Need advice on buying a 2010 WRX.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Need advice on buying a 2010 WRX. within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey all, looking to buy a used 2010 WRX from my local Subaru dealer. Here are the specs: 2010 WRX ...

Need advice on buying a 2010 WRX.

Hey all, looking to buy a used 2010 WRX from my local Subaru dealer. Here are the specs:

2010 WRX hatch
    26176 miles
    CarFax reports no damage with 2 owners

Listed for $24,950

So, when I go to test drive the car, what things should I look for? I really only have around $20,000 to spend right now, that is including the loan. Do you think I could get the price down to there? The max I can do is $22,000 if I wait until around Thanksgiving.

Here is the car listing: http://www.competitionsubaru.com/use...42a86a278c.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I paid that for my brand new 2012 WRX. Would not pay what they are asking for.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Yeah I thought so. How does my price of $20,000 sound? How much do you think it would cost for a total inspection?

Also, can you get a remote start installed on a manual? I wouldn't think so because the clutch isn't depressed when you try to remote start it right?

Also, if anything is wrong with the car, and I got the dealership to fix it, do you think I could have them write something up with their own warranty on their repairs?

Banned
    I don't know about that one. To be honest I'd be hesitant to buy a performance car that has had 2 different owners in its first 2 years. If you don't mind being the "Third Man" ( great movie by the way) I wouldn't go $2 above $20k

Don't go in there bright eyed and bushy tailed, drooling at the thought of driving home in that WRX either. Say I'm interested in that WRX but it's about $5k too much and 1 owner too many. Talk about how the wide body on the new Rex's is a lot better. Tell them you know people that have bought brand new WRX's for $24k. Tell them you're interested at 19k.

Do you have 20k cash? If so I'd tell them I'll give you 19k cash money right now or I'm walking.

I Support ClubWRX
    I paid 22500 for my premium 09 with 8500 miles on it. That price definitely sounds high.

Yeah there is another WRX there with 1 owner but like 45,000 miles for $25,000. I'll bet I can get that to $20,000 as well.
    Production Assistant located at DRIVE, working on Fast Lane Daily on YouTube
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE
    www.YouTube.com/FastLaneDaily

Try to get it down, that's way too much.

I got my 2010 Wrx Sedan Premium last month for $24,250.

Had 15,000 miles. Aftermarket kenwood radio, kenwood power amp, polk audio subwoofer, and a viper security system. Also had all windows professionally tinted. All that alone saved me a good chunk of money.

I think I got a great deal, and you should definitely get the price down unless is has enuff money into it to justify the price.

I agree with all of the above. That's a lot for what is going to be a 3 year old car very soon. The price is probably a bit high because of the general drought of these cars right now. I wonder if you wait until the 2013s start arriving, the used prices will look a little more reasonable. Now, you didn't mention if it is a Limited or Premium, but food for thought: I paid $400 less than that for my brand new 2012 base.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

It is the Limited. But how is it different from the Premium? Inside, it seems pretty basic. It seems like I'm basically paying the large amount of money for the mechanicals and not the accessories.

When I do go to the dealer, I plan on memorizing the CarFax, so I can spit back dates of when the car was owned here.....there....serviced... and so on so it seems like I really know the car. That might throw them off.
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE

Oh I didn't realize it was from a dealer. I could understand the price being higher, I bought mine private party.

BTW, being the 3rd owner isnt a bad thing. I'm the third owner of mine. First owner was a general who bought it and got deployed, so it sat in his garage for a year. Then second owner got it for his wife to drive, but she could never get used to a manual, and didnt want to either.

So I got lucky with people who took care of it and had good reasons for passing it along to me

How did you know the first owner's story? Did the second owner tell you?

And from a dealer, I'm not sure if they will know the story of the owners. And CarFax shows no real major repairs nor damage done. One guy had it for 6 months, the 2nd guy had it for a year and a half.
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE

yea second owner told me. He seemed very reliable. I went you pick it up and saw his home and needless to say, him and his family were "well" off. He could have easily paid the car off. But he drove for a big company so he drove a truck and again his wife hated driving a manual. Didnt hurt my feelings one bit lol.

But you might be able to get the names of the other owners and contact them? I considered that when looking at an older wrx before I found mine on auto trader.

Also, is there any way to tell if the car has been modded? I assume a dealer wouldn't sell a modded car.
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Saltine713 View Post
    Also, is there any way to tell if the car has been modded? I assume a dealer wouldn't sell a modded car.
    I wouldn't make that assumption if I were you.

Heck, I think there's another current thread floating around about someone who's having issues with a modded car they just got from a dealership.

I know when I first started looking I looked at used, and if I didn't know what I was doing the one dealership I went to would have let me walk out with a total mess of a car that had no catalytic converters.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.