2013 WRX / STI Orders - Page 40
Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX / STI Orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by richie18 Manufacturers won't tell you to drive it hard even if it did "breakin" the motor better.... ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by richie18 View Post
    Manufacturers won't tell you to drive it hard even if it did "breakin" the motor better.... More chances of other problems occurring if you took it hard -> then you going to the dealer for warranty issues.
    Look at it this way. If the company wanted to save money by not dealing with warranty issues,wouldn't they just tell everyone to do the hard break in if that was better? I mean it can't be that hard for them to test both methods. My guess is they probably have tested both methods & decided which was better.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonWRX22 View Post
    Wow hostile eh?

As far as evidence, I have done this on 4 previous performance cars I own/owned (refer to a previous post in this tread I made if you care to know) and wished I was able to do it on one I bought with 7k on the odo that was the only car I had that consumed oil, secondly I have read many posts by people saying they had no problems and burned no oil and always had strong dyno results, Third, nobody is going to do this break in and yank thier pistons out of thier car and bring it to my house to show me what they look like and I also never plan to myself (although there are pics on some websites of this exact thing), I choose to believe due to facts, physics and personal results. Forth and most important, I don't care if you "buy into" this or not. I CHOOSE TO BREAK IN MY CARS THIS WAY, if you think it's crap, DON'T DO IT. It doesn't change my life any
    No hostility. Just asking for evidence.

I have had the car for 2 years now. Followed the manual. Don't have any issues with oil consumption.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    No hostility. Just asking for evidence.

I have had the car for 2 years now. Followed the manual. Don't have any issues with oil consumption.
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings
    Currently own 2008 Z51 Corvette/2012 Mazda 3 Sport hatch

Look at it this way. If the company wanted to save money by not dealing with warranty issues,wouldn't they just tell everyone to do the hard break in if that was better? I mean it can't be that hard for them to test both methods...
    If they did tell everyone to do a hard break in they would have more warranty issues early.

Are there any real motor heads here to chime in... I mean ones that actually build/rebuild automobile engines for a living. I see this stuff day in day out.

No need to turn this thread into another breakin debate... Everyone has their own flavor/method. Whatever.... I used to own a g35 6mt and babied that thing it's entire life... Had oil consumption problem; burned/ate oil, I dunno but not a crazy amount. I also have a 2009 accord which is driven like a grandma because it is a grandma car...still loses oil.

Since I babied my g35, I'm gonna change it up and try to drive the WRX a tad bit harder...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by richie18 View Post
    If they did tell everyone to do a hard break in they would have more warranty issues early..
    So what you are saying is that the hard break in will cause warranty issues.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

So what you are saying is that the hard break in will cause warranty issues.
    I'm saying that a hard break will be more likely to cause warranty issues versus a normal break in.

Let's get this back on topic:

Quote Originally Posted by floods View Post
    Let's get this back on topic:

Yummmmmmy.... Sexy

has anyone ordered through sdc in between 10/5 and 10/22?

Quote Originally Posted by apedz215 View Post
    has anyone ordered through sdc in between 10/5 and 10/22?
    I'm guessing you did? lol
    nothing news this week except my ETA was pushed back 1/02 now. Status still "Scheduled" with "Scheduled Date: 12/17/2012".

SOA checked my Von says its "ordered". Doesn't mean much huh?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    SOA checked my Von says its "ordered". Doesn't mean much huh?
    That's actually good news for you. That mean your order has been accepted by Subaru factory. You might even get a VIN and ETA soon. My order was in hold since day 1 and stay like that for 7 weeks then all of sudden my salesman told me my order status updated to "Ordered" then a week later told me status updated to "Scheduled" with ETA 12/31 and a VIN#.

Quote Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
    That's actually good news for you. That mean your order has been accepted by Subaru factory. You might even get a VIN and ETA soon. My order was in hold since day 1 and stay like that for 7 weeks then all of sudden my salesman told me my order status updated to "Ordered" then a week later told me status updated to "Scheduled" with ETA 12/31 and a VIN#.
    Cool! Sounds like I will get an update in a week then. Thanks!

Lol I am not saying you will get the same thing but it's a good new your order is now accepted by the factory.

Not to burst your bubble, but my order was accepted back on Aug 11th and I didn't get any new information for about 9-10 weeks when I got my VIN number, and still waited another 6+ weeks to get my car after that
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings
    Currently own 2008 Z51 Corvette/2012 Mazda 3 Sport hatch

Woot picked her up today. Ordered 11/11 picked up 12/15