Possibly buying a bugeye - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Possibly buying a bugeye within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; the more i read the less im trusting it, you would think he would replace the knock sensor before trying ...

the more i read the less im trusting it, you would think he would replace the knock sensor before trying to sell it unless hes trying to hide something. its not a bad price for whats done to it and the miles but if you need a reliable car id look for something else.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru1229 View Post
    the more i read the less im trusting it, you would think he would replace the knock sensor before trying to sell it unless hes trying to hide something. its not a bad price for whats done to it and the miles but if you need a reliable car id look for something else.
    This is such a hard decision. My parents are helping me and $7500 is my budget. I need this car to commute to college. The way things are looking , i wont be buying this car (sigh)

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You will easily go over your $7500 budget trying to fix the car.

For a $7500 commuter I would be looking for a Honda Civic.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Just to get an idea where I'm coming from.. I bought my second bugeye in 2008 for $11k. It was modded by the previous owner and ran great. 300awhp when I picked it up. It continued running good for ONE DAY after I bought it. I figured I would just fix it and have a good car. Now it's 2012, I've spent over $15,000 rebuilding the engine FOUR times and it has only been drivable for about six months out of the last three years. Not to mention two divorces in part due to the fact that I refuse to sell the car because I could never get back the money I have invested in it at this point.

So it's your call. If you've got plenty of cash and another car to drive while this one gets fixed then I guess you don't have too much to worry about.

And in case you're wondering, my car is still not running right and it's going in next month to have the engine rebuilt a fifth time.
    sounds like you need someone who knows how to rebuild a subi engine, thats ridiculous. next time you get it rebuilt make sure they put the rubber o-rings in where the block splits.

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru1229 View Post
    sounds like you need someone who knows how to rebuild a subi engine, thats ridiculous. next time you get it rebuilt make sure they put the rubber o-rings in where the block splits.

They do.. they own the fastest Subaru in the standing mile (which also does 9s in the 1/4). And it's a daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by MackDaniels View Post
    The way things are looking , i wont be buying this car (sigh)
    Trust us, this is for the best. Reading that ad...that car is a mess that someone is hoping to unload on someone else.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MackDaniels View Post
    This is such a hard decision. My parents are helping me and $7500 is my budget. I need this car to commute to college. The way things are looking , i wont be buying this car (sigh)
    $7500? Yep, Honda Civic. That car will serve you until the end of time. It's probably the least expensive car to maintain out there. $7500 will get you a nice one, too. You could also swing an Integra for that money. In your situation, a $7500 bugeye wouldn't be the best choice. That's the lowest I'd ever spend on a WRX, and I'd expect cars at the price point to have issues (like this one). Nobody in college needs a car with issues.

Just be patient through college, get your degree, then celebrate your first job with a WRX. That's what I did, and I was very thankful I stuck it out. I ended up getting exactly the car I'd always wanted.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Re: Possibly buying a bugeye

That ad screams run fast.
    I notice when someone uses "breaks" for brakes they don't know diddly about cars.

Posted from a fone.

zax
    If you don't want a project car, don't buy this car. The guy clearly has no idea what's going on with the car.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    $7500? Yep, Honda Civic. That car will serve you until the end of time. It's probably the least expensive car to maintain out there. $7500 will get you a nice one, too. You could also swing an Integra for that money. In your situation, a $7500 bugeye wouldn't be the best choice. That's the lowest I'd ever spend on a WRX, and I'd expect cars at the price point to have issues (like this one). Nobody in college needs a car with issues.

Just be patient through college, get your degree, then celebrate your first job with a WRX. That's what I did, and I was very thankful I stuck it out. I ended up getting exactly the car I'd always wanted.
    You're so right. I dont need a wrx right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.