2013 WRX / STI Orders - Page 35
Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX / STI Orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by rurso01 I bought the car stock and ordered the spot exhaust. When the exhaust came in 2 ...

Quote Originally Posted by rurso01 View Post
    I bought the car stock and ordered the spot exhaust. When the exhaust came in 2 weeks after I got the car, I had them install it. The price you pay includes installation from what I understand. Did that help understand it?
    Dealer said exhaust price includes installation but installation is taken care of at the port. I think if you order the part afterwards, the dealership has to install it - which they'll probably charge you for.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They don't install the SPT exhaust at the port anymore

Quote Originally Posted by NicJitsu View Post
    Really? When I put in my order, there was a list of accessories that the rep could check off - and she said these were port installed. I don't know then.... I'll ask my dealer (where the exhaust was installed) when my car arrives second week of dec.

Quote Originally Posted by NicJitsu View Post
    What does this mean? And how does it relate to my question?

Re: 2013 WRX / STI Orders

Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    What does this mean? And how does it relate to my question?
    Dealer saves cost with port-installed options. So if it's port installed it will be cheaper for you and for them vs. The exhaust that's installed at the dealership either way.

I ordered my base sedan with only a spoiler. Anything you can buy later you shouldn't buy installed on the car as you'll be paying financing on top of the actual cost. That's why most cars come with pre-installed packages that can't be removed (+margin on the parts themselves).

CN: Finance the car, buy the exhaust with cash later.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan

If the dealer I m ordering from is basing all the prices from edmunds.com and he can get me invoice price, shouldn't I order all the little things I want, like all weather mats, illuminate kit, auto dim mirror, etc? They are pretty cheap at invoice price. The all weather mat is $45 at invoice, cheaper than any online place with shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by floods View Post
    Dealer saves cost with port-installed options. So if it's port installed it will be cheaper for you and for them vs. The exhaust that's installed at the dealership either way.

I ordered my base sedan with only a spoiler. Anything you can buy later you shouldn't buy installed on the car as you'll be paying financing on top of the actual cost. That's why most cars come with pre-installed packages that can't be removed (+margin on the parts themselves).

CN: Finance the car, buy the exhaust with cash later.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Buy exhaust later with cash may save financing charge, but I will need to pay for labor to install it. Yeah?

Accessories are the biggest point of leverage in the haggling process. I got mine for the same price as the port price and they installed it for free. I didn't mind financing it as I got it 2k below sticker price as it is

Accessories are the biggest point of leverage in the haggling process. I got mine for the same price as the port price and they installed it for free. I didn't mind financing it as I got it 2k below sticker price as it is
    Don't understand the difference between 'port price' vs 'whatever price'. Didn't know there is a difference.

Don't understand the difference between 'port price' vs 'whatever price'. Didn't know there is a difference.
    Not sure if this helps, but after doing some reseach before ordering my WRX Limited I quickly found out there was very little wiggle room from the sticker price (some cars you can expect $1000-1500++ off sticker) but $500 was on the high end of discounts for the WRX, so I went in knowing that and instead ordered 4 different accessories totaling well over $1000 which I am not paying a penny for, they put it in as "included". I am perfectly happy with this deal

Also about port price (may be better explained as a "from factory" price), he might be referring to the sticker price before the accessories are added at the port. For example a base model with no accessories is about $25795 if I remember right, that would be the port price and they add the extras at the port.
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings
    Currently own 2008 Z51 Corvette/2012 Mazda 3 Sport hatch

SPT exhaust still can be installed at US ports. Cars are coming from ports with spt exhaust and sts shifter. The accessories are shown to you with MSRP price when you order. Say the SPT Exhaust usually priced at around $1140 or so. The dealer actually only pay $880 for it. It's the same with all accessories. The dealer should have a sheet given to them by Subaru of what MSRP and dealer cost are for everything. Ordering the accessories with the car doesn't cost you more than buying the parts later. If you order the parts after you get the car the dealer will charge you extra for installation in most case. When you order the car make sure everything is based on the price you agreed.

My order for example:
    We agreed on Dealer's Invoice + $200 for 2013 WRB Premium WRX. I wanted to have SPT Exhaust, STS, illumination kit, homelink, exhaust trim, wheel lock. The invoice for base wrx prem was around $27k (can't remember the exact number). The invoice on my Sold order was $28k something. I was not charged for installation or MSRP price for those options.

MSRP = Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price aka Sticker price
    Invoice = Dealer's Invoice (supposingly what dealer pays for but they do pay lower)
    Last edited by luan87us; 11-30-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
    SPT exhaust still can be installed at US ports. Cars are coming from ports with spt exhaust and sts shifter. The accessories are shown to you with MSRP price when you order. Say the SPT Exhaust usually priced at around $1140 or so. The dealer actually only pay $880 for it. It's the same with all accessories. The dealer should have a sheet given to them by Subaru of what MSRP and dealer cost are for everything. Ordering the accessories with the car doesn't cost you more than buying the parts later. If you order the parts after you get the car the dealer will charge you extra for installation in most case. When you order the car make sure everything is based on the price you agreed.

My order for example:
    We agreed on Dealer's Invoice + $200 for 2013 WRB Premium WRX. I wanted to have SPT Exhaust, STS, illumination kit, homelink, exhaust trim, wheel lock. The invoice for base wrx prem was around $27k (can't remember the exact number). The invoice on my Sold order was $28k something. I was not charged for installation or MSRP price for those options.

MSRP = Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price aka Sticker price
    Invoice = Dealer's Invoice (supposingly what dealer pays for but they do pay lower)
    You explained this very well. Thank you. This is exactly what I was asking in my previous post, if the dealer is telling me he can order for me using edmunds invoice prices, wouldn't it be good for me to order the accessories I want now instead of buying them after I get the car? For example, the illuminate kit is $30 base in edmunds invoice price. I am sure it's more than $30 if I get it later after I get the car, correct? Same goes for cargo tray and all weather mats, they are like $45 each on edmunds invoice price.

You explained this very well. Thank you. This is exactly what I was asking in my previous post, if the dealer is telling me he can order for me using edmunds invoice prices, wouldn't it be good for me to order the accessories I want now instead of buying them after I get the car? For example, the illuminate kit is $30 base in edmunds invoice price. I am sure it's more than $30 if I get it later after I get the car, correct? Same goes for cargo tray and all weather mats, they are like $45 each on edmunds invoice price.
    It's just depend on the type of accessories. Usually if you order it with the car the dealer will put it in and the whole thing will go off the invoice price (assuming you was working with him base on invoice price). Although some dealer will go off MSRP instead and add up the cost later. But I'm sure if you're ordering the car they're willing to work on it with you. Getting the accessories later usually end up adding price of accessories + installation cost unless you can install them yourself which might risk void warranty(spt exhaust).

I got my floor mats and cargo tray for $45 each OEM parts. That includes shipping. I also got the illumination kit for $35 I believe and just installed it myself for free. Don't want to risk some teenage idiot scratching up my car unless I have to.

I got my floor mats and cargo tray for $45 each OEM parts. That includes shipping. I also got the illumination kit for $35 I believe and just installed it myself for free. Don't want to risk some teenage idiot scratching up my car unless I have to.
    Mind sharing where you order these from?