Subaru WRX Forum banner

2013 WRX / STI Orders

95K views 721 replies 130 participants last post by  ShiftingLanes 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone! Just placed an order for a 2013 WRX 4 Door Base DGM! Cant wait to get it! :D Figured I'd start a thread for the 2013's.

Ordered - 8/6
VON -
VIN - 9/8

Picked Up - 9/13 :woocow:

#348 ·
I live in the DFW area and sent out quote requests from Subaru's web site to 5 dealers wanting a price for a WRX Limited. Found a few but Subaru of Plano had one just came in that morning. Came with Short Shifter, Carbon Fiber Trunk Trim, Auto Dimming w Home Link, cargo tray, and subwoofer/amplifier and got it for $27,900 + tax. Love this car!

#349 ·
You SoCal guys (and gals)... Check out Pacific Subaru... I have mine ordered there for what would pass as 'cheap' for California... (below MSRP, no mark-up)....

If you really want a car asap, I hear Irvine Subaru has 10+ WRX's coming in in about 2 weeks- not a fan of this dealer...

#352 ·
Just a quick update since I have not been on the forums in about a week since I have been so pissed off.. I ordered my car 8/11 and was told it was in the Oct allocation. I heard mid last week that it won't be in until December. So after flipping out and giving the dealership and Subaru hell and coming super close to pulling my order and settling for a WRX on the lot which also was a limited but a diff color and no accessories or nav I calmed down and decided to wait it out.

I have heard most orders (mainly on Prem and Limited WRX versions) ordered between Aug-Nov are going to take at least 4 month for delivery because the factory is backed up from 2012 orders being converted into 2013 orders. So don't take anything you hear about when you car will be in as fact unless you know your car is sitting in port in the USA somewhere

#353 ·
I think my car arrived today - ordered it on 9/10. But of course the storm knocked a tree down across the street and the only way in to my house (I live on a dead end)... they don't think it will be removed for another week still. I wait this long, its finally here, annnnnnd I can't pick it up now. SMH

#354 ·
How do you know your car arrived? I am pretty sure the next Subaru ship going into port in RI/Boston is just passing thru the panama canal as I type this

#357 ·
Yea, they contacted me last Monday - so that makes sense. Good to hear I get the full tank haha. I'm debating buying a chainsaw right now so that i can hack that tree laying across my road to pieces. I just wanna get my REX in to the garage.

#359 ·
I am scheduled to pick up my 4 door base WRX today. Options include: STI 5mt shifter knob, red illumination kit, all weather mats, side moldings, fog lights, armrest extension, and lip spoiler.

Does anyone have any tips for me when I pick it up today. Obviously I'll be looking the car over religiously for dents, etc. I have also asked them for a carfax report - since I have heard horror stories in the past. The dealer is also trying to push some protective paint coat on me - $700!!?? I'm gonna pass on that, unless anyone on here recommends it?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

#360 ·
Congrats on the new car!

As far as the paint protection, if they're talking about a clear bra such as the 3M or XPEL stuff then that is definitely worth it. Otherwise the front end of the car will get chipped up pretty badly. I have the 3M version on my current car and it is definitely worth it. I went with someone local not through the dealer and it only cost me around $550 with tax and installation.

#361 ·
Nah, they're not talking about clear bra. They're talking about some kind of topical spray or something... I think I have heard that the stuff sucks.

By the way - can you see the edge of the clear bra? I have heard great things about that stuff.

#363 ·
I'm getting my 3M clear bra installed tomorrow and I'm doing the hood, bumper, fenders, mirrors, door handles and the cab top. A friend is hooking it up!

#365 ·
I have a clear bra and TST paint protection on my '12 WRX. They are both hella expensive if you pay retail, but work pretty well. I had the TST done by a friend for cheap (inside and outside) and it's really nice if you don't like to wax your car.

The clear bra has given me mixed feelings. I do believe it serves its purpose, but I have noticed some slight peeling around the edges. Mostly around my driver side fog light. Dirt snuck in behind and looks like ass, but a small detail brush (looks like a wooden tooth brush) does a good job at getting it out. My car is in desperate need of a cleanup right now after sitting outside thru Hurricane Sandy, but I will try to get it cleaned up soon and snap some photos. When it's clean, you almost have to know the bra is there to actually see it on the car.

