2013 WRX / STI Orders - Page 4
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 722

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX / STI Orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; [QUOTE=00TypeR1071;2925187] Originally Posted by fr_awd Well it says you are located in chicago, so I wouldn't be surprised of price ...

  1. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    19
    [QUOTE=00TypeR1071;2925187]
    Quote Originally Posted by fr_awd View Post
    Well it says you are located in chicago, so I wouldn't be surprised of price differences across the country.

    You are absolutely right. I'm not sure about California but we do have quite few Subaru dealers in the area and they are pretty competivtive.

    I do have to mention that we do get killed with 9.5% tax here in Chicago! Yikes!
    holy crap that is high I think in san francisco or los angeles we had something close to 10 percent 4 a short period of time until they lowered it

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User Soobvirgin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'm curious...do most people these days just assume that they'll never actually own the car? Not meant as a criticism..just a different philosophy from how I was raised. I'm old fashioned, and look forward to having title to my car, house, etc.
    Yeah. Pretty much. And this is in no way directed at 00TypeR1071. We're in the age of entitlement and instant gratification. So many people now think that because someone else has something nice, they must be able to have it too. There's no need to save up when financing is readily available. Financing is the debt enabler. Like someone who drinks in front of their recovering-alcoholic friend.

  4. #48
    Registered User 00TypeR1071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    176
    I just got an email from my dealer with the VON number.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

  5. #49
    Registered User KenBeanNet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Glenside, PA
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by 00TypeR1071 View Post
    I just got an email from my dealer with the VON number.

    You mean VIN number?

  6. #50
    Registered User squiRe2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northeast, PA
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by KenBeanNet View Post
    You mean VIN number?
    He means VON. There is no way he would have a VIN# yet.

    VON - Vehicle order number

    Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX Sedan DGM

    -Paul

  7. #51
    Registered User KenBeanNet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Glenside, PA
    Posts
    83
    Ohh. Yeah I am dumb. Haha. They said I would get my VIN in 4-5 weeks from the 15th. On average.

  8. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Yeah. Pretty much. And this is in no way directed at 00TypeR1071. We're in the age of entitlement and instant gratification. So many people now think that because someone else has something nice, they must be able to have it too. There's no need to save up when financing is readily available. Financing is the debt enabler. Like someone who drinks in front of their recovering-alcoholic friend.
    This sorta reminds me of the iPhone freaks. They buy a phone for $500 then a year later they get rid of it and buy the "new" iPhone that is identical to the one they just had. As if they would be looked down upon for having last years phone.

  9. #53
    Registered User KenBeanNet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Glenside, PA
    Posts
    83
    Im that guy. But I do it for a different reason. I work in IT and I have to have the latest technology all the time so I can resell to others.

  10. #54
    Registered User 00TypeR1071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    This sorta reminds me of the iPhone freaks. They buy a phone for $500 then a year later they get rid of it and buy the "new" iPhone that is identical to the one they just had. As if they would be looked down upon for having last years phone.
    I don't see a problem with that if you can sell your used phone for $450.

    I think it is a pretty straight forward concept and I guess I can use my car as an example: I would have lost around $7-10k on it if I kept it for 5 years. Now, if I keep on getting new ones every year I will be out roughly $1000-$1500 a year so how am I' loosing money in a long run? For me it is a Win Win situation.
    Last edited by 00TypeR1071; 08-18-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

  11. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    152
    I thought there was supposed to be a design change for '13?

    Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

  12. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S.E. PA
    Posts
    5
    As far as I know and have read (and read a lot I have), the 2013 will be a carry over from 2012. Possibly 2014 as well, although I've caught some slight speculation that the 2014 may get a "face lift" for lack of better words; at the very least that is.

    As for the August 15th date...that would be correct. As of 2:00 pm that day you could order a WRX, I got off work that day and went straight to my local dealer and ordered my STI.

    I also got a short throw for ****s and giggles. In regards to the SPT exhaust (assuming that's what you ordered) it does sound a lot better over the stock exhaust that the WRX or STI come with. I've never been a fan of Nav in a vehicle but to each their own. I got quite a few options added to my 2013 STI. I'll be very pleased with it. Total was approximately 45K after taxes, titles, tags, etc etc.

    No official delivery date (order placed Aug 15th) although if its pretty well customized in regards to options about 45-60 days seems to be what I'm being told by the dealer. In regards to the boost gauge, I got one as well...its just aesthetics but I wanted it ha. I did opt for the side moldings just because people are ignorant and a piece of side molding is cheaper than repairing a door ding/scratch or the door panel if severe enough.

    None the less...After much debate the STI fell in the best option for me in regards to economical performance and decent luxury choices (nav, leather, etc etc) plus the AWD is a bit bonus. Too bad the new S5s are 65K on avg.

  13. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    296
    ^ $45k for a 4cyl

  14. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by 00TypeR1071 View Post
    I don't see a problem with that if you can sell your used phone for $450.

    I think it is a pretty straight forward concept and I guess I can use my car as an example: I would have lost around $7-10k on it if I kept it for 5 years. Now, if I keep on getting new ones every year I will be out roughly $1000-$1500 a year so how am I' loosing money in a long run? For me it is a Win Win situation.
    yeah yeah yeah we know you are trading in your 2012 for a 2013 and the difference you have to pay is $50. yes you got our attention.

  15. #59
    Registered User 00TypeR1071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    yeah yeah yeah we know you are trading in your 2012 for a 2013 and the difference you have to pay is $50. yes you got our attention.
    Why the hate?

    I see that this forum is full of win! lol!
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

  16. #60
    Registered User Eric05mx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by 00TypeR1071 View Post
    Why the hate?

    I see that this forum is full of win! lol!
    I got you beat, I went from an 11 wrx to a 12 and paid $0 in tax.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •