Haggle help on WRX purchaseyou gu - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Haggle help on WRX purchaseyou gu within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Yes pool runner is dead on. Also remember that the price of the car is not the whole deal. There ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes pool runner is dead on. Also remember that the price of the car is not the whole deal. There are a lot of ways for a dealer to sell you the car for invoice or less and still make it a good deal for them. For instance If they're taking your trade for less than it's actual value or you're getting a higher interest rate, adding destination charge etc. If you guys who say you're paying these extremely low prices would post your buyers orders that would be a lot more informative. Realistically I think that if Subaru said tomorrow that all wrxs will be sold for sticker I doubt sales would drop much, it's still a great value considering the resale and fun/cost factor. What other car with awd in this class would you really rather have for that kind of money?
    Last edited by rexxx0486; 10-14-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I looked around at 2 subaru dealers in my area and found 2 similar models. after talking and trying to negotiate with one dealer we had already spoke with the second one and negotiated on the phone. we told the dealer we were at that we were gonna talk to the other one and thats when we gained a large upper hand to get the price lowered.
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Runner View Post
    Not sure about the rest of the country but here in nor Cal the best you can expect to pay for a 2013 WRX is sticker. I think dealers do discount STi's though as they are at a much higher price point and sit longer than the $26,700 base WRX's.

Seriously for the last year even "USED" WRX's were going for $1500-$2000 more than new ones for some crazy reason. My car had a $26,700 sticker ('13 Sedan, base, Satin White, no spoiler) and the dealer was asking $29,900 for it. Dealer I bought it from promised to sell it to me for sticker eventhough he had a cash offer for $1100 over MSRP because I bought my wifes Outback there a year prior.

He said they never sell WRX's for under MSRP, as there are people seriously waiting for them as they come off the truck. Good luck, and I know if you shop in areas where Subaru isn't popular like Texas, Florida, Mid West etc.. you might get an invoice price. But if your trying to buy in a hot Subaru market you will pay sticker or more likely if you want one of these cars. I paid sticker and don't mind as I got EXACTLY the car I dreamed about, plus I can afford it and the resale value is insane on these cars anyway.
    Agreed, in the SF/San Jose/Monterey Bay area its tough going on the WRX's - they're very popular vehicles around these parts, particularly with Lake Tahoe a few hours away. I just ordered a 2013 WRX, called a few dealers who couldn't order one from the factory because they had already run through their allotment for 2013 (by early Oct.), ordered a base WRX 5 door, short throw, fog lights, auto dim mirror and cargo tray for OTD of just over $29K on 9% tax. As I recall we got an OTD of just under $28K on our 2010 WRX 5 door, same options minus mirror, which we ordered in Oct. 2009 and waited 5 or 6 weeks to receive.

California is a joke. Very few dealers go below MSRP. I am in CA and have been quoted $27,500 for a 2013 prem hatch w/ auto dim, short throw, and bumper guard in AZ. I may pull the trigger out there. I travel a lot and that is not a far drive. The one thing you need to be careful of is taxes and a dealer adding fees on when you get out there. Make sure you are not double taxed. Just an idea for those that are at bay to the ridiculous CA prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper49 View Post
    Agreed, in the SF/San Jose/Monterey Bay area its tough going on the WRX's - they're very popular vehicles around these parts, particularly with Lake Tahoe a few hours away. I just ordered a 2013 WRX, called a few dealers who couldn't order one from the factory because they had already run through their allotment for 2013 (by early Oct.), ordered a base WRX 5 door, short throw, fog .lights, auto dim mirror and cargo tray for OTD of just over $29K on 9% tax. As I recall we got an OTD of just under $28K on our 2010 WRX 5 door, same options minus mirror, which we ordered in Oct. 2009 and waited 5 or 6 weeks to receive.
    It still blows my mind the short throw kit is an accessory or even optional?? It's a WRX, why the hell would you not want that item in the first place on a performance car. Further proof Toyota has to many hands in Subaru.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

It still blows my mind the short throw kit is an accessory or even optional?? It's a WRX, why the hell would you not want that item in the first place on a performance car. Further proof Toyota has to many hands in Subaru.
    Stock STS is garbage. Aftermarket blows it out of the water and there is no denying that. Waste of money.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Anyone here bought a 13 WRX on east coast? specifically Virginia? I am wondering what people are being quoted. I am here in VA Beach and dealerships here seem to be sticking to sticker prices which is $27k and above. Any feedback is appreciated as i am trying to buy my first Subaru.

