Haggle help on WRX purchaseyou gu - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Haggle help on WRX purchaseyou gu within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by Pool Runner Not sure about the rest of the country but here in nor Cal the best ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Runner View Post
    Not sure about the rest of the country but here in nor Cal the best you can expect to pay for a 2013 WRX is sticker. I think dealers do discount STi's though as they are at a much higher price point and sit longer than the $26,700 base WRX's.

Seriously for the last year even "USED" WRX's were going for $1500-$2000 more than new ones for some crazy reason. My car had a $26,700 sticker ('13 Sedan, base, Satin White, no spoiler) and the dealer was asking $29,900 for it. Dealer I bought it from promised to sell it to me for sticker eventhough he had a cash offer for $1100 over MSRP because I bought my wifes Outback there a year prior.

He said they never sell WRX's for under MSRP, as there are people seriously waiting for them as they come off the truck. Good luck, and I know if you shop in areas where Subaru isn't popular like Texas, Florida, Mid West etc.. you might get an invoice price. But if your trying to buy in a hot Subaru market you will pay sticker or more likely if you want one of these cars. I paid sticker and don't mind as I got EXACTLY the car I dreamed about, plus I can afford it and the resale value is insane on these cars anyway.
    Dealers are there to make money not be your friend if he had a cash offer he would have sold it... he just wanted you to hurry up and buy the car.
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    Dealers are there to make money not be your friend if he had a cash offer he would have sold it... he just wanted you to hurry up and buy the car.
    Actually he did not believe I would buy the car, I had been to the Subbie dealer 3 times in the month. I had been to other Subbie lots in my area, it wasn't BS, I would see cars online on their website then call only for the dealers to tell me we already sold the car. These cars are selling that well in my area. Like I said it might not be nationwide but that's what it's like here in Nor Cal.

Sucks actually as back in 2011 when the refreshened WRX came out, two dealers in my area had 12-15 WRX's in stock at a time with discounted pricing up to $3,000 off MSRP listed on their web sites. One dealer told me without even haggling if I bought today I could have $4000 off on a WRX. Unfortunately I wasn't in a position to buy a third car in 2011 as we had just had our second kid and bought a new home.

Fast forward to now and dealers barely have one in stock and they want $2-3k over sticker. Crazy
    Last edited by Pool Runner; 10-10-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

I Support ClubWRX
    Check out the car buying program in my sig and pm me.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

You have to plan ahead too. Don't wait until it's on a lot. I got my '13 with short throw, catback, and finishers for just under 26K. But I negotiated the deal up front, not when it was there to be delivered and they know your excitement allows them to take advantage of you.
    Ready, Fire, Aim!
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Austin, Texas

Proud Member #512 of the Stink-Eye Mob

The exhaust is like 1100 after install they said and that is at their cost. That doesn't seem right to me. All total for boost gauge and exhaust plus labor its 1535$

Quote Originally Posted by Gendax View Post
    You have to plan ahead too. Don't wait until it's on a lot. I got my '13 with short throw, catback, and finishers for just under 26K. But I negotiated the deal up front, not when it was there to be delivered and they know your excitement allows them to take advantage of you.
    +1. When I finally decided to pick up the wrx. The initial salesman was more than happy to take my 500 deposit but didn't want to negotiate price until the delivery date. What I did in the meantime was get my financing done outside the dealership and I completed the sale with the sales manager. By knowing what the surrounding dealerships were asking for their inventory I was able to get the cost down to invoice including accessories.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rurso01 View Post
    The exhaust is like 1100 after install they said and that is at their cost. That doesn't seem right to me. All total for boost gauge and exhaust plus labor its 1535$
    That sounds about right to me.

NEVER buy a WRX in NorCal... EVERY dealer I've talked to (from Sac to South bay) wanted at least $2k mark-up...

There are maybe three dealers in SoCal that are willing to do under MSRP... I have an order at one. :]

I Support ClubWRX
    You should be able to order a car well below dealer invoice.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

How do I get them below invoice?!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ea126405 View Post
    You should be able to order a car well below dealer invoice.
    Maybe in your region, but OP is in Cali where they routinely sell for over sticker. I must have talked to 20 guys from Cali through this forum and not one was even getting invoice, best I heard was 250 over.

I'm one of those Cali guys... my best deal is $200 over invoice so far... More negotiation once the car gets a VIN...

Rexxx0486; happen to know how much, if any holdback is given for WRXs?

I Support ClubWRX
    Bummer.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

I got the price down to $23,795 on my 2013 Hatch Base in Chicago. However I ended up adding few extra parts, which brought the price up to $24,475. These are the extras I got for the car: boost guage, short throw shifter, STI 5spd leather/aluminum shift knob, dimming mirror, cargo mat, rear bumper cover....

It was relatively easy to get that price. I just got few online quotes from few local dealers and exchanged few emails here and there.
    Last edited by 00TypeR1071; 10-13-2012 at 09:36 PM.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by chutoyy View Post
    I'm one of those Cali guys... my best deal is $200 over invoice so far... More negotiation once the car gets a VIN...

Rexxx0486; happen to know how much, if any holdback is given for WRXs?
    I have no idea what the holdback is on this car, and frankly I could care less as I could more than afford this car (Was going to get this or the $36k Golf R) If you like it then just buy it and move on. Seriously pricing on one of these cars is all relative, just like purchasing a home as an example. If you live in Austin or Chicago you may in fact be able to get an invoice or below invoice price but your resale will be crap too in those areas (I lived in Austin near Lake Travis area from '04-'08) and it was rare to see even one Subaru a week, there was only one dealer and it was in the city. There are four Subaru dealers within 30 miles of my house and none of them ever have more than one WRX and maybe an STi in stock, and none will trade a WRX with another near by dealer, that's how sticklers they are about these cars. As another example when I bought my Outback I was at the dealer 10 min and did not have to even haggle to get the car below invoice, but then again they had 70 Outbacks in stock. Why would any dealer give anything off a car that is in demand and the only one they have in stock. I mean I wouldn't if I owned the business, would any of you.

Not starting anything just trying to put things in perspective, a lot of you keep saying I got a smokin below invoice price, but you are likely in a market where Subaru isn't popular, and said dealer has 5-10 of them in stock.

My point is if you live in California the norm for a WRX is sticker price (You are awesome if you can do better) but our re-sale on a WRX is insane. '06 & '07 WRX's still go for over $20K out here and '11 + cars are selling for more than a new '13. Just a heads up, if you live in California and buy a new car out of state, you may get a smoking deal on it but be prepared to pay tax on it "again" when you register it.
    Last edited by Pool Runner; 10-14-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.