Be aware that I did not have TST on the car and only a small coat of wax when the bra was put on. That is most likely a cause of my dirt issue. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

#367 ·
Placed my order Thursday for a SWP Base WRX Hatch - only added fog lights and all weather mats. Estimated March/April. Owned 2 Outbacks and almost wimped out and got the Impreza for practicality. Really excited and a little anxious. I felt high after leaving there. Proud to be part of this community!

#375 ·
At least you got a car coming so it's just matter of a few weeks for it to be shipped. I was informed there's a big shipment leaving japan sometime this month so you'll have your car before the year end. With the current supply I'll be happy to have my car by January but the sooner it comes the better.

#373 ·
About 3 weeks ago I ordered a White Satin Pearl Sedan, base model with a spoiler, and I'm excited to join the family. All of the in-stock WRXs in the region have about 1200-1500 in options like auto-dim mirror, under seat subwoofer, carbon trunk accent, etc. Has everyone else experienced this as well? I'm not really very fond of financing options I don't want.

Coming from an 03 Toyota Matrix XRS and it's going to be weird losing 6th gear and the hatch, but performance wise its a pretty huge jump. Ex-car guy... Or maybe a recovering one... Used to Autocross and drag race in my earlier days. :)

#376 ·
Well I finally got some encouraging news (Ordered 8/11 and was recently told expect car in December). My dealership's website shows my car is "IN TRANSIT" and I know the name of the ship my car's on and it's heading toward San Juan Porto Rico for a delivery tomorrow morning (11/5) - So it should be in port in RI in 2 weeks or so and I should have my car within 1-2 weeks of then

Car Vehicle Subaru Automotive exterior Website

#380 ·
I don't think I posted here, but mine came in on 10/25, picked it up the next day. Yeah Jrod, I get that big dumb grin on my face every time I see her.

Picking her up.

In the driveway, finally.

Whoa, I need to edge the driveway.

#383 ·
did not order any just went to chek my 2007 dodge trade in for wrx in few dealers in miami. was quoted 3600 then 4500 for dodge caliber 2007 82147 miles and then worst 27500 wrx base with popular pack + short shifter
sales rep said take it or leave ( i felt like what !! and then ok thanx for nothing )
then i went to other dealer in miami who gave me 26462.00 (fog lights {pre installed} popular pack) short shifter. his inv 26062.00 i paid 26462.00 but he gave me 5500 for my trade
silver wrx hatch looks like just married to me.
never bought brand new car before but had 1997 3000gt vr4 sold in 2001 cause of high insurence after 2 years
drove like 35 miles and shows 25.7 mpg
i will go for stage 1 and then stage 2 (if does not hurt mpg)
thnx every one i do learn a lot from this forum

#387 ·
Ordered 10/3
VON 10/5
Received ETA of "Month Of December" 11/9

Dealer just called, got an update in subarunet for my order, now sais ETA Month of december!
Effin pumped. Probably already on a ship then. Back to ship tracking me goes.

BostonWRX22 we are probably on the same ship, or i'm one behind you. My port will be baltimore since i'm in Atlanta

#388 ·
Ordered 10/3
VON 10/5
Received ETA of "Month Of December" 11/9

Dealer just called, got an update in subarunet for my order, now sais ETA Month of december!
Effin pumped. Probably already on a ship then. Back to ship tracking me goes.

BostonWRX22 we are probably on the same ship, or i'm one behind you. My port will be Baltimore since i'm in Atlanta
My car is on a ship called the Leo Leader which will be in port of Baltimore this coming Monday and in RI (my port) Weds. I should have my car by the weekend after thanksgiven or early the following week. So I would think you will be on the next boat since the boat mine is on left Japan on October 5th and you just had placed your order a few days earlier.

I have my VIN number and my dealer said it's in transit. So if for some reason it is NOT in next week's delivery it will get really ugly :mad: I need to put my Corvette away for the winter ASAP but I am using it as a backup car for now since I just returned my leased car last week which was my daily driver thinking I would of already had the WRX by now. It's looking like about a 16 week wait for me in total if I get it on this ship

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.