Subaru WRX Forum banner

2013 WRX / STI Orders

95K views 721 replies 130 participants last post by  ShiftingLanes 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone! Just placed an order for a 2013 WRX 4 Door Base DGM! Cant wait to get it! :D Figured I'd start a thread for the 2013's.

Ordered - 8/6
VON -
VIN - 9/8

Picked Up - 9/13 :woocow:

#2 · (Edited)
From what I heard dealers can start to submit orders starting August 15th?

If everything goes well I will be placing an order soon and replacing my 2012 sedan with a 2013 hatch. :)

So far I was quoted $23,500 as a trade-in on my Base Sedan (short shifter, dimming mirror and all-weather mats are the only options on the car) and I got a $23,795 quote on a 2013 hatch base! I figure with the short shifter and dimming mirror I will be at $24,000......so only $500 more than my 2012 with 5500 miles. It almost sounds too goog to be true so I will have to see it that will go through.

#9 ·
I get a tax credit on a trade so my taxes will only be $91. :)

I do have to mention that I picked up my 2012 WRX sedan base for $24,000 + taxes and registration so getting $23,500 on a trade is an unbeatable deal!

#6 ·
Just ordered a 2013 WRX Limited with Nav, Short throw shifter and Auto Dimming rear view mirror today on 8/11/2013 to replace my Mazda CX-7 Turbo which is on a lease until November.

I got the dealership to pay for the Short throw shifter and Rear dimming mirror :)

#7 ·
So far you are all correct. They can place the orders on Aug 15th 2012.

I just purchased today 8/11/2012 a Blue 4 door STI Limited. They estimate early Oct for delivery. I got mine a factory price 36,334$ because they messed up a quote! I can't wait!

I have a few questions, I got the following upgrades :

Exhaust Upgrade, Short Throw, and Booster Gauge. Are these worth it? Its not like I can go back but I figured these sounded like good choice.

#14 ·
So far you are all correct. They can place the orders on Aug 15th 2012.

I just purchased today 8/11/2012 a Blue 4 door STI Limited. They estimate early Oct for delivery. I got mine a factory price 36,334$ because they messed up a quote! I can't wait!

I have a few questions, I got the following upgrades :

Exhaust Upgrade, Short Throw, and Booster Gauge. Are these worth it? Its not like I can go back but I figured these sounded like good choice.
If you mean a catback only, then it's just going to make more noise. Though I'm sure it will sound good so I wouldn't complain. The short shifter would be nice to have, since IMO the stock shifter is pretty tall and sloppy. A boost gauge really isn't necessary on a stock car, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

#12 · (Edited)
I got my dealer down to $23,795 for a 2013 hatch base. I did however ended up getting the short shifter + STI 5 speed shift knob + dimming mirror for another $405 (I kept the all weather floor mats from my 2012 so I didn't have to get another set). I would have probably talked them down another $50-$100 on the options but I was happy already with the $23,500 trade-in they offered me. :) :thumbup:

i wonder what little tweaks they'll do to the wrx?
According to my dealer none but who knows. Dealer got a memo from Subaru saying "2013 WRX and WRX STI models carry over their succesfull packages from last year."

#20 ·
A catback (exhaust has been changed from the last catalytic converter back to the tailpipe) is simply a sound mod, no tune necessary. A downpipe (which replaces one of the cats, and is a performance mod, and is part of what people call a "turboback" exhaust) will need a tune to work properly.

You should probably look at the mountain of info on this site about BOV's..many believe that it's not a great idea.

#28 ·
I'm glad this thread exists so now I don't have to feel like I'm a total noob.

Damn you kids and your 2013s! Back in 2012 we had to walk to the dealership 4 hours in the snow, uphill, both ways!

#29 ·
Got an email from Subaru of Puyallup that the ordering period has started today, just need to shop around with dealers over the next couple days and I'll be putting in the order. Getting a 5-door Premium in WR Blue with the short throw shifter. The best quote I've gotten so far in Seattle is invoice, but I'm working on several dealers to see if I can get it for less.

#44 ·
I only drive about 2-3k miles a year and the thought of having to break in a new car every year kinda makes me queezy . But I guess you don't have to break them in properly if you aren't going to keep it more than a year right?

I assume you're in debt because a. Most people don't buy cars with cash money

b. You have a mortgage

#45 ·
I guess that makes sense as I probably wouldn't be trading in a car with 2-3k miles either. I drive around 12k miles a year so that has a tendency to add up.
Good assumptions and unfortunately they do apply to majority of the poeple in this country.

#48 ·
I just got an email from my dealer with the VON number.

#53 ·
Im that guy. But I do it for a different reason. I work in IT and I have to have the latest technology all the time so I can resell to others. :)

#56 ·
As far as I know and have read (and read a lot I have), the 2013 will be a carry over from 2012. Possibly 2014 as well, although I've caught some slight speculation that the 2014 may get a "face lift" for lack of better words; at the very least that is.

As for the August 15th date...that would be correct. As of 2:00 pm that day you could order a WRX, I got off work that day and went straight to my local dealer and ordered my STI.

I also got a short throw for ****s and giggles. In regards to the SPT exhaust (assuming that's what you ordered) it does sound a lot better over the stock exhaust that the WRX or STI come with. I've never been a fan of Nav in a vehicle but to each their own. I got quite a few options added to my 2013 STI. I'll be very pleased with it. Total was approximately 45K after taxes, titles, tags, etc etc.

No official delivery date (order placed Aug 15th) although if its pretty well customized in regards to options about 45-60 days seems to be what I'm being told by the dealer. In regards to the boost gauge, I got one as well...its just aesthetics but I wanted it ha. I did opt for the side moldings just because people are ignorant and a piece of side molding is cheaper than repairing a door ding/scratch or the door panel if severe enough.

None the less...After much debate the STI fell in the best option for me in regards to economical performance and decent luxury choices (nav, leather, etc etc) plus the AWD is a bit bonus. Too bad the new S5s are 65K on avg.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.