a hatch. I am really into bmx and snowboarding so i wanted a car i can take my bike in, without having to take it apart. I knew a sedan would give me trouble with this, and i didn't want a roof rack, so it was only logical to buy the hatch. I also like the look of hatch better (at times, lol). Sometimes when i see my brothers 2011 sedan in the driveway i kinda wish i had a sedan. But overall i am glad i went with the hatch!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast