2013 WRX Pre-Order Price - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX Pre-Order Price within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Did most of you guys just buy the car and skip on all the finance office BS? I know I ...

Did most of you guys just buy the car and skip on all the finance office BS? I know I got ripped off on my car, my fault I was too excited, it was the exact car I would have ordered if I did. But had just hit the lot off the truck two hours before I stopped off at the dealer. I didn't want anyone touching or test driving this unmolested car so I just bought it on the spot.

I did almost get into a fist fight with the finance guy though. He kept trying to sell me all these extra warranties and maintenance services for $$$$$ extra and so on. I told him I only wanted gap as I was going to finance the car and he throws it on the deal for like $900 extra. I ended up getting gap for like $500 which is still way high.

Anyway I paid 27,500 for my '13 Base, with center armrest, and rear trunk tray. + CA tax.

Needless to say but I ripped off all of their stupid advertising off the car as soon as I got it home since they kindly ripped me off on this car. I also sent the dealer survey back in to Subaru with all unsatisfactory marks, seriously F**** 'Em. In the end I absolutely love the car, but if I even decide to trade up to the next WRX in three-four years I will be more tactical with my approach, patient and go back to the dealer I bought my Outback from originally the dealer I got my car from we're absolute shady, crooks.
    Last edited by Pool Runner; 11-20-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Runner View Post
    Did most of you guys just buy the car and skip on all the finance office BS? I know I got ripped off on my car, my fault I was too excited, it was the exact car I would have ordered if I did. But had just hit the lot off the truck two hours before I stopped off at the dealer. I didn't want anyone touching or test driving this unmolested car so I just bought it on the spot.

I did almost get into a fist fight with the finance guy though. He kept trying to sell me all these extra warranties and maintenance services for $$$$$ extra and so on. I told him I only wanted gap as I was going to finance the car and he throws it on the deal for like $900 extra. I ended up getting gap for like $500 which is still way high.

Anyway I paid 27,500 for my '13 Base, with center armrest, and rear trunk tray. + CA tax.

Needless to say but I ripped off all of their stupid advertising off the car as soon as I got it home since they kindly ripped me off on this car. I also sent the dealer survey back in to Subaru with all unsatisfactory marks, seriously F**** 'Em. In the end I absolutely love the car, but if I even decide to trade up to the next WRX in three-four years I will be more tactical with my approach, patient and go back to the dealer I bought my Outback from originally the dealer I got my car from we're absolute shady, crooks.
    I am not sure you actually got ripped off, but anyway this is what I did....
    After posting my frustration over lack of inventory at 4 of the 6 Dealerships in my area, and the the 5th being the dealership with the $3K-$5K mark up, a forum member gave me a link to the largest Subaru Dealer in the US and the World here in the USA.
    I then picked the car out of their online inventory and made an offer via there online feature. The salesperson called me back, there was no haggling as they already discount ALL there cars including WRX and STI, but I did demand that they lower the price of the car by their dang Dealer Handling Fee, which they ALWAYS do. Remember, they will charge it and might even have to...but if you tell them to just lower it by that amount they will even though they are still charging it.

While waiting for the email with the docs applied at both my credit unions online and was approved online within 10 minutes and had 1 of the 2 checks within a day or two.
    They emailed me some docs, I printed them and scanned them and emailed them back, put down a deposit over the phone, and finance called me a few days later, and will be faxing the docs for me to bring to my bank. Then i will fax it back andf they ship the car to me.

I do not stand for any BS...I didnt buy anything else because there wasnt anything I wanted, i.e. tint, options, GAP, warranty.

BTW, GAP is only for when you are upside down from an upside down trade, meaning your car is worth far less than what u paid for it and thus, need to make up the GAP amount for insurance payouts.
    Up the Irons!

Yeah I didnt know that about the gap? I'm still glad I got it though, if this car gets written off for any reason, I know I wouldn't get anywhere close to the outstanding loan amount, and I didn't trade anything in for it either. I've also only had the car for a month so I've barely paid anything on it yet, plus because of outstanding credit I didn't put a dime down on it (I know, I know) I should have, but I never like to tie up a huge chunk of cash on a car when it could be better served for an emergency.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Runner View Post
    Yeah I didnt know that about the gap? I'm still glad I got it though, if this car gets written off for any reason, I know I wouldn't get anywhere close to the outstanding loan amount, and I didn't trade anything in for it either. I've also only had the car for a month so I've barely paid anything on it yet, plus because of outstanding credit I didn't put a dime down on it (I know, I know) I should have, but I never like to tie up a huge chunk of cash on a car when it could be better served for an emergency.
    You are a 100% correct!
    If you got the GAP insurance, then its good you didn't put any money down.
    I never ever put money down on car purchases because its a LOSING investment.
    As soon as you drive off the lot they lose value...so why blow money on a down payment, when you can do like you said keep the money for an emergency.
    You can also invest the money in an ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) on Scottrade or just put it in a savings account as you said.

When the finance guy called me, he was going to put my deposit towards the loan, I told him no way.....I made him use the deposit to pay for the shipping to my home.
    I was not about to finance a $850 shipping cost from the Mountain Time Zone to the East Coast!
    Up the Irons!

Quote Originally Posted by chipset35 View Post
    I would not say you got ripped off...was that your price out the door?
    If you ever want two cool sites for pricing, go to truecar.com and/or edmunds.
    After taxes and warranty out the door about 31k :/ I put 8 down still paying 450 a month for many many months lol

For those who recently ordered a 2013 wrx, are you still able to get it under invoice price? i am getting ready to place a order in the next couple of weeks, and I am shopping around for quotes for a base wrx hatchback, i got two dealers came back and tell me they can no longer place an order for below invoice price due to the supply and demand and the factory is limiting the dealers how many they can order. The best they can do is couple hundred dollars on top of dealer invoice. Is this true, or are they bs-ing?

I couldn't find one for under msrp, and I payed well over just to get one. They told me they get them in and sell them right away since its so hard to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar4l View Post
    I couldn't find one for under msrp, and I payed well over just to get one. They told me they get them in and sell them right away since its so hard to get them.
    I can understand for ones that are in stock. Of course will need to pay a higher price for those. But i am talking about preorder ones that take 2-3months.

2-3 months? You are lucky, my quote on a wait was 10 months if I wanted to order

Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    I can understand for ones that are in stock. Of course will need to pay a higher price for those. But i am talking about preorder ones that take 2-3months.
    Factory orders now take 4-5 months from what my dealer tells me and they are #1 volume dealer in the Midwest...
    To answer your original question - yes, you can still get a WRX under invoice... As a matter effect I can still get the same price I got mine for, which is $23,795! However you can only get such great deal in Chicagoland area....
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

25400 + TTL for a base HB with short shift, not bad right?

Re: 2013 WRX Pre-Order Price

Nope that's about what o paid for mine with fog lights

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by skidgel View Post
    Nope that's about what o paid for mine with fog lights

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    That's already the invoice price. No one is willing to go below invoice price right now.

Quote Originally Posted by chipset35 View Post
    You are a 100% correct!
    If you got the GAP insurance, then its good you didn't put any money down.
    I never ever put money down on car purchases because its a LOSING investment.
    As soon as you drive off the lot they lose value...so why blow money on a down payment, when you can do like you said keep the money for an emergency.
    You can also invest the money in an ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) on Scottrade or just put it in a savings account as you said.

When the finance guy called me, he was going to put my deposit towards the loan, I told him no way.....I made him use the deposit to pay for the shipping to my home.
    I was not about to finance a $850 shipping cost from the Mountain Time Zone to the East Coast!
    except these cars don't lose their value as soon as you drive it off the lot lol. They actually increase in value.

$25,700 + TT&L for a base sedan with a spoiler. Looks like I should've gotten a STS thrown in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.