2013 WRX ordering...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX ordering... within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; So a couple questions guys... I own a 2005 WRX which I'm trading in for a 2013. I was told ...

2013 WRX ordering...

So a couple questions guys...

I own a 2005 WRX which I'm trading in for a 2013. I was told that I could snag a Pearl White hatchback within the week or I could wait that outrageously long period while they "order" the sedan I had my heart set on. What is everyone else's take on the hatchback? I'm so on the fence about it and my only real deterrent from it is the tail lights. The hatchback is definitely growing on me.

Also, is there anything I should know about as I have been out of the WRX purchasing game for 8 years? I'm just getting a base model and adding the SPT exhaust and boost gauge.

Lastly, I was told that I could not add a Navi from factory to the car like I had hoped. what is the reason for this?! It was available for both the Premium and Limited models and the double din stereo is the same in all 3 that I could tell (atleast in size). Im gladly going to pay the price and was told by the dealer to try aftermarket which I would not prefer.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any help guys I'm purchasing in the next week more than likely

I have a hatch and absolutely love it. I got some tail light overlays to take care of the hideous stock look.

As far as the Nav, IIRC it is only available as an option in the premium and limited. I don't think bae models got that option.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Can you link me to your overlays? I'd love to see what you have on them. I love the idea of a hatch for more cargo space.

Here's a shot of my nice round rear....

If you want to see more just google "wrx tail overlays" or something similar.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Why don't you just order one and wait for a little while for the car your heart is set on? I mean I love the hatchbacks and I think they are a little bit more practical, but that is just my opinion. But if I really wanted a sedan I would just order it and wait to get what I wanted. I wouldnt want to get stuck for another 7-8 years with a car that was almost everything I wanted....

Op I was on the same fence. We were initially going to trade our '11 Outback for the WRX, but at the last minute decided to keep the Outback and just get the WRX as a third "fun car" Going with initial plan I was going to get the hatch even though I think the sedan looks meaner in a BMW M3 kind of way. Since we kept our Outback, I didn't want two wagon type cars and I'm glad I went that route.

Personally the only reason I wanted the wagon WRX was for the nicer LED stock tails, the tails on the sedan look outdated but the rest of the sedan body is so hot looking, plus I like the sedan exhaust better too. I got lucky, I waited two years to get the exact car I would have ordered from the factory if I did; satin white, base, no spoiler. Dealer told me that combo lasts about one to two days on the lot and it was just my day because my car had come in off the truck 2 hours before I stopped into the dealer. I put the first miles on it actually. Good luck, I wanted a WRX I almost pushed the button twice and settled for a color I really didn't want.

Don't get me wrong, I love any WRX really and enjoy seeing the hatches when I'm out driving it's just I'm 34 Y/O with two kids and I feel like the sedan fits my age better in a weird way.
    Last edited by Pool Runner; 10-10-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

Order what you want. I am waiting right now for my car, but I order the upgrades I wanted, and the color/style I prefer. It is always worth waiting. You are going to pay for the car for the next 4-5 years and you will only be happy paying for what you want.

July 2005 - WRX 2005 Limited - Sold for 12,500$ at 68k.
    August 2012 - STI 2013 Limited - Arrived October 19th

There's a white hatchback base model on the lot right now... its not that I don't want it. Its that I'm just not sure. And if I don't pull the trigger now I'll have to wait 3-4 months! Ughhh... I gotta decide asap.

Quote Originally Posted by rurso01 View Post
    There's a white hatchback base model on the lot right now... its not that I don't want it. Its that I'm just not sure. And if I don't pull the trigger now I'll have to wait 3-4 months! Ughhh... I gotta decide asap.
    I say get it if its the color you want most. I would have been happy either way, but since I already have a wagon it made it easier for me to go with the sedan. If you don't have another car that is practical or a truck then the hatch is going to be more practical and easier to live with as a daily driver. As you can see I own both an Outback and a truck so my sedan doesn't need to be practical, just hold two car seats lol.

Plus the longer you wait the closer you get to the new '14 model. I had to get my '13 now as I was unwilling to gamble on what Subaru might turn the new model into. Remember what the '08-'10 WRX looked like yawwwn..... Anyway I doubt the first couple years of the new car will have the cool wide body styling like we have now, plus 2.0 .vs the Ej25 now etc... Just do it and start enjoying your car.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

Can you post a bunch of diff pics of your white hatchback please? Tough finding good pics and of course there's none on lots to look at.

Also if someone else could post pics of a white sedan from different t angles I'm sure someone has some on their computer. Id greatly appreciate it.

Just google or YouTube STI 2012. Same car. You won't find much on 2013 yet.

July 2005 - WRX 2005 Limited - Sold for 12,500$ at 68k.
    August 2012 - STI 2013 Limited - Arrived October 19th

I just put down a deposit to secure the pearl white hatchback and if arrived today. Drove by to see it and its SWEET! signing papers Monday ahhhhh

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2013 WRX ordering...

I personally would have waited for what I wanted. However I don't see why you can't add nav, I will check tomorrow. I sell subarus and I can't imagine why they wouldn't add the nav at the factory and even if they won't I don't see why the dealer won't install it, it is the same unit in all of them. Sounds fishy to me like these guys might be jerkin your chain a little but I'll find out. What dealer is it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.