Need your opinion on a "rebuilt" title 2009 Impreza Outback.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need your opinion on a "rebuilt" title 2009 Impreza Outback. within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Here is the posting I found on Craiglist: 2009 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport - Very Low Miles It's a 2009 ...

Need your opinion on a "rebuilt" title 2009 Impreza Outback.

Here is the posting I found on Craiglist: 2009 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport - Very Low Miles

It's a 2009 Impreza Outback with probably around 10,000 miles on it now.

From the pics it looks fine. Of course, I will get it inspected by a mechanic. IF the mechanic deems it OK, would it still be safe buying it? The owner will be giving me a CarFax soon, so I'll take a look at that as well. He said it hasn't been involved in any accidents since he has had it, from the rebuilt title.
    Production Assistant located at DRIVE, working on Fast Lane Daily on YouTube
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE
    www.YouTube.com/FastLaneDaily

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

With a rebuilt title, you really need to figure out why. I mean if it was a crash, you can drive the car and have it carefully examined to figure out what repairs were done and how well. Was the car flooded? That could easily mean problems with electrical and rust down the road. Perhaps stolen and the wheels and interior were stripped, which is a much easier repair. In any case you have to figure that the repair costs was at least $10,000 to the car was totalled, and then someone bought the damaged car and fixed it, possible for a lot less then a full on proper repair would have costs.
    Also consider that getting financed may be difficult. Many lenders won't touch a rebuilt car. But since you would expect to pay about $15k or more for a similar low milage car, $11-12K may make it worth while

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i personally would never buy a car w/ a rebuilt title. like mf645 said there are so many different reasons as to why it is rebuilt. you also have to consider resale value if you ever try to sell it down the line.

i just did a quick search and found a 2011 outback sport w/ 16k miles & a clean title for $3000 more than the one youre looking at.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.