Subaru WRX Forum banner

2013 WRX / STI Orders

95K views 721 replies 130 participants last post by  ShiftingLanes 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone! Just placed an order for a 2013 WRX 4 Door Base DGM! Cant wait to get it! :D Figured I'd start a thread for the 2013's.

Ordered - 8/6
VON -
VIN - 9/8

Picked Up - 9/13 :woocow:

#253 ·
I ordered mine on 9/10 and am at the 5 week point. Is it normal to not have heard a single word?? I would have thought that a VIN or something would have been supplied to me. Is there any reason a dealer would ever want to delay or take longer with an order?

First post on the forums btw, and future first time REX owner. Um. Psyched.

#258 ·
JRod,

First thing, call your Subaru dealer and get your VON (Not your VIN). If they ordered your car, this would be available probably 1 week after your purchase. With this number, call Subaru customer service department, you can find it on the website (Its in NJ). With that number, call up and ask for a status update. They have "traveler" codes which are then used to determine the local. It takes a few calls to get someone with some information at NJ, but if you get lucky, they can look right then and there to find out where it is, and if it has an ETA yet.

#260 ·
My $.02: Ordered a 2013 WRX wagon (silver, wife already has grey) on 10-11-12, told "6 to 8 weeks" by my local dealer. We purchased a 2010 WRX DGM wagon from the same dealer and were told the same thing, it arrived 4 weeks later. Agree with earlier posts regarding obtaining VON (which my delaer doesn't have yet) and following up with Subaru national re: ETA about 3 weeks after ordering. Worth the wait, and gives me time to mull over and research performance objectives with my tuner and slowly part with my beloved 2004 WRX wagon before trading it in. My inner child doesn't accept any of this and wants his new toy now ;-)

#261 ·
If your dealer does not have a VON, it means they did not put in your order yet. Once your order is fully placed with Subaru, then the VON becomes accessible. If its not available it means they did not order it yet with Subaru and are waiting.

#264 ·
I called the dealer I bought the car from and he had never even heard of a "VON". He said he'd look into it... This makes me nervous
I placed my order on 10/2 and have been reading every forum I can since then. From what I can tell different "regions" do things differently. Some regions do not have VONs and others get VONs and then a VIN when the car is complete. Others get nothing at all until the truck is on it's way to the dealership.

I ordered from Clayton at Ramsey Subaru in NJ I haven't asked him for a VON yet but I pretty sure the NJ region does not get VONs when you order either.

Keep in mind the salesmen wants the sale too, so they are not purposely going to screw up your order.

#265 ·
Looking to get a 2013 hatch-premium. I was offered $27,500 by a dealer for one with short throw, auto-dim mirror, and bumper cover. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on this. From what I have read this is pretty good. Not sure if this is the right thread to mention this on, but wanted to get some other buyers inputs.Thanks!

#270 ·
Just heard back from the sales guy today, and he provided me with a VIN! He said the car has already been built and will come in to the lot in next months allocation. Hopefully this means sooner rather than later in the month of November. Psyched is an understatement.

#279 ·
Just remember that the exhaust has to be added at the time of ordering to be included in the warranty. If the exhaust is added after you take delivery, it is considered as an aftermarket part even if it is the SPT.

#283 · (Edited)
I think this may be up to the dealer because we honor all SPT parts under warranty even if you added it after the fact. I have a question for you guys, if its been less than 6-8 weeks why are you trying to track your car? Its not late yet, and you're really just wasting your time as you can see from experiences in this thread, the info given most of the time is incorrect anyway and almost everyone's car shows up in 8 weeks. Not bashing you guys, Guys like Jsantos have a legit concern. I'm just trying to understand what everyone who just ordered is so worried about?

#281 ·
I ordered mine 8/23 and today was 8 weeks so i emailed my dealer asking if there was any news about my car and if there was a VON. im from NJ and this is what he replied

"It wasn't on October's Allocation sheet so I do not have a VIN/VAN number for the vehicle. We should be getting November's sheet within the next two weeks. Once that arrives I'll inform you of when we should be expecting your car. I'm sorry its been this delayed. Generally the 8-12 week window is on the shorter end. But that order was accepted so for now its still the agonizing waiting game."

Anybody else live in nj and did not get a VON? So I guess I shouldn't expect the car to come this month?

#282 ·
I'm in NJ, ordered 10/2. From what I can gather from all of the various order threads is that Jersey does not use VONs (I could be wrong). It's early for me so I haven't called to confirm this, gonna wait until the 5 week mark to see if I get any kind of order identification number.

#285 ·
Yes I totally get that, you should absolutely be following up at that point. I'm wondering if they sold your original car and re ordered it at that point. We're really not experienceing delays like that right now so something sounds fishy... I meant the guys who just ordered and are trying to get a VON on week 1...

#289 ·
I received my VIN last week, and now my dealership is showing my car "IN TRANSIT" on their website. Seems like its not far off. When they classify it "in transit" what does that typically mean - just that its on the boat? Or does it mean its literally on its way from the dock to the dealership?

#290 · (Edited)
So after endless hours of reseach (bored at work this week) and digging thru shipping logs and dozens of different car carrier ship itinaries online and tracking for a few days, I am 99% sure the ship with the Subarus on it destined for Davisville, RI has just docked in Baltimore this evening. Next stop is RI. I am thinking after shipping, port processing and trucking my car should be on my dealer's lot by late next week to mid the following week.

PS: There is also an outside chance that another car carrier planning on porting in RI tonight/early morning could have the Subarus, but I think it more likely a Kia or Mazda ship. I will know when I see through my tracking which processing facility it ports at since there is only 1 in RI that does SUbarus (don't ask how I know all this, I know too much, and my wife thinks I am nuts lol)

#291 ·
PS: There is also an outside chance that another car carrier planning on porting in RI tonight/early morning could have the Subarus said:
Haha, your persistence is great, makes me feel a little better about how much I've bugged my dealer. Hopefully mine is on that shipment, although my dealer said my car was coming in next month allocation, and there was an allocation slated to arrive end of this month, which is what yours might be on.

#292 · (Edited)
Well the one thing I do know is that I am in the October allocation, that is the only real information the dealer has provided me, other then that they seemed to know NOTHING. That's why I had to play detective, not knowing whats going on makes me crazy but I now feel like I got a grip on it..

You can also file this under the "I know too much" file. If you are on the Nov allocation, a ship has left Yokohama heading for the first stop of Virgina 4-5 days ago and is mid pacific ocean right now. That's probably the Nov allocation for Subaru for east coast, probably be in port in 2-3 weeks in RI

#294 · (Edited)
Well my dealership is about 80 mins from the RI port, your location days Milford, CT so your are about 90 mins from the port so I would assume they are on the same ship. This makes perfect sense because one of the 2 ships I figured my car was on just docked at 5am this morning at the Subaru processing yard (NORADinc). So this seems to add up perfectly, lets see if my dealership notifies me like yours did, I am guessing no.

#296 ·
Pretty much means the same thing at this point in the game.. So 5 days of processing at the facility and trucking will probably start next Monday. I would put my money on the car being on the dealership lot next Tues or Weds. I might call Subaru tomorrow and see if they can confirm this

#297 ·
yea - the dealer sent me an email saying 2 weeks, and that was this morning. He's probably just saying that to be safe though - I would imagine your time frame is closer to being realistic. Damn - 5 days of processing!!!

#298 · (Edited)
Well I am getting really annoyed, I just called the dealership to attempt to confirm the delivery and the shipment was Subaru's, but not my car. He said mine is supposed to be on the next ship (2 ships were needed because he said the Subaru plant was backed up). But the ship I thought had my car mine on it all along is the one that is finishing up the drop in Baltimore right now (the Rigel Leader). So if that ship heads to Davisville next and ports at NORADinc it HAS to be the one with my car on it. Otherwise I won't see my car for another month. This is rediculas. 10 weeks, 3 days and nobody even has any idea where or what ship my car is on. My friend ordered from the same dealership earlier in the year and he was already driving his car by this time.

This is the very last time I order a car from Japan. At least the German cars for the most part come in 4-6 weeks

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.