2005 WRX wagon with an 4AET 130k miles - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2005 WRX wagon with an 4AET 130k miles within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Dang an you get like 27mpg on the highway? Thats awesome! Ib be cool with 220whp haha. Didnt know the ...

Dang an you get like 27mpg on the highway? Thats awesome! Ib be cool with 220whp haha. Didnt know the autos couold handle the power. Do you regret getting auto instead of stick?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you have pictures of your wrx? Sounds like its nice.

[QUOTE=TRD_yota;2933782]Dang an you get like 27mpg on the highway? Thats awesome! Ib be cool with 220whp haha. Didnt know the autos couold handle the power. Do you regret getting auto instead of stick?[/QUOTE
    i am one of the very few people who actually was looking for an auto since i can't drive stick no regrets. the autos actually have a slightly stronger trans than the manuals and a better awd system from 02-05 anyway. i have tons of pics but always have problems posting them on here for some reason

Well hopefully its a good car and i can get a deal. If not no losing sleep for me.

as long as basic maintenance has been done and the car has not been modded you'll be fine

Re: 2005 WRX wagon with an 4AET 130k miles

as long as basic maintenance has been done and the car has not been modded you'll be fine
    Ditto.
    Oh wait, its an 05 you shouldn't need an AP. Our 2005s can use a cheap modified VagCom cable. Then use xpt stage tunes. Much cheaper solution. If you're in the area you can just borrow mine for the day.

Posted from a fone.

Its actually a 2004 the 2005 was a sedan and sold. Gunna go see it in a bit.

What does this cable do? Is it just a cheaper way to load maps then the AP? Is it less reliable then an AP?

Re: 2005 WRX wagon with an 4AET 130k miles

Well the AP is a self contained solution: load maps/datalogs.

A cable adds half an extra degree of difficulty since you'll need a laptop connected to the cable/car to load maps/datalog.
    Its really not as hard as NASIOC makes it seem. Its essentially a OpenSource Tactrix cable for cheap.

Then after flashing/dataloging the AP is a $500 paper weight. A VagCom cable is $15 bucks paper weight.

I believe 04/05 are the only years that allow this, take advantage man.

Posted from a fone.
    Last edited by UEDan; 09-08-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Great to know. Sadly for now my hunt continues. The wagon was cool a little more beat the expected but the lack of service history and the inability to tell me if the 105k had been done was a big deal breaker. Plus needing tires and some cosmetic repair. Plus they were not going to budge on the price. Not in excellent condition and definately not worth 7000 or even the 11000 they want. Is it un realistic to think i can get a decent blobeye for 12k or less?

I just changed my belt and water pump.. its a easy job if nothing goes wrong. But watch out the left exhaust gear is plastic. It shattered on me $117 for the gear. Had alot of problems like the fact the bolt took 7 hours to get off. A 2 foot breaker bar wouldn't budge it anyways just wanted to say it's a pain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12