Need advice on buying a 2010 WRX. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Need advice on buying a 2010 WRX. within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Well I would also be getting an independent inspection, as well as bringing my uncle who worked on Mustangs and ...

Well I would also be getting an independent inspection, as well as bringing my uncle who worked on Mustangs and built his own RX-8.

Thanks to those WRX buying checklists on this forum, hopefully that will help me. But I made sure to email the dealership and ask about mods first.
    Production Assistant located at DRIVE, working on Fast Lane Daily on YouTube
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE
    www.YouTube.com/FastLaneDaily

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Response from the dealer about inspections and modded cars:

All of our cars have to pass state inspection, if you want your mechanic to look it over, not a problem. We don't buy cars that have been modified and our vehicles carry the remainder of the manufacturers warranty. We have carfax reports on all of our cars and you can purchase extended warranty or certification. The first step is to look them over and drive to see how nicely maintened and well cared for our WRX's are. Would you like to set that up?
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE

haha.. love the bit where they add that you can purchase (at profit to them) a extended warranty or cert... "first step is to come in and put yer butt in one" pssh.. dealers...

Is this a subaru dealer or just any old car dealer? Check all the kbb pricing and whatnot, see where cars in that mileage and age fall. That many owners in that short a time is also a bit odd. I'd def question this one and examine closely if you're serious. As mentioned above, cash talks too. If you have it in hand and make an offer its really hard for a dealer to pass up immediate sale.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I was told don't buy the same day you visit the car for the first time, as that way, you can get more money off.

There is another WRX with 1 owner, but has 40,000-something miles on it. That's double for this one. But only $1,000 more.

And yeah, I don't bother with their crap. If I can get the price down to what I want, maybe I'll get the guarantee, but definitely not this price.

It is a Subaru-only dealer. KBB says that the price for the car should be $28,000!!! Not sure how that is possible considering a new one is less than a used one. I'm going to try to get one 1 their 3 WRX's to $20,000.
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE

Banned
    If I was you I would get a new one. If you can get the .9% financing they offered me, then put around 10k down, your payments would be around 275 a month.

I'm just saying this because there is not much of a price difference between new and used. You never have to worry if the car was abused by previous owners.

If this isn't possible for you then stick to your 20k budget and don't budge. Try and communicate via email with a salesperson, I've done this before and was able to talk them down over the course of 3days without having to go back and forth to the dealer. This way your putting the pressure on them to get you back in there.

Yeah the emailing I have been doing. I'm waiting on a price change from the $25,000.

I'm trying to spend at least as possible, so if I can get the used price down a good deal, that would help. Plus a new car would be more insurance for me, since I'm 18.
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE

So, I asked the internet sales person about the price and they said their manager said the price would not budge.

"I answered that earlier, spoke to my manager and the price stays at $24,950"

So I said: "How would the price stay the same? That is the same price for a brand new WRX! I'd like to have the email or phone number of your manager to discuss the price. Otherwise I'd have to take my service to another Subaru dealership in the area that was more competitive with pricing. That simply won't cut it, hasn't your manager ever heard of depreciation?

26,176 miles with 2 owners on a 3 year old car, yet still the same price as a brand new car? Seems quite odd to me! "
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE

So, here is her reply:

"The base model 5 door starts at $25,595 plus $795 destination, the LTD $29,095 plus $795 destination, brand new from Subaru 2012. https://www.subaru.com/build-your-ow...s_kpi=trim_nav
    Ours is a LIMITED not a base model. Come in make an offer, he might reduce by $100 if you are in the store.
    "

This seems ridiculous!
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltine713 View Post
    So, here is her reply:

"The base model 5 door starts at $25,595 plus $795 destination, the LTD $29,095 plus $795 destination, brand new from Subaru 2012. https://www.subaru.com/build-your-ow...s_kpi=trim_nav
    Ours is a LIMITED not a base model. Come in make an offer, he might reduce by $100 if you are in the store.
    "

This seems ridiculous!
    That is ridiculous. No dealer worth a damn charges the make believe destination charge. Don't fall for their BS. I would look elsewhere at this point and maybe check back every couple weeks to see if they'll budge.

Banned
    Invoice for a 2013 5door WRX Limited is 27,400 and like I said nobody pays the destination fee. My local dealer was doing $500 below invoice on orders last year.

They are full of S..... !

Yeah I know. But I tried negotiating, and they don't seem to budge. You think I have to do that in person now, since emailing won't work?

Where do you find the invoice?
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE

My email back to her:

"Well I believe your pricing is wrong. First, the LTD you mentioned is a $27,500 invoice. Second, no one pays the destination fee. Your 2013 models should be coming in soon as it lists them on transit on your website. This will depreciate the 2010 model. Tell your manager that with 26,176 miles, 2 owners, and a 3 year old car, charging the base price for a brand new car won't go.

So, either I will go to Grand Prix Subaru with my money, or you and your manager will have to make a better offer than that. I write about cars for a living, so I know all of the ins-and-outs of pricing and such. I'd love to do business with you, since you do have a very nice selection and reputation, but I feel that the pricing should have a leeway. Grand Prix Subaru already offered me $1,000 off their WRX if I pay cash.
    "
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE

I Support ClubWRX
    A destination fee of $795 is charged by every Subaru dealer in the country,but for a new car. I paid $24995 including destination fee for my 2011.

Which dealer did you talk to? If you aren't too far,you could try & go take a look at the car. They may lower the price if you go in person.

Also check out http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ubwrx-net.html
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltine713 View Post
    Yeah I know. But I tried negotiating, and they don't seem to budge. You think I have to do that in person now, since emailing won't work?

Where do you find the invoice?
    Google it , look for reputable sites like Nada, truecar, etc.

You can try going in but it sounds like that dealership is run by morons. Don't let em take advantage of you. They see an 18yo kid with money to burn and start licking their chops.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    A destination fee of $795 is charged by every Subaru dealer in the country,but for a new car. I paid $24995 including destination fee for my 2011.

Which dealer did you talk to? If you aren't too far,you could try & go take a look at the car. They may lower the price if you go in person.

Also check out http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ubwrx-net.html
    I talked to Competition. The woman's name is Carol. I also talked to Grand Prix as well.
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.