2013 WRX / STI Orders - Page 34
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX / STI Orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by BostonWRX22 Copy and paste the break-in info into a doc and save it so you will have ...

Quote Originally Posted by BostonWRX22 View Post
    Copy and paste the break-in info into a doc and save it so you will have it when you get your car, but feel free to PM me as well
    Do you do an early oil change at ~20-50 mileds after you do the 8 steps? Or do you change the oil and then work on your break in?

My plan was to run Amsoil break in and change at 50 and 500, then have my first dealership oil change at 1k. My break in was going to be pretty much as you described with rpm variation to redline and engine braking early, then regular non-WOT driving until 1k.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
    I ordered 10/13 (so before you) and my order has been on HOLD since then. Got von instantly but 7 weeks and no progress.
    Are you on the East coast?

Quote Originally Posted by floods View Post
    Do you do an early oil change at ~20-50 mileds after you do the 8 steps? Or do you change the oil and then work on your break in?

My plan was to run Amsoil break in and change at 50 and 500, then have my first dealership oil change at 1k. My break in was going to be pretty much as you described with rpm variation to redline and engine braking early, then regular non-WOT driving until 1k.
    In a perfect world i'd say 50-100 miles or so is a great spot for your first oil change to rid your engine of any metal particles, then maybe 500 and then go normal increments after that.. I am skipping the first one because I think it's a bit overkill and do my first around 500-600 and then again around 3-4k.

And after I perform the 8 steps I will probably drive it moderately until after my 500 mile oil change after that everything is fair game
    Last edited by BostonWRX22; 11-28-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings
    Currently own 2008 Z51 Corvette/2012 Mazda 3 Sport hatch

Quote Originally Posted by floods View Post
    Are you on the East coast?
    No I'm on the West Coast. Utah to be exact. It just seems like my Dealer spent all their allotted WRX/STI for 2012 because they're having 10 in transit and 2 on lot. So I was pushed into 201301 allocation. The wait continues.

2013 WRB base sedan ordered. Only options are fog-light kit, deck lid spoiler, and STi short-throw shifter. Dealer said 8-10 weeks. So the wait begins

Quote Originally Posted by BoostMasterZero View Post
    2013 WRB base sedan ordered. Only options are fog-light kit, deck lid spoiler, and STi short-throw shifter. Dealer said 8-10 weeks. So the wait begins
    Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostMasterZero View Post
    Very cool, I also ordered a WRB sedan - I really hope you can get your car in 8-10 weeks, I am about to get mine on week 17 and most seem to be getting 4 months as an ETA.. Good luck!
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings
    Currently own 2008 Z51 Corvette/2012 Mazda 3 Sport hatch

Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    Congrats.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BostonWRX22 View Post
    Very cool, I also ordered a WRB sedan - I really hope you can get your car in 8-10 weeks, I am about to get mine on week 17 and most seem to be getting 4 months as an ETA.. Good luck!
    Damn, sorry to hear that man, hopefully production is starting to catch up with orders. The dealer said he didn't want to give their normal estimate of 6+ weeks and instead just wanted to be on the safe side and say 8-10 weeks. I'm just hoping to get the car by my birthday (late March), which hopefully happens. That would make one sweet birthday present to myself haha

for those who were on the fence about the SPT exhaust, why didnt you order your wrx with the stock exhaust, and order the SPT exhaust separate? it's the same price, regardless you order it to be installed on the car right? wouldnt doing this give you the option your wrx will come with the stock exhaust, and you can install the SPT on your own whenever? and if you dont like the SPT, you can swap it back to the stock one?

has anyone done this or you cannot do this?

I bought spt exhaust from the dealer and kept mg stock exhaust just in case

Quote Originally Posted by rurso01 View Post
    I bought spt exhaust from the dealer and kept mg stock exhaust just in case
    How much was it? Website shows $1019? Was install easy? Direct bolt-on?

I m worry if I do the install myself will it mess up the warranty?
    Last edited by luckyone.666; 11-29-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Just heard back from my dealer. They said the regional rep confirmed my car was on the next ship due in port the first part of Dec. So hopefully they get my car sometime the 2nd week of dec!!! Ordered 9/14

How much was it? Website shows $1019? Was install easy? Direct bolt-on?

I m worry if I do the install myself will it mess up the warranty?
    Mine was about that same price including installation. I'd much rather them do it and not screw it up. If they mess it up they can rectify the problem. If I screw it up its on me.

Quote Originally Posted by rurso01 View Post
    Mine was about that same price including installation. I'd much rather them do it and not screw it up. If they mess it up they can rectify the problem. If I screw it up its on me.
    Wait I am confused. So did you get your wrx with be stock exhaust, then later on walk into the dealer, purchase the spt exhaust, and had them install it, and kept the stock exhaust? I m kind of lost on what you did.

Wait I am confused. So did you get your wrx with be stock exhaust, then later on walk into the dealer, purchase the spt exhaust, and had them install it, and kept the stock exhaust? I m kind of lost on what you did.
    I bought the car stock and ordered the spot exhaust. When the exhaust came in 2 weeks after I got the car, I had them install it. The price you pay includes installation from what I understand. Did that help understand it?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.