About to pull the trigger on new WRX - Good price?

This is a discussion on About to pull the trigger on new WRX - Good price? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Looking purchasing my first WRX (and subaru for that matter) and I'm very excited. I've been researching and talking with ...

About to pull the trigger on new WRX - Good price?

Looking purchasing my first WRX (and subaru for that matter) and I'm very excited. I've been researching and talking with local dealers the past month and I believe I have gotten down to a fine deal, just want to verify before I pull the trigger and order.

Here's my build-

2013 WRX DGM 5 Door Base Model
    Rear Bumper Cover
    Fog Light Kit
    Wheel Locks
    Auto Dimming Mirror with Homelink
    Cargo Net Rear Seat
    Cargo Net Rear
    Cargo Tray
    Center Armrest Extension
    All-Weather Floor Mats
    Rear Cup Holder
    STI Short Throw Shifter
    STI Shifter Bushing

All of this for 26K flat + tags, taxes, and $95 processing fee.

Thoughts? Seems to me like that's below invoice unless my info is bad.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like a good price with all the accessories.

I'd get an aftermarket short throw if you are mechanically inclined.

Also the rear doors have cup holders.The rear cup holder has been known to break easily as rear seat occupants exit the car. If you think that 2 cup holders in the rear are enough,I'd forego the extra 2 you are getting.

Also if you are located anywhere in the tristate area check out our Car purchasing vendor.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm in MD, and want to purchase in MD. Thanks for the info on the rear cup holder. If the door holders are pretty usable, maybe I'll skip it then. Anything else I should put in that spot? I guess I was just thinking it was cheap enough and I didn't want to regret not getting the extra cup holders later.

Also on the short shifter I'm trying to keep everything factory for now and the shifter felt terrible in the test drive (stock) so I wanted to make any upgrade I could. I've read that aftermarket tends to be better than SPT, but I figure it will be some improvement right? I'm coming from a Mazda RX8 where shifting was very crisp, atleast to me.

Quote Originally Posted by crash55 View Post
    Also on the short shifter I'm trying to keep everything factory for now and the shifter felt terrible in the test drive (stock) so I wanted to make any upgrade I could. I've read that aftermarket tends to be better than SPT, but I figure it will be some improvement right? I'm coming from a Mazda RX8 where shifting was very crisp, atleast to me.
    The SPT STS is fine. I never drove the RX8 so I don't know how the shifter feel in it but when I test drive a 2011 WRX with STS it felt a little crisp but also very smooth. If you want to stay factory that's your only option lol but if you want to install aftermarket I've heard many recommend Kartboy. I ordered mine wrx with the SPT shift and exhaust as I want the performance-ish parts without having get aftermarket that could risk voiding any warranty claim I may have down the road.

Here's my build-

2013 WRX DGM 5 Door Base Model
    Rear Bumper Cover
    Fog Light Kit
    Wheel Locks
    Auto Dimming Mirror with Homelink
    Cargo Net Rear Seat
    Cargo Net Rear
    Cargo Tray
    Center Armrest Extension
    All-Weather Floor Mats
    Rear Cup Holder
    STI Short Throw Shifter
    STI Shifter Bushing

All of this for 26K flat + tags, taxes, and $95 processing fee.

Thoughts? Seems to me like that's below invoice unless my info is bad.
    Sounds like a pretty good deal but if you are in the Midwest then you could get another $1000 off..... again, that's only if you are in the Midwest as from what I know prices are higher in other parts of the country...
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - Factory order placed 8-11-2012 picked up 11-01-12
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - Factory order placed 12-06-12. Yes! Another one
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

I talked to three dealers. One would not go below sticker (wtf?) and the other got down to 26.8K. So this is the lowest I've found at 26K and I like the dealer so far. I guess you never know though until you've bought a car from them. On the cup holder I guess as long as it flips up or stows away in the console I'll just get it anyway. Can't hurt. STS sounds like another good add and if it's really not enough I can get an aftermarket later.

Quote Originally Posted by 00TypeR1071 View Post
    Sounds like a pretty good deal but if you are in the Midwest then you could get another $1000 off..... again, that's only if you are in the Midwest as from what I know prices are higher in other parts of the country...
    Some of the Midwest, I flew to Chicago to pick mine up (I'm in Iowa), it saved me over $4K. Actually my local dealership wanted $27K for the previous model year with 17K miles (base model). I picked mine up for just under $24K plus $100 plane ticket (unsold tickets are really cheap if you book the day before). I e-mailed about 30+ dealerships in the Midwest telling them what I wanted, and lowest price would win, it's insane the difference in pricing that's out there. Pitting 30 dealerships against each other usually works, and if you have to buy a $100-$400 plane ticket to save thosands, it's definitly worth it to me, plus you get a fun drive home in your new car.
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t."

'10 WRX DGM Sedan: CNT Catted DP, SPT Exhaust, Perrin STS adapter/bushings, TP Stage 2

I talked to three dealers. One would not go below sticker (wtf?) and the other got down to 26.8K. So this is the lowest I've found at 26K and I like the dealer so far. I guess you never know though until you've bought a car from them. On the cup holder I guess as long as it flips up or stows away in the console I'll just get it anyway. Can't hurt. STS sounds like another good add and if it's really not enough I can get an aftermarket later.
    I think this is a good deal with your options, I've read of others paying much more and if it's local it's convenient. I wouldn't be afraid to get the quote in writing and then e-mail it out to a bunch of other places to see if you can get a lower quote, then go back to your current dealer with that info. Just my $.02
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t."

'10 WRX DGM Sedan: CNT Catted DP, SPT Exhaust, Perrin STS adapter/bushings, TP Stage 2

couple of days ago i bought my wrx with same stuf you are looking at
    i paid 26462 others want 27600 with no fog lights
    but i got 1000 - 2000 more for my trade in then any other dealer want to pay me
    so its like 24462 + tag + tax (again my 2007 dodge caliber sxt 82147 miles was appraised at 3600 to 4600 every where)