Want to lease new WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Want to lease new WRX within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys, I'm new to these forums and the Subaru community in general. I have been dreaming about a Subaru ...

Want to lease new WRX

Hey guys, I'm new to these forums and the Subaru community in general. I have been dreaming about a Subaru for a while now.... I currently have a 2011 G37 coupe, really nice and comfortable car but doesn't suit me at the age of 19... I got an amazing deal on it so I can comfortably afford my current car. The lease is about to end and I'm thinking of getting a new Subaru. I have been researching this car for over a year and am aware of the awesome resale value these cars have so I thought about buying one, but since I'm just a college student I don't think that's such a great decision financially.

Now my question is do you think it's worth it to lease a new WRX? If I do decide to buy the car after my lease would I loose a good amount of money instead of out right buying it? If anyone has faced this dilemma please give me some insight. I do not want to buy an older WRX or STI just a heads up...

Thanks guys! I really look forward to joining the Subaru family one day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    IMO your going to love this car so why not try to buy it instead!!

Well I already literally have dreams about the car lol, haven't drove one yet but I know i'll fall in love. I just don't want to dish out a fat down payment and pay more than 400 a month =/ Oh btw looking to get a base model hatchback if that helps

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby_rex View Post
    Well I already literally have dreams about the car lol, haven't drove one yet but I know i'll fall in love. I just don't want to dish out a fat down payment and pay more than 400 a month =/ Oh btw looking to get a base model hatchback if that helps
    I put down 3000 and have a payment of 365for 5.5 years for a 2012 base sedan.

Wow that is not bad at all.... What was the final sale price of the car also at what APR? Is that 365 including tax?

A base car is going to cost you about $25,500, so just do the math as far as down payment, amount financed and how long the take a loan out for.

I leaded my 2012 WRZ base hatch, I paid $1700 at closing which included the first month payment and the car costs me $348 month for 36 months. Which is when the warranty ends as well. If I like the car I can buy it for $13,700 and keep it, or sell it likely for more then what the buy out is. Or just move on to something else

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    in 2006 when i got my car, going into it i knew i wanted to buy it but didnt want my monthly payments to be high. i put down $3000 and had a payment of $308/month but at the end of my lease, i had to dish out $12000 [cash] for the buyout. i regret doing this and wish i just bought it to begin with.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

kudos for doing research @ 19 years young. however, my only concern is that you haven't driven one (yet).

i love my WRX. i'm not sure how i'd feel about the regular impreza as my only car though. you also have to factor insurance, gas and maintenance.

i would really look at a used one if i were you. i dropped $4k as a down payment for my WRX Premium and my payments are a little over $460/mo after fees, taxes, incentives and trade-in.

i could have went with a Base WRX which cost almost $5k less than the premium. IIRC, the base WRX was $25k and the premium was $29k.

i really wanted the price of the base WRX with the features of the Premium... mainly the sunroof and tinted windows were the selling points. the fogs can easily be added to the subbies.

anyway, i did some real soul searching because i didn't want to have buyers remorse. i ended up getting the premium, which cost $600+ more per year via car payment. but i'm happy. -not that the base is a bad car, but i've grown accustomed to certain features... -sunroof, headed seats ect.

anyway, good luck. also, your title says WRX but you are shopping for a base model???? how is your credit? or do you have a co-signer?

How much would I really be loosing if I buyout the car at the end? The current offer is 1998 down (not including the other fees) and a payment of 299 + tax around 325 here in California. I just don't like how it's a 42 month lease.... So I'm assuming you got this deal?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXchet View Post
    kudos for doing research @ 19 years young. however, my only concern is that you haven't driven one (yet).

i love my WRX. i'm not sure how i'd feel about the regular impreza as my only car though. you also have to factor insurance, gas and maintenance.

i would really look at a used one if i were you. i dropped $4k as a down payment for my WRX Premium and my payments are a little over $460/mo after fees, taxes, incentives and trade-in.

i could have went with a Base WRX which cost almost $5k less than the premium. IIRC, the base WRX was $25k and the premium was $29k.

i really wanted the price of the base WRX with the features of the Premium... mainly the sunroof and tinted windows were the selling points. the fogs can easily be added to the subbies.

anyway, i did some real soul searching because i didn't want to have buyers remorse. i ended up getting the premium, which cost $600+ more per year via car payment. but i'm happy. -not that the base is a bad car, but i've grown accustomed to certain features... -sunroof, headed seats ect.

anyway, good luck. also, your title says WRX but you are shopping for a base model???? how is your credit? or do you have a co-signer?

The car would not be under my name , either my brothers name or my fathers name. Since I help out a ton at home and am the primary care taker of my disabled mother my dad said he'll help me out by paying for the insurance , Im sure our rate won't rise since the g37 coupe is on it I'm guessing a hatchback wrx will be cheaper.

I'm looking to get a base hatchback (might add the fog lights). Honestly I looked at used 2011's and they are only $1,000 cheaper with like 16-20k miles on them.... So I'd rather buy new. I definitely think I'll have to drive the car before deciding to lease it or buy it. My local dealer those have a couple WRX's in stock ready to be tested

I Support ClubWRX
    Just a tip for you guys considering leasing, the sedan is a better lease than the hatchback.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Just a tip for you guys considering leasing, the sedan is a better lease than the hatchback.
    Thanks for the reply. Since then I have changed my mind and actually do want the sedan over the hatchback , but aren't both cars priced the same why would the sedan be better?

I went to the dealer yesterday and they do not have a lease deal yet on the 2013 model.

Quote Originally Posted by IxWRXxI View Post
    I went to the dealer yesterday and they do not have a lease deal yet on the 2013 model.
    Well ill be getting the car sometime in winter so I'm sure they'll have a special by then. Thanks though!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby_rex View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Since then I have changed my mind and actually do want the sedan over the hatchback , but aren't both cars priced the same why would the sedan be better?
    just the way the program is, no good reason
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.