New here...looking for a few noob ordering tips
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New here...looking for a few noob ordering tips within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I'm looking at getting a WRX in 2013 and trying to sort everything out. I was actually looking last spring ...

New here...looking for a few noob ordering tips

I'm looking at getting a WRX in 2013 and trying to sort everything out. I was actually looking last spring into getting a 2012 STI but decided that the time and cost weren't right. Now it's getting towards winter and I'm looking again, and its a now or never since I really like the current sedan design and don't like the current impreza at all, so I really want a 2013.

I've never bought a new car let alone ordered one. My two biggest questions are, when should I order and do I pay after the car arrives or when I order? I'm not in a rush to get a new car, but want to get in while I can. My initial thought was to order around April and take delivery in early summer. I asked a dealer about ordering an STI last may and he said I still could. However, reading through some threads and the wait time I was thinking about moving my ordering timeline into February. If it takes 3 or 4 months its OK, I just want to make sure I would be safe in getting one?

Can anyone chime in on thoughts about when to order by?

I want a SWP Sedan Limited with dimming mirror, not sure about any other accessories, for 28.5 to 29k before tax. Does this sound reasonable?

I'm coming from a G35 that I've had for 7 years, and before that a 240sx that I had for 6 years. So this is definitely a different breed for me, but I'm a bit tired of coupes and want to give a sedan a try.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey, I came from a 2004 G35 as well.

As far as ordering, I just ordered one and the system they use to order estimated March 2014 for arrival. Hopefully that's the longest it'll take, but as long as it comes I'll be okay. Since you want to get it in February I suggest ordering NOW.

Like other have said, go to the dealership and do the order in person so the salesperson can put your order in the system while you're there to witness it....so that you know for sure that your order is IN the system and you'll get the Vehicle Order Number (VON).

Dealer will take a refundable deposit and you pay for the car AFTER it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by richie18 View Post
    As far as ordering, I just ordered one and the system they use to order estimated March 2014 for arrival.
    I hope you meant 2013...

Also I was just told Febuary when I ordered this week. Guess we'll know for sure in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by crash55 View Post
    I hope you meant 2013...

Also I was just told Febuary when I ordered this week. Guess we'll know for sure in a few months.
    Hahah.... yea, sorry I meant 2013. We shall see

Quote Originally Posted by richie18 View Post
    Hey, I came from a 2004 G35 as well.

As far as ordering, I just ordered one and the system they use to order estimated March 2014 for arrival. Hopefully that's the longest it'll take, but as long as it comes I'll be okay. Since you want to get it in February I suggest ordering NOW.

Like other have said, go to the dealership and do the order in person so the salesperson can put your order in the system while you're there to witness it....so that you know for sure that your order is IN the system and you'll get the Vehicle Order Number (VON).

Dealer will take a refundable deposit and you pay for the car AFTER it arrives.
    Thanks for the answers. I'm not looking to have the car by February, just to order around then. I will be sure to order in person. What WRX did you get? I'm looking at the limited and would like to know how the Subaru leather compares to the Infiniti. I would also like to know how the in cabin noise compares.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.