Put order in for 2013 WRX 4-door on Oct 1st. When can I expect/request status updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Put order in for 2013 WRX 4-door on Oct 1st. When can I expect/request status updates within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; As the title says, I put an order in for a 2013 WRX 4-door CBS Premium on Oct 1st. The ...

Put order in for 2013 WRX 4-door on Oct 1st. When can I expect/request status updates

As the title says, I put an order in for a 2013 WRX 4-door CBS Premium on Oct 1st. The dealer quoted me an estimated arrival time of 90 days. When can I reasonably expect there to be updated status information? I don't want to harass the dealer, but at the same time I feel like I am entitled to periodic updates. Since the original timeline they quoted runs right into the holiday season, I'm concerned that there will be delays that will move things back significantly. Can anyone give me some advice on how to stay informed without going overboard?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mine took 4 1/2 weeks

Be prepared for disappointment. Subaru is notorious for doing a poor job with keeping customers apprised of their car's whereabouts.

Most people end up calling SOA directly, as the dealerships seem to have spotty information. If you haven't received any kind of communication at this point, that is what I would do if I were you.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Is their phone number on the main Subaru website? Customer Service?

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, you can find SOA's phone number on the Subaru website in the contact info. You can also send them en email to which they always reply. Include info about where & when you placed the order, with model & color. If you have a VON,include that also.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thanks. I'll give it a try tonight.

When I was waiting on my order, I called once a week. I don't consider that to be harassing in the least, given the thousands of dollars I would be giving them.

Even so, and though SOA usually has better info than the dealership, it can still depend on the customer service rep you get. I got two helpful people, and one who gave me a hard time for calling. Basically said "why are you calling us, just wait and you'll get it when you get it."

Just wanted to give you my experience so if you get the latter type of rep, you won't get too discouraged.
    - Will

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Heard back from SOA today. They said they had a record of the order but that there was no further information available. I suppose that means it isn't even a twinkle in their eye, and I won't be seeing the car until 2013.

You never know, like I said Subaru seems to be in the stone age when it comes to this aspect of customer service. I seem to recall getting my vin and von, and then nothing for a while, then all of a sudden "hey, it'll be here next week or so."
    - Will

I Support ClubWRX
    I had no news for 3 months when I ordered back in 2010. I almost forgot about it. I was too immersed in clubdub to notice. I contacted SOA & they gave me some details about the car,like that it was on a boat somewhere. One day, exactly 3 months to the day from placing my order,I get the call that my car is in & I can come pick it up before 6 PM

A lot also depends on your location & some Subaru distribution politics if you live in the NorthEast. Hang in there. It will get here eventually. In the meantime read up. Maybe you want to do some mods. Find out more about the car if you are not familiar with it.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I ordered a black hatch with a short throw shifter on 9/18. My dealer received an updated delivery date on 11/3. Delivery date is 11/28. If it arrives on the 28th it will have been 71 days.

Yeah, it's not the worst thing in the world that I will have some extra time to build up my down payment.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Never. Doing this is not allowed. Just be patient. If you get impatient, I'm going to hope your car falls off the boat.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I might slightly disagree with the 'this is not allowed' logic (mostly because of my experience), but only after it's been 2 months or more. Subaru is notoriously bad at getting info to their dealers or customers, to the point where I would bet they start to lose future sales on ordered cars.

My order process was a horror story. When I ordered mine, and after 8 weeks of no info at all (only a record of the order from my dealer to SNE - which I checked after 6 weeks), I started calling around (dealer, SNE, SNA, etc). It was only because I harassed people to get info on my car that we began to trace the problem - I later found out that the order was dropped somewhere between SNE and SNA and FHI. I eventually got the car I ordered, but it was a huge pain and I basically had to get involved in tracing where they dropped the order (SNA and SNE couldn't have cared less, IMO). It's rare I know, but it does happen (particularly in the northeast with their screwy distribution system), and I find nothing wrong with (after a reasonable amount of time, mind you) you start making phone calls. 8 weeks is minimum waiting, in my opinion.

But, keep in mind there are literally 100s of other orders that go through perfectly smoothly - and you get a wonderful car without much issue. So don't let my story bother you - let it be a story that makes you think "I'm SO GLAD I'm not that guy and my car is coming soon".

However, at this point, be patient and after a while (i.e. mid-december-ish) you should be able to get some info out of someone.
    Last edited by TankerTruck; 11-06-2012 at 06:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast