2013 WRX / STI Orders - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX / STI Orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I am from southern California. An hour north of Los Angeles....

I am from southern California. An hour north of Los Angeles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is the black you ordered Obsidian Black Pearl or Crystal Black Silica? I think they changed the black to Crystal Black Silica (If you've seen it on the BRZ it looks nicer IMO).
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Can't wait to see real pics
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

O no, don't get a white one, so bland. It makes it look like an econobox
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings
    Currently own 2008 Z51 Corvette/2012 Mazda 3 Sport hatch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonWRX22 View Post
    O no, don't get a white one, so bland. It makes it look like an econobox
    I think you're joking but not sure. SWP is the best looking color on the hatch IMO, with tinted widows, it looks so sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    I think you're joking but not sure. SWP is the best looking color on the hatch IMO, with tinted widows, it looks so sexy.
    Definitely NOT joking, if you are buying a sporty car, there are a few colors to stay away from. Most will agree that white is one of them, everybody has thier own opinion and there is NOTHING WRONG with white, but its just one of the least sporty colors you could ever put on a car.

White is a very popular color in the US, but for luxury cars, mommy/daddy sedans, econoboxes and trucks etc. Sporty cars should have a sporty color to show off the curves and lines, white seems to hide them, and silver makes any chrome accents invisible. On the way home from work today take note of how many sporty cars in white you see, then take note off all the Toyota Corrola's, Camry's, Kia's and other econoboxes are in white.
    Last edited by BostonWRX22; 08-24-2012 at 10:29 AM.
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings

Banned
    Definitely NOT joking, if you are buying a sporty car, there are a few colors to stay away from. Most will agree that white is one of them, everybody has thier own opinion and there is NOTHING WRONG with white, but its just one of the least sporty colors you could ever put on a car.

White is a very popular color in the US, but for luxury cars, mommy/daddy sedans, econoboxes and trucks etc. Sporty cars should have a sporty color to show off the curves and lines, white seems to hide them, and silver makes any chrome accents invisible. On the way home from work today take note of how many sporty cars in white you see, then take note off all the Toyota Corrola's, Camry's, Kia's and other econoboxes are in white.
    We'll agree to disagree then. Its the darker colors that hide the lines of the WRX, it's the silver and white that makes the lines pop on these cars. Also what car are you referring to that has chrome accents ? I can't stand chrome on a car and I would gladly make them invisible

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    We'll agree to disagree then. Its the darker colors that hide the lines of the WRX, it's the silver and white that makes the lines pop on these cars. Also what car are you referring to that has chrome accents ? I can't stand chrome on a car and I would gladly make them invisible
    Now we know now you have an oddball taste which fits in well with liking white so much. Chrome accents on cars (factory ones, not $10 autozone special ones) are probably one of the most popular designs on cars to make them more "flashy" and you flat out say you hate them lol

Also according to your opinion that it's the dark colors that hide the lines, the majority of the sports car driving world must not like to showoff the car's lines also since the top 3 sports car colors are Black, Blue and gray.

Sports Car Colors – What Shades Are Most Popular - The CarWoo! Chronicle | The CarWoo! Chronicle
    Last edited by BostonWRX22; 08-24-2012 at 11:09 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Guess I'm oddball, as well. White is the color of Cayman that I'd love to wind up in; it looks like teh secks to me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Banned
    Although I do own a dark gray Mustang ( was planning on getting white but the "performance white" wasn't white enough, if that makes any sense), My dream car is a white M3.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Guess I'm oddball, as well. White is the color of Cayman that I'd love to wind up in; it looks like teh secks to me.
    LOL , I really don't understand what you said and how the pic ties into it, but here's 2 random pictures of my Black Corvette. And I don't see any hidden lines here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0046.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	107729
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0044.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	107730
    Last edited by BostonWRX22; 08-24-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Group me in the oddball category. I think white usually works best, and looks damn good, on higher end cars and on cars that have good lines. Sports cars typically fall into those categories.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL , I really don't understand what you said and how the pic ties into it, but here's 2 random pictures of my Black Corvette. And I don't see any hidden lines here
    Showing a white car when we're discussing why we like white cars? I thought it was fairly straight-forward, but apologize if I was obtuse.

Yep, I've owned a black G35c, and it was lovely, but probably my last black car for the time being.
    Color is subjective, my friend. People are allowed to like whatever suits them. I don't consult outside surveys of opinion to determine my opinion.
    For me personally, it's very much a secondary consideration. I'm not looking at the outside of the car when I'm driving it through corners.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 08-24-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    White is the color of Cayman that I'd love to wind up in; it looks like teh secks to me..
    Hmm, I guess I'm the only one without the secret decoder pen If I had one maybe I could of sense of this line and and figured out how this line tied into the pic

Anyway, as I said before, there is nothing wrong with liking white, and I guess there is also nothing wrong with liking white so much that you think that dark colors hide the lines of the car and light colors don't, having those opinions are for sure the opposite of what the majority thinks but that's not a crime, heck some people even think there is a magical guy in the sky looking down upon everybody and judging them too!

In closing, I will continue to say to myself (along with quite a large circle of sports car enthusiast's I know) when I see a sporty car in white "why the heck would you ever get that car in that color, its so boring and bland and does nothing for the car" and i'm sure you people that like it feel the opposite and probably have a Toyota Corolla or a Prius as a 2nd car. Its fine, everybody has thier own opinions and can fight for it, even if it is opposite of the majority. Its a free country.
    Last edited by BostonWRX22; 08-24-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Well, again, to each their own. In my experience most people I've talked to feel that darker colors hide lines more, as do I. So my perception is that is "for sure" what the majority of people think. I really like the wrx in white, but made that one concession to my fiancee, as it was her only stipulation. "Just don't get white." She clearly felt more strongly about it than I did haha.
    Last edited by Calvinball; 08-24-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.