Insurance question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance question within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey Guys, New to the forums but i am looking into buying a new WRX and i had a few ...

Insurance question

Hey Guys,

New to the forums but i am looking into buying a new WRX and i had a few questions about it.

Anyone have some direction on what companies offer decent rates on insurance.

25 year old guy in New Hampshire.

thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Travelers, state farm

I Support ClubWRX
    my statefarm isn't bad at all
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Insurance question

Everyone will have different rates. Get a quote from each one you can think of.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Just find a insurance broker. They can do a good job of pricing out the entire market. That would be my advice. State Farm, Farmers, Allstate are ok with pricing its really the name that people look at more than anything

Top 100 Independent P&C Insurance Agencies

Go to the link and go to company 18.... They are big and good for a reason. If you want a smaller company find one on the list thats lower if you want. These are all great companies who are not trying to please shareholders. You always get good prcing from brokers like these

Yea i just got back a quote from progressive of 2500 a year and that seemed high.

thanks for the advice

I Support ClubWRX
    Liberty mutual is Subaru's partner company in the insurance world. Might be worth checking them out, its called the Subaru Advantage program, you get a lower rate just for having a subie.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Liberty mutual is Subaru's partner company in the insurance world. Might be worth checking them out, its called the Subaru Advantage program, you get a lower rate just for having a subie.

Weird how information like this sometimes pops up right when I'm looking for it. We have only subies lol. Although if they don't do home as well it will probably not win out for the combo deal. I think Allstate has just gotten complacent with our rates and it's time to shake things up.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I actually work for liberty, and with the employee discount and subaru discount its still not much of a deal. Have found better else where so far

Geico seems to have the best rates on the WRX for me anyway, Progressive for me was about $2500 and Geico was $1400 and that's with $500 deductibles, haven't tried liberty but I think they're usually on the higher side

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You can only keep Geico for a couple of years before they will have raised your rates well beyond market.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Be careful with Geico... They usually skip on the rental insurance and they give you lower limits of liability which is leaving you at risk. They are notorious for doing that in the insurance industry. I think every client I have taken from Geico has had insurance that leaves them exposed/underinsured... Not a good thing.
    Then like mycologist said they take rate increase once they have you and they are terrible with service.

Insurance question

Quote Originally Posted by CZDeaver View Post
    Be careful with Geico... They usually skip on the rental insurance and they give you lower limits of liability which is leaving you at risk. They are notorious for doing that in the insurance industry. I think every client I have taken from Geico has had insurance that leaves them exposed/underinsured... Not a good thing.
    Then like mycologist said they take rate increase once they have you and they are terrible with service.
    I switched to geico after farmers wanted $221 a month for my 11 WRX. Geico did it for $89 a month with rental coverage up to $30/30 days, 100k/300k and $100 deductible for collision and $50 for comprehensive. An after my first year it went down to my current monthly of $74.

Just wanted to show that not all experiences with geico are bad

P.s. 29 y/o male with clean record Las Vegas, NV
    2011 Base WRX

They are not always bad. And if I had to guess you are either not driving far or that is a second vehicle for pleasure use. And just wait in six months to a year... It will go up haha. Glad you got a good rate though man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    I switched to geico after farmers wanted $221 a month for my 11 WRX. Geico did it for $89 a month with rental coverage up to $30/30 days, 100k/300k and $100 deductible for collision and $50 for comprehensive. An after my first year it went down to my current monthly of $74.

Just wanted to show that not all experiences with geico are bad

P.s. 29 y/o male with clean record Las Vegas, NV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast