2013 WRX / STI Orders - Page 42
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX / STI Orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I m thinking to get something off the lot too, instead of this waiting game. Should I be concern with ...

I m thinking to get something off the lot too, instead of this waiting game. Should I be concern with some mileage on the ones at the lot? Obviously they probably had been test drove or driven to/from other lots. I was told not all cars were transport via carriers.

Should I be concern?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    I m thinking to get something off the lot too, instead of this waiting game. Should I be concern with some mileage on the ones at the lot? Obviously they probably had been test drove or driven to/from other lots. I was told not all cars were transport via carriers.

Should I be concern?
    When I purchased mine, they pulled up a Premium instead and I drove it of the car I purchased. The sales rep was telling me to open it up more and get on it but I didn't. I got lucky and got to the dealer when they just got a load of WRX's. Mine had 7 miles when I first looked at it and 12 when I drove off the lot. I will be over the 5,000 mile mark today

I Support ClubWRX

Should I be concern?
    When I purchased mine, they pulled up a Premium instead and I drove it of the car I purchased. The sales rep was telling me to open it up more and get on it but I didn't. I got lucky and got to the dealer when they just got a load of WRX's. Mine had 7 miles when I first looked at it and 12 when I drove off the lot. I will be over the 5,000 mile mark today

The one at the lot near me has 50 miles in it. Should I be concerned?

wooooo salesman emailed me and said car is now "Released" should be here shortly =D

The one at the lot near me has 50 miles in it.

Dealership has one STI and 3 WRX's and would not let me test drive, saying buyers complain when they have more than 7 miles on them. Well no test drive equal no buy, I will not buy a car without test driving. I want to feel the difference between STI and WRX.

Dealership calls everyday since, lol!

Re: 2013 WRX / STI Orders

I wouldn't buy a wrx with 50 miles on it... And I don't blame dealers for holding cars back from test drives. Every dealership is going to have a "test drive mule," so let me ask you this: how are you going to drive it on your test drive? Are you going to drive it like you own it, or are you going to put it through its paces and really evaluate it? Now, having done that, do you want to buy a car that 5-10 other people have done that with, for the first (most important) 50 miles of its life?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan

Re: 2013 WRX / STI Orders

The one at the lot near me has 50 miles in it. Should I be concerned?
    Don't let your desire for a new car outweigh your critical thinking.

2013 SWP WRX Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by floods View Post
    I wouldn't buy a wrx with 50 miles on it... And I don't blame dealers for holding cars back from test drives. Every dealership is going to have a "test drive mule," so let me ask you this: how are you going to drive it on your test drive? Are you going to drive it like you own it, or are you going to put it through its paces and really evaluate it? Now, having done that, do you want to buy a car that 5-10 other people have done that with, for the first (most important) 50 miles of its life?

The only way to feel the difference between STI and WRX is beating up on it? In that case I can save 10 grand and get a base WRX.

I want to feel the difference between the stiffer suspension, 18's, differential, and six speed. What is the RPM and speed you're at when crusing on the highway in 5th gear in the WRX? Does it feel like it's missing that extra 6th gear.

50 miles on a car is nothing, that is why you have warranty. When you leave you're car with the mechanic, you don't know how he is driving it.

Picked up my WRB STI last saturday! Ordered 9-14 picked up 12-15. Only 4 months. Getting the cobb access port for Christmas from the wife!!

Quote Originally Posted by kungfushifta View Post
    The only way to feel the difference between STI and WRX is beating up on it? In that case I can save 10 grand and get a base WRX.

I want to feel the difference between the stiffer suspension, 18's, differential, and six speed.
    If they don't have an STI to test drive, go to another dealership. "Beating up on it" is totally subjective, but yes, I'm going to push a car during a test drive because their difference will be found at their limits. An STI isn't going to reveal where that $10k went by how well it commutes.

What is the RPM and speed you're at when crusing on the highway in 5th gear in the WRX? Does it feel like it's missing that extra 6th gear.
    I'm not sure, I'll have to look tomorrow (road trip), but yes, coming from a 6-speed not having an extra OD gear is taking some getting used to. Shifting less around town is nice though.

50 miles on a car is nothing, that is why you have warranty. When you leave you're car with the mechanic, you don't know how he is driving it.
    The first 50 miles, when the rings are seating, are very important. I changed my oil at 20, 50, and 700 miles and definitely noticed the sparkle in the 50-mile change. 50 miles may be nothing to you, but it would deter me from buying that vehicle. Would you buy a used mattress, or pay more to have one... unblemished?

Anyway, back on topic: WRXmas for anyone else?
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan

What is the RPM and speed you're at when crusing on the highway in 5th gear in the WRX? Does it feel like it's missing that extra 6th gear.

The RPM is about 3,000 going 80mph.... it does feel like it's missing that extra 6th gear...BUT it sure does feel like it's got lots of passing power since the RPMs are at a nice level already

50 miles IS nothing on a car relative to the thousands of miles we drive. But when it comes to buying a NEW car ($$$); I'd prefer having closest to ZERO. If you bought anything pricey, you would want whatever you bought in MINT condition (i.e. brand new in a sealed box).... so when it comes to cars, that would be the one that no one touched. You know the first buyer looses the most money from buying the car - so I feel that we should have the honor of breaking it in.

Any good place to order oem parts online? I m looking for all weather mats, wheel locks, etc. thanks!

2013 WRX / STI Orders

I was told mine would be on the mid January allocation. So anyone know the exact date that one is supposed to dock at the RI?

2013 WRX / STI Orders

Never mind I got my vin number today.
    What was your general wait time from the time you got your vin to the time the car was delivered?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.