I'm quoted base wrx hatchback 27,000 with short throw shifter installed free (came with it not by choice) come Monday I will probably get a thousand or 2 knocked off for them jerking me around with this whole "fuel sensor safety inspection".

I'm in Baltimore MD area though...

I Support ClubWRX
    It's been that way long before Toyota came into play... Plus I certainly wont bash thier involvement in anything subaru after seeing the BRZ! As for the short throw, IME some buyers (usually vw saab or volvo converts) prefer the longer throws or don't notice the difference due to their more relaxed driving style... although you probably won't find many on this forum.

Reposting from other thread:
    It took a little longer but I finally picked up my 2013 WRB Hatch base today at Grand Subaru in Bensenville, IL (just few miles west of Chicago). I'm in love with the way that the hatches look (I will be posting pictures soon).
    I ended up paying $24,475 with the following options: short throw shifter with the STI leather/aluminum shift knob, boost guage, dimming mirror, cargo mat and the rear bumper cover.
    I'm posting a scan of the order form to help you guys get better deals.

Cheers!

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

Wow you got a great deal !

I Support ClubWRX
    did you finance though? What rate? What trade in did you have? I'm a dealer and I honestly have no idea how they sold the car for that price! Invoice for sdc dealers is 25380, and there just isn't that much holdback in the car... Do you service the car there regularly? That is literally a losing deal for the dealer as long as you got market value for the trade and the correct rate. They maybe broke even after all is said and done accounting for the documentary fee but still...

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    did you finance though? What rate? What trade in did you have? I'm a dealer and I honestly have no idea how they sold the car for that price! Invoice for sdc dealers is 25380, and there just isn't that much holdback in the car... Do you service the car there regularly? That is literally a losing deal for the dealer as long as you got market value for the trade and the correct rate. They maybe broke even after all is said and done accounting for the documentary fee but still...
    I just financed few $k at 2.9% but that didn't matter in that deal. The only person who services my cars is me so dealer is not making money there.
    I'm sure that they will make a little on my trade (2012 WRX sedan which I got for $24,000 and traded in for $23,500) and from what I know they are the number one volume dealer in the Midwest so I'm sure they have some kind off a deal worked out with SOA.

You can always call and ask them.

Cheers!
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

I paid 27k OTD for my13 Rex spoiler/fog lights/auto dimming mirror/extended arm rest. Also I got back 21k for my 15k mile CRV . I have no payoff left on the CRV....all this at .02 rate. Not complaining.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 00TypeR1071 View Post
    I just financed few $k at 2.9% but that didn't matter in that deal. The only person who services my cars is me so dealer is not making money there.
    I'm sure that they will make a little on my trade (2012 WRX sedan which I got for $24,000 and traded in for $23,500) and from what I know they are the number one volume dealer in the Midwest so I'm sure they have some kind off a deal worked out with SOA.

You can always call and ask them.

Cheers!
    Ah ok I figured this out, your region currently has a stair step program going where the dealer makes a certain bonus when they hit a particular tier. Like for example, if you sell 10 wrx/sti this quarter you get back 500 a car, if you hit 20 you get back 750 per car, if you hit 30 you get back 1000 and so on. I'm guessing your unit was the one they needed to get them to the next tier, so even if they lost money to sell it to you they made it back by hitting their bonus. great deal for you! Before everyone gets an erection about it, I looked it up and they are not doing this in any other region in the USA as far as I can see. They must have an abundance in your region or something. I wish I had the same program! I would pass it right along to you guys on the forum and everyone would be stoked including myself when I sold a crapload of extra cars.
    Last edited by rexxx0486; 11-03-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast