2004 with High miles....is it worth it?

This is a discussion on 2004 with High miles....is it worth it? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Just started looking for a decent WRX wagon that can be used as a second car/winter car. Test drove this ...

2004 with High miles....is it worth it?

Just started looking for a decent WRX wagon that can be used as a second car/winter car.
    Test drove this car the other day and it drove decently and was also pretty clean. Couple very small rust spots, one on the roof by the windshield and a couple above the wheel wells.

Tons of miles though....213K to be exact.

LINK:
    Beautiful SUBARU Impreza WRX Sportwagon - 5 speed turbo

IMO I'm thinking he's asking too much. Thoughts?
    thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

def asking too much with miles like that dude. I just picked up an 03 with 103K on the clock for 7K. look around more, Ive seen 200K wrx's go for 4K

Yeah, I knew he was way high on his price. He says he's a bit firm on it as well. He may be sitting on it a while.

thanks for the reply.

Id say keep look unless he knocks at least 2K off the price. way too high for such high miles.

Yeah I'd take it for 5k, and gut the engine and stuff an STI drivetrain in there. Too high with those miles, no matter how well it was maintained.

It looks like it was meticulously cared for and all, but you just never know about that mileage. It should be on it's second timing belt service by now!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Pretty clean for those miles, the owner loved it thats for sure.
    2007 WRX Wagon - Maddad Whisper Dual Tip, Swift Wagon Springs, KYB Excel-G Shocks
    2004 Acura TL - 6 Speed - Stock
    1998 Mustang SVT Cobra Convertible - Modified
    Display of Speed

Yeah, it's pretty clean. Like I said it only had a couple very tiny rust spots on it which shouldn't be a big deal to take care of.

I'm a huge noob when it comes to these WRX's so I've got to do a lot more reading on it. What to look for and what to avoid.

I just really need a dependable second car/winter ride that will last the next few years. I'm really not at all interested in doing any modding to it. I Just like the AWD wagon concept. I just got rid of my Honda Civic AWD wagon that I absolutely loved. Just wanted something a bit newer at this point.

I don't think I'd pay more than $6K for this one...