Insurance question - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Insurance question within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I'm 19 and i pay like 213/month. its expensive but manageable, i have Allstate because they gave me the best ...

I'm 19 and i pay like 213/month. its expensive but manageable, i have Allstate because they gave me the best rates for full coverage and every little extra thing i could get to protect my car with.

Ps i dont have a clean record. 2 accidents where i got hit in Ma. ruled not my fault but it still brought my insurance up >=(
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i bought mazda 3 in august for my wife. her license is less then year old and mine is 7 years old
    all state refused to give me insurence
    geico 1600 for 6 month insurence
    some litle company estrella 1800
    progressive 1222 paid in pull for 6 months (with snap shot) $922 i have 500 and 250 deductable
    now same problem with wrx
    all state gave me 1400 quote geico did the same 1400 progresive 1030
    i was about to purchase the progressive when i decide to call them and i am glad i did
    she added my wrx to my mazda policy for 4 months
    same coverage and i paid only $300.90 (cleand record)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    I switched to geico after farmers wanted $221 a month for my 11 WRX. Geico did it for $89 a month with rental coverage up to $30/30 days, 100k/300k and $100 deductible for collision and $50 for comprehensive. An after my first year it went down to my current monthly of $74.

Just wanted to show that not all experiences with geico are bad

P.s. 29 y/o male with clean record Las Vegas, NV

Not my experience bro, geico had me on a low rate until after my 3rd year when they suddenly started increasing my premium every year, I called and asked them what was the reason for the increase and they said "it's just how it is right now, everything is going up" in the meantime my driving record is clean. So I switched to a different company and saved a lot of money.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Insurance question

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    Not my experience bro, geico had me on a low rate until after my 3rd year when they suddenly started increasing my premium every year, I called and asked them what was the reason for the increase and they said "it's just how it is right now, everything is going up" in the meantime my driving record is clean. So I switched to a different company and saved a lot of money.
    Cool so after I save $147 a month for 23 more months I switch to someone else.
    2011 Base WRX

Re: Insurance question

Usaa or gtfo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX

Insurance question

There are 1001 price points when in comes to insurance. When shopping for insurance, find out with in yourself what you value, price or protection. Are you a home owner? Do you have a lot of liquid assets? What are goals in the future? Those questions should give you an idea of how you should look at insurance. The purpose of insurance is to protect you and your assets...

Allstate, State Farm, and Liberty Mutual are what you call insurance giants. They are a name brand with a reputation. With these companies, chances are their rates will be a bit more than your local/regional insurance companies and your 800# and Internet only insurance companies. The reason why is there is more over head cost... Allst, SF, LM have agents, more claim reps, etc. IMO you get what you pay for. The 3 companies have better claim service and customer service... They also have a better track history of paying out the covered perils.... Less headache come claim time.

Other companies have far less over head cost so the premiums may be less... But the claim service and customer service may not be up To par. They maybe more of a headache to deal with. Most smaller companies try to find ways not to payout. You get what you pay for. It's like comparing your Subbie to a Daewoo... Get it?

Anyways, if it is all about cheap cheap cheap... Do homework and find out what companies are new to the state... Chances are they will a lot cheaper. All they care about is building a book of business in the state. But be prepared for a major rate increase in the next year or so once they meet their numbers, or be prepared to be dropped if they don't like you. Then you will be back to square one and now you've become a rate chaser, in the long run you will pay more.

Is your state a no fault state? If they are, get in contact with your health provider and see how they respond to auto related accidents. Will the pay 1st if auto PIP(personal injury protection) is elected 2nd? Do they have unlimited life max? If they do, that may save you a lot of money!!! Crucial now being this Obama care is now in effect.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by CaQuin; 11-21-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Geico, $880 every 6 months or $1760 a year for 3 cars (2008, 2010, and a 2013)
    Up the Irons!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.