2013 WRX / STI Orders - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX / STI Orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by Calvinball Well, again, to each their own. In my experience most people I've talked to feel that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Well, again, to each their own. In my experience most people I've talked to feel that darker colors hide lines more, as do I. So my perception is that is "for sure" what the majority of people think. I really like the wrx in white, but made that one concession to my fiancee, as it was her only stipulation. "Just don't get white." She clearly felt more strongly about it than I did haha.
    Well obviously your fiancee knows her colors as she reflects how most people I know feel lol...

But either way, whether you think dark colors like black hide the lines, or as I feel white washes out the body lines and looks econobox/bland it doesn't really matter. I ordered WRB, which IMO along with Plasma blue shows off the car the best and brings out it's sporty flavor (Red and Black are nice too). If everybody felt the same way, Subaru and other car companies would only make 1 color
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings
    Currently own 2008 Z51 Corvette/2012 Mazda 3 Sport hatch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonWRX22 View Post
    Hmm, I guess I'm the only one without the secret decoder pen If I had one maybe I could of sense of this line and and figured out how this line tied into the pic
    LOL...I'll try to help out. Porsche makes a nice 2-seater called the Cayman, of which I'm a fan. It was available in a sharp color white that appeals to me. (it's teh secks is forum-speak for "it's sexy") I showed a pic of a Cayman.

Does that help? People on forums that are otherwise articulate (or at least try to be ) will drop into goofy forum-speak here and there, just for funsies.
    Anyway, as I said before, there is nothing wrong with liking white, and I guess there is also nothing wrong with liking white so much that you think that dark colors hide the lines of the car and light colors don't, having those opinions are for sure the opposite of what the majority thinks but that's not a crime, heck some people even think there is a magical guy in the sky looking down upon everybody and judging them too!
    You're getting close to the line with one of our forum rules with this one. Please take a moment to review our FAQ link at the top of the page; you'll find that religion and politics aren't territory that you want to get into.

Beyond that, get used to people on here not agreeing with you or "the majority". "The majority" of people actually know very little about enthusiast cars, and buy them for things like their color, branding, mpgs, etc.

Welcome to ClubWRX!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Banned
    Lines are more visible on a light car because you can easily see the contrast between light and shadow. If the light source is hitting the top of a line then right below the line will be a shadowed area.

I still think black is one of the sexiest colors on a car when it's clear, but that's the hard part, keeping it clean. Black cars look nasty 2 days after you wash em.

White is the sexiest and easiest to keep looking clean.

I ordered my WRB WRX hatchback today. Base model with STS. I've wanted one for so long, I still can't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    Is the black you ordered Obsidian Black Pearl or Crystal Black Silica? I think they changed the black to Crystal Black Silica (If you've seen it on the BRZ it looks nicer IMO).
    The "Build Your Own" feature on subaru.com still says obsidian black pearl for the color option.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    LOL...I'll try to help out. Porsche makes a nice 2-seater called the Cayman, of which I'm a fan.
    I am well aware of what a Porsche Cayman is, I was part of the focus group for it way back before anybody knew they existed. Also thanks for the past couple of posts which were dripping with sarcasm, makes a great impression of how the admins act on this site.

So to change the subject back onto something less hostile. How long do you think the typical wait time is for the car to be made and delivered? I live in the Boston area and the Subaru's port 3 mins from my house and the dealership is about 20 mins away from that point so that part is not a factor. My friend ordered a loaded Sti earlier this year and got it in exactly 2 1/2 months. But since mine was ordered on 8/11 I would think there might be a delay since its a new model year and I heard it takes longer when you order after market accessories like the Nav, short throw and rear dimming mirror as I did

PS. Congrats on the nearly 45000 posts. That has to take some serious dedication
    Last edited by BostonWRX22; 08-25-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings
    Currently own 2008 Z51 Corvette/2012 Mazda 3 Sport hatch

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow...clearly I offended you, somewhere. No sarcasm was intended; I wasn't sure what part of my post was unclear to you, and tried to make it better. I actually thought that I was being friendly. C'est la vie, I suppose.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Sorry to change to topic. I stopped into my local subaru dealer today to inquire about a fair amount of questions regarding "minor mods", but at the same time avoiding the term "mod" and putting it a little more eloquently. Down to the point, I explained to them some ideas most WRX/STI drivers have in regards to making some minor changes (COBB AP...especially with that annoying 'glitch' in the power band around 3500 rpm, intake, sway bars, etc). Like I said minor things that can be put on/removed in a few hours time max with simple tools. My question to the representative was in regards to how certain items (i.e. COBB AP) make the power band more linear, engine runs more efficiently w/o the hiccup...just gave him overall/vague info just to see what he says or what he can find out in regards to reducing or voiding warranty coverage. I'm mostly looking for an official word (from this dealer at least) in regards to these types of things. I know there are tons of threads on this already but I ordered a 2013 STI (if anything, only wanting to do the COBB intake and AP), but checking things out overall to get a general sense on things. Will post with a follow up to see what he says. Up front he did NOT say anything about them voiding/reducing warranty coverage but he also didn't outright say it would be okay. In light of this I wanted to share my experiences on the matter with a follow up of this post hopefully to come soon (i.e. with in a week). Although as mentioned elsewhere...this all may be "dealer specific". Haven't been a member long here, but have browsed the forums for a long while now.

Good day every one.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ptak View Post
    Sorry to change to topic. I stopped into my local subaru dealer today to inquire about a fair amount of questions regarding "minor mods", but at the same time avoiding the term "mod" and putting it a little more eloquently. Down to the point, I explained to them some ideas most WRX/STI drivers have in regards to making some minor changes (COBB AP...especially with that annoying 'glitch' in the power band around 3500 rpm, intake, sway bars, etc). Like I said minor things that can be put on/removed in a few hours time max with simple tools. My question to the representative was in regards to how certain items (i.e. COBB AP) make the power band more linear, engine runs more efficiently w/o the hiccup...just gave him overall/vague info just to see what he says or what he can find out in regards to reducing or voiding warranty coverage. I'm mostly looking for an official word (from this dealer at least) in regards to these types of things. I know there are tons of threads on this already but I ordered a 2013 STI (if anything, only wanting to do the COBB intake and AP), but checking things out overall to get a general sense on things. Will post with a follow up to see what he says. Up front he did NOT say anything about them voiding/reducing warranty coverage but he also didn't outright say it would be okay. In light of this I wanted to share my experiences on the matter with a follow up of this post hopefully to come soon (i.e. with in a week). Although as mentioned elsewhere...this all may be "dealer specific". Haven't been a member long here, but have browsed the forums for a long while now.

Good day every one.
    Asking a dealer rep about mods is like asking your great grandma about
    Jail-breaking an iPhone. She's going to look interested and give vague answers but it's not going to get you anywhere.

A dealer is never going to tell you, " we'll still honor your warranty if you make mods to the engine ".
    They take everything on a case by case basis.

Very true...I knew this going in, so I am not going to disagree with you at all (as of which would be completely asinine). Much like I tell my patients everyday..."never hurts to ask questions."

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    The "Build Your Own" feature on subaru.com still says obsidian black pearl for the color option.
    When I ordered from the dealer it was crystal black silica. I haven't looked at the subi website in the past few days but they only had the option to build 2012's. I don't think it has been updated yet but the Canada subi site has 2013's and they have crystal black silica.
    Last edited by 2013STI; 08-25-2012 at 08:02 PM.
    2013 STI Limited: on order as of 08/18/2012
    2005 F250: Lifted sitting on 38's. Current daily driver.
    2004 MACH 1: Fast, Loud, Sold
    1992 Bronco: Sold
    2002 Civic SI: SLOWMO

ordered mine on 8-23-12. 2013 wrx limited ISM. my dealer said 8 weeks. but they'll keep me posted on it's status. I have been debating on wrx or sti but decided on wrx. i dont race or anything like that. its been the car of my dreams for almost 10 years. Cant wait for it.

[QUOTE=jsantos1082;2928958] its been the car of my dreams for almost 10 years.[QUOTE]

Me too.

Whats up 2013 WRX Inbound

Whats up everyone. I'm new to the site and like a lot of other posts I've seen I am also waiting for my car to arrive. It's a 2013 WRX Limited Hatchback in Crystal Black Silica. I did order it as Obsidian Black Pearl but was told that they changed the name for 2013. Its shipped but due date is 9/7 but will not get to the dealer until 9/20. CANNOT WAIT!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum. So they changed the black to Crystal Silica? There was talk of that on the forum,but apparently the Subaru website still says OBP.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.