2013 WRX / STI Orders - Page 39
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX / STI Orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hmmph saleswoman said that there is no scheduled ETA on the website but said its "released" -> means that Subaru ...

Hmmph saleswoman said that there is no scheduled ETA on the website but said its "released" -> means that Subaru released it to the trucking company and that its a max 2 day shipping process once on the truck. After they get the vehicle in they gotta do the inspection and get the car ready.

So it sounds promising...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The stock exhaust on the sedan looks better/shiny compared to the stock hatchback exhaust. Boston, that's the regular/non-SPT exhaust right? The tips look naaayce

Quote Originally Posted by richie18 View Post
    The stock exhaust on the sedan looks better/shiny compared to the stock hatchback exhaust. Boston, that's the regular/non-SPT exhaust right? The tips look naaayce
    Looks like a stock exhaust to me. I personally prefer the exhaust finish on the hatchbacks as it looks rough and mean!
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

Re: 2013 WRX / STI Orders

My car arrived at the dealership last night. Should be picking it up today! Have to work through trade in and financing (already have competitive offers to work off of) and then I should be good to go.

Ordered: 10/26
    Stateside: 12/5?
    Picked up: 12/8

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan

mine arrived in port the other day, one more week to go

Quote Originally Posted by 2013WRBPSTI View Post
    mine arrived in port the other day, one more week to go
    How did you know that it's at the port exactly? Dealership told you or SOA?

Ya you noticed that too huh? That's one of the things that sold me on the sedan, it has almost an aftermarket look to it. The hatchback has what looks like pipes that were just sheered off with no finish on them. They both look good, I just prefer the shiny chrome finishing pipes on the sedan.

For those wondering about my "Motoman" style break in procedure, I am about 2/3rd the way thru it now at 90 miles (the non-stop rain since I picked it up has slowed the process down). Need 1 more series of high RPM vacuum pulls and another cool down cycle and the rings should be seated/sealed. Going to head out after traffic tonight and finish the deal.
    Last edited by BostonWRX22; 12-08-2012 at 02:05 PM.
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings
    Currently own 2008 Z51 Corvette/2012 Mazda 3 Sport hatch

Sighs... On the fence about the motoman's break in procedure. So many views of for it and against it... Dunno what to do.

But yea, about the exhaust tips - I'm jealous. Damm stock sedan tips are so much nicer than the "pipe" looking hatch ones

Sighs... On the fence about the motoman's break in procedure. So many views of for it and against it... Dunno what to do.

But yea, about the exhaust tips - I'm jealous. Damm stock sedan tips are so much nicer than the "pipe" looking hatch ones
    About the break in thing, not sure if this helps make your decision but I am the type that drives my cars pretty hard most of the time, nothing death defying or anything like that but I accelerate hard often, and will probably be taking the car to the drag strip fairly often as well. I feel the harder break in seats the rings better then going by the book (it's the entire point of Motoman's early heat and pressure plus cooldown cycles), so what I am saying is the better sealings will protect me from burning oil when driving it hard like I intend to do (and may produce a few extra HP ). But if you are a more conservative driver the slow going break-in peroid of 1000 miles might not even phase you, and if you don't plan to drive it all that hard then the standard break-in method's seal i'm sure is perfectly fine since you might not be driving it hard anyway.

As an engineer I tend to think outside the box and give things a try that I can make sense of, it just seemed like simple physics to me that's why I gave it a shot awhile back. The people that seem to be against this break-in are usually the more conservative "i'm sure the manufacture knows best" type but they don't concider most of that info is a copy and paste from nearly every car in the fleet and most people don't drive hard, they like the MPGs lol
    Last edited by BostonWRX22; 12-08-2012 at 03:01 PM.
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings

I drive pretty conservative for the most part, but I will be going hard once and awhile. I want to be able to go hard and not break anything down the line. I'll probably do a more conservative approach to the motoman's break in... Maybe take it up to 5,000.

how many miles or how long do you drive it for each time you take it out during the breakin?

I drive pretty conservative for the most part, but I will be going hard once and awhile. I want to be able to go hard and not break anything down the line. I'll probably do a more conservative approach to the motoman's break in... Maybe take it up to 5,000.

how many miles or how long do you drive it for each time you take it out during the breakin?

Well around my area there is always a lot of traffic so getting ideal conditions for the break-in is hard unless I head out between like 2-6am so it took a little more mileage to get where I am now then I would have liked. But to answer your question I picked the car up with 4 miles, I drove it easy until about 25 miles making sure to always be varying RPMs (aka cruise controling) and I parked it overnight, headed out this morning drove it for about 15 mins easily and did my pulls starting at 5000, then 5500, then 6000, then 2 at 6200 drove easily for about 5 miles and repeated and parked car around 60 miles total for about 3 hours to cool and repeated this again later in the day the same way and parked it with around 90 miles. Going to run it the 3rd time tonight so it can sit overnight and tomorrow I start driving it as I plan to for the life of it (I will get an oil change around 500 miles).

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonWRX22 View Post
    AAs an engineer I tend to think outside the box and give things a try that I can make sense of, it just seemed like simple physics to me that's why I gave it a shot awhile back. The people that seem to be against this break-in are usually the more conservative "i'm sure the manufacture knows best" type but they don't concider most of that info is a copy and paste from nearly every car in the fleet and most people don't drive hard, they like the MPGs lol
    Ah ,so since you are an engineer you have factual evidence that this motoman procedure is the way to go? Would love to see this evidence. All I've seen is some guy's website.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Ah ,so since you are an engineer you have factual evidence that this motoman procedure is the way to go? Would love to see this evidence. All I've seen is some guy's website.
    +1

I have yet to see any true empirical evidence, let alone statistically significant evidence, that suggests the hard break-in is substantially better (or better at all) than the manufacturer's recommended break-in. So I personally decided to stick with the procedure that the people who built the car tell me to do.

I would love for someone to go out and buy a bunch of the same type of car. Create a test group and a control group, perform the different types of break-in, then perform a variety of tests to measure any advantage of one over the other. I don't see this happening any time soon.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

That's why he did say "thinking out of the box"... Wouldn't be out of the box if there was concrete evidence

Don't think there will ever be any real evidence on the topic. Manufacturers won't tell you to drive it hard even if it did "breakin" the motor better.... More chances of other problems occurring if you took it hard -> then you going to the dealer for warranty issues.

Wow hostile eh?

As far as evidence, I have done this on 4 previous performance cars I own/owned (refer to a previous post in this tread I made if you care to know) and wished I was able to do it on one I bought with 7k on the odo that was the only car I had that consumed oil, secondly I have read many posts by people saying they had no problems and burned no oil and always had strong dyno results, Third, nobody is going to do this break in and yank thier pistons out of thier car and bring it to my house to show me what they look like and I also never plan to myself (although there are pics on some websites of this exact thing), I choose to believe due to facts, physics and personal results. Forth and most important, I don't care if you "buy into" this or not. I CHOOSE TO BREAK IN MY CARS THIS WAY, if you think it's crap, DON'T DO IT. It doesn't change my life any

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.