2005 WRX wagon with an 4AET 130k miles
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2005 WRX wagon with an 4AET 130k miles within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Looking for a subie i came across a used wagon with 130k on the clock. all stock automatic one owner ...

2005 WRX wagon with an 4AET 130k miles

Looking for a subie i came across a used wagon with 130k on the clock. all stock automatic one owner and clean carfax. they want 10k for it obo dont really know how good of a deal that is. but i used to have an auto integra and it was cool i dont really race or laumch an stuff but i am not sure how a 2L turbo 4 with awd would feel and the longevity of the car. i was also wondering if i can use a cob access port as well since it is automatic. i would plan to do like a catback exhaust and up pipe and pretty much leave it there and just get suspension and wheels. What are your guys thoughts. Yes i know 5spds perform better but im not looking for a car to flogg around just a good performing car with decent mpg power and drive ability. Thanks for the help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello,

See the link in my signature for info on the mods you discuss.

For info on buying the car itself, see the first six (6) sticky threads in the Purchasing forum on this site.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

cool thanks! i took a look but didnt see anything about an accessport to be able to tune an auto WRX could you enlighten me on that subject?

Re: 2005 WRX wagon with an 4AET 130k miles

Wait, wrx prices have gone up since the shortage. That is a horrible price for an auto WRX.

Oh and catback and uppipe don't need a tune.

Posted from a fone.
    Last edited by UEDan; 09-06-2012 at 09:32 PM.

they have an 06 for 15 with an sti cluster and sti tmic and exhaust. im just scared of buying it and it bvlowing up since it was ran without tuning. i am no way paying 10k for that car waht would be a good price to ask?

06 Wagon? Ohhh baby my faves! hahaha
    Its cool that you actually know Subies need a tune to run correctly. But keep in mind that there are some upgrades that don't require a tune. Axlebacks/catbacks, intercoolers, clusterss don't need a tune.
    How many miles on the 06? I'm weary of the 06 because the ODO won't reflect the true mileage of the car....

I'd low-ball them a 5/6 emphasizing its a 4EAT(Theres a reason they're so rare), if everything runs fine. Sorry to the person selling the car.

But if you want a car that has decent fuel economy, look elsewhere. Honestly.

no sadly its a sedan. yeah ive been doing my research since i wanted to get a 2013 wrx but i think irather get an older one and buy a house lol. ok maybe it dont need a tune but the cluster is changed so im not sure to trust it could maybe get it for 12k maybe less. it could make a good haggling point but i wouldnt want to risk it. i mean decent compared to my truck. i know it being a turbo car wont be 30mpg awesome but i think it can do better then my trucks 20mpg average. atleast hit the epa sticker average. i wa thinking like 7500 since it is mint! i would buy from private party but i dont think i could get financed.....i hate that i ahve high credit rating but no real history.

With a good credit score it wouldn't hurt to try and get a private party loan. Lower interest rates man!! Theres gonna be more WRXs out there. Take your time.

Here with California gas I get about 21.9-ish MPG.
    24 if I don't boost.
    27 from Irvine to Big Bear trip(70mph cruise).
    Just FYI.

27mpg isnt bad. i rarely drive over 65 lol yeah well im going to check it out saturday and see how it feels maybe i can get a bitchen deal. if not no lose for me except gas lol. thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by TRD_yota View Post
    cool thanks! i took a look but didnt see anything about an accessport to be able to tune an auto WRX could you enlighten me on that subject?
    the cobb accessport works on auto's as well. i know because well i have one

How do you like it? Is it capable of getting good mpgs? What mods have you done? How reliable has the transmission been since youve had the car?

[QUOTE=TRD_yota;2933524]How do you like it? Is it capable of getting good mpgs? What mods have you done? How reliable has the transmission been since youve had the car?[/QUOTE

i love it its been on the car for five years now i do mostly highway driving and get about 27-28 mpg. i felt like i lost some low end power (like when driving around town) when i installed it but on the highway the extra power is very noticeable. i also added a trans cooler for added protection no problems with the trans yet. i do have a good amount of mods just check out my profile. i did have the stock turbo pnp'ed though

You do have quite a bits of mods lol. How much power are you putting down? Im really thinking about getting it. How much does a timing belt and water pump service usually run?

Also is it really hard adding the cooler for the transmission?

Quote Originally Posted by TRD_yota View Post
    Also is it really hard adding the cooler for the transmission?
    my friend owns a shop it only took him like half an hour to install it. fits in the front on the pass side plenty of room. never did the timing belt yet. but heard its around $1100 at the dealer. my car only has 62k on it so i have not replaced it yet. its no longer my daily driver its my weekend/auto x car. it dynoed 282hp at the wheels 284tq

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.