Put order in for 2013 WRX 4-door on Oct 1st. When can I expect/request status updates - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Put order in for 2013 WRX 4-door on Oct 1st. When can I expect/request status updates within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by TankerTruck I might slightly disagree with the 'this is not allowed' logic (mostly because of my experience), ...

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TankerTruck View Post
    I might slightly disagree with the 'this is not allowed' logic (mostly because of my experience), but only after it's been 2 months or more. Subaru is notoriously bad at getting info to their dealers or customers, to the point where I would bet they start to lose future sales on ordered cars.

My order process was a horror story. When I ordered mine, and after 8 weeks of no info at all (only a record of the order from my dealer to SNE - which I checked after 6 weeks), I started calling around (dealer, SNE, SNA, etc). It was only because I harassed people to get info on my car that we began to trace the problem - I later found out that the order was dropped somewhere between SNE and SNA and FHI. I eventually got the car I ordered, but it was a huge pain and I basically had to get involved in tracing where they dropped the order (SNA and SNE couldn't have cared less, IMO). It's rare I know, but it does happen (particularly in the northeast with their screwy distribution system), and I find nothing wrong with (after a reasonable amount of time, mind you) you start making phone calls. 8 weeks is minimum waiting, in my opinion.

But, keep in mind there are literally 100s of other orders that go through perfectly smoothly - and you get a wonderful car without much issue. So don't let my story bother you - let it be a story that makes you think "I'm SO GLAD I'm not that guy and my car is coming soon".

However, at this point, be patient and after a while (i.e. mid-december-ish) you should be able to get some info out of someone.

Take it for what you will. Complaining will not make your car show up any faster. The simple solution here is to not buy a Subaru. Also, get a new wife.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh, I agree. Complaining usually doesn't get you anywhere - there are instances where it's necessary (my specific case - not many others I've read about).

I think there's a big difference between complaining and being informed, though. People want to be informed on their purchase. Having ordered Mazdas, Fords and a Toyota (not including the 6 motorcycles I've heavily customed ordered for racing) from the factory, none of the direct competition is even close to as bad as Subaru was.

Sadly, in a few years when my company car is due, if this whole ordering/delivery process hasn't changed significantly, I won't be buying another Subaru. And I LOVE my car (favorite car so far).

...definitely a new wife though...

I recently had a run in with the same problem. Subaru likes to not keep you in the loop for some reason. I put an order in for a WRX hatchback on the October 26. I stopped by the dealership at least once a week and finally got an update 5 weeks in. My sales rep had to have his general manager to dig for info and found that my car was due to be built in December, you can imagine how I felt about that.

Although he went to the general manager and was able to have a car pulled from another lot and have it sent to my dealership. So I got really lucky with that. I suggest hitting auto trader and look in new cars for the color, model, and options you want. If you can find tell your sales rep where you found it and see if they can have it shipped to your dealership. Either that or ask for your deposit back and road trip it to the dealership with the car. At least that is my suggestion.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by alexbring View Post
    I recently had a run in with the same problem. Subaru likes to not keep you in the loop for some reason. I put an order in for a WRX hatchback on the October 26. I stopped by the dealership at least once a week and finally got an update 5 weeks in. My sales rep had to have his general manager to dig for info and found that my car was due to be built in December, you can imagine how I felt about that.

Although he went to the general manager and was able to have a car pulled from another lot and have it sent to my dealership. So I got really lucky with that. I suggest hitting auto trader and look in new cars for the color, model, and options you want. If you can find tell your sales rep where you found it and see if they can have it shipped to your dealership. Either that or ask for your deposit back and road trip it to the dealership with the car. At least that is my suggestion.

Good luck!
    How did you already waited 5 weeks if you ordered it on 10/26? You haven't even reach 2 weeks yet. And not all dealers are willing to do a dealer trade with another dealer and if they do you usually have to pay a premium price. I rather wait a 2-4 months and have the car perfectly matches what I want at a lower price.

Also I don't know if you guys realize WRX & STI are Subaru's low volume production cars with a high demand. I called SOA a couple weeks back just out of curiosity to see if there any update they have different than what my dealer provides me with weekly and was told Subaru is way backed up on WRX/STI orders. Also there was an announcement directly from Subaru that WRX/STI wait time is 4 month after the full moth of the order.

Oop, I meant 9/26. I have let time slip a little lately. It has been about 5-6 weeks since I placed my original order. I got lucky enough to find a car at another dealer that matched my order almost exactly, it just had a couple extra options already installed. My dealer was awesome enough to not charge me for the extra stuff too. I just took delivery of the car earlier today, and I gotta say I absolutely love it.

But yes, WRX's are a low volume car, but if you know how to look you can find them around, as I said I got lucky enough to find exactly what I was looking for

It's kind of depend on your area too. Some area just has a bunch of WRX/STI sitting on the lot while other area has none. In SoCal there are so many dealers with 10+ WRX/ and 3-5 STI just sitting there or in transit. Within an hour drive of me there are 3-4 wrx that almost match the one I want but too bad they aren't Premium version.

Based on all the "hold" talk and the complete lack of updated information from my dealer and SOA, I am considering canceling my order. I was told 90 days absolute max, more likely much sooner by the dealer. All signs are pointing to a 4-6 month wait. My current car will be requiring a large amount of work before that time is up, and I don't want to be forced to waste my money on it.

It has been known to happen that you could hear nothing, nothing, nothing, then bam your car is being delivered.

What are your alternative options? Consider that you can technically keep the order open and cancel it all the way up to delivery of the car. You have no obligation to buy it. If they told you otherwise then they were bs-ing you. If you gave them anything other than a small 100% refundable deposit (I think it is $200?) then you didn't have to.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I have access to significant discount on a buyer's agent through my work. I may just set them loose and see what they can dig up. Alternatively, I may start looking into other cars.

I ordered a wrx base on 9-6.
    I received the vin number last week and the ETA is november 19.

Put order in for 2013 WRX 4-door on Oct 1st. When can I expect/request status updates

I waited 58 days for my 2012! Seems like it was the slowest 2 months of my life. Lol!

Damn, I'm jealous. I'll probably tap the buyer's agent to start looking today but keep my order with the dealer in place. Hopefully letting them know that they still have competition for my business will light a fire under my dealer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12