2013 WRX / STI Orders - Page 33
Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX / STI Orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by Hank_VA After seeing that so many of you had done it, I decided to give SOA a ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hank_VA View Post
    After seeing that so many of you had done it, I decided to give SOA a call since I found the VON on a price sheet that my salesman gave me.

Looks like I have a VIN already and the cool SOA rep said I should have it by the end of the year....
    SOA called me back today and also said I'll have the car by the end of the year! She didn't have an exact ETA though.

Then I come home and receive an email from my dealership saying that it should be in second week of December (but she also says the ETA on the website sometimes changes a few times).

Date BASE hatch order: 11/11
    Possible ETA: 12/...?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BostonWRX22 View Post
    Just got the word, my car just hit the port! Should have it within a couple weeks. Ordered 8/11 -Should have it by 12/11 - 4 Frigging months...

I hope ur car will come soon bro. I'm halfway in my break in period lol
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    I hope ur car will come soon bro. I'm halfway in my break in period lol
    Ahh you are going by the book on the break in? It's such a heavily debated subject... I have been using this break-in procedure for my past 5 performance oriented vehicles and I have never had any engine issues and have always exceeded 1/4 mile times published in magazines and put up strong DYNO numbers..

For those who are interested this is what I will be doing, here is the procedure

1. Always bring engine to FULL operating temperature before high revs.
    2. Drive the car easy for the first 10 miles or so, varying the rpm's from 2,000 - 5,000.
    3. Then, start bringing the engine up to maximum rpm's and letting the engine bring the revs back down by coasting in gear (I prefer using 3rd gear, no more then 3/4ths throttle)
    4. Repeat several times in order to create maximum heat in the cylinders.
    5. Drive around at lower RPM's for several more miles (to cool pistons), remembering to vary the speed of the engine every couple of miles.
    6. Repeat number 3, 4 and 5.
    7. Park car and let the engine cool down at least 30 mins but overnight is ideal.
    8. Repeat all the above 2 more times.

After doing this I will probably keep away from WOT redline runs for still at least 100 miles or so just to be safe, afterall the break in procedure doesnt call for that either, just controlled accelerations/decelerations followed by cooldown peroids

The theory behind this method is the combination of allowing controlled heating and cooling cycles for the pistons to size themselves and performing engine breaks (otherwise known as vacuum pulls) to put heat and pressure on the rings to seal and seat them

But all things being equal, i'd say there is really no bad way to break in an engine unless you make a habit out of starting your car cold and start banging out redline runs at WOT before letting it get to normal operation temperature
    Last edited by BostonWRX22; 11-27-2012 at 09:12 PM.
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings
    Currently own 2008 Z51 Corvette/2012 Mazda 3 Sport hatch

Don't mean to be a buzzkill for anyone.. but I got stuck on a Feb order, but was lucky enough to find a better WRX than the one I ordered...

Take it seriously... take it with a grain of salt... just thought I'd post an FYI...

2013 WRX / STI Orders

Bostonwrx the motorman break in theory? I wanted to try it out with this car how does it work what's your experience with it. When you look all the info it makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by chutoyy View Post
    