1995 Impreza L AWD - GOOD DEAL???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 1995 Impreza L AWD - GOOD DEAL??? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; So I just moved and have been looking for a cheap car as a daily driver, but also for a ...

Question 1995 Impreza L AWD - GOOD DEAL???

So I just moved and have been looking for a cheap car as a daily driver, but also for a project car, and came across this nice 1995 Impreza L coupe. Clean title, no major body issues, everything works and runs great... but it has 226k miles. For $1400 is it worth it? The women selling it has maintenance records for the radiator and cv joint that was replaced a few months ago, and said her father replaced the timing belt on it but didn't have the record for that. She also said it was taken to a subaru dealer and was checked out, it has a small oil leak and power steering leak. So good deal or keep looking?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"Project car" and "daily driver" generally don't jive well. What are you considering "project car" to mean?

Do you know when they supposedly replaced the timing belt?

What is the cause of those two leaks?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

What i mean by project car is something that I can fix up little by little, but that I can use as a daily driver also. She told me the timing belt was changed around 170k miles. And no I don't know the cause of the leaks yet, was going to get it looked at by Subaru after I pick it up.

Was that its first or second timing belt? Should be on its second one by now...(every 105k).

I mean, if you want to throw down $1400, go for it. Not really a terrible deal, but leaking oil could be anything.

What do you want to fix it up to do? I can't see fixing it up to be anything other than a simple commuter type car.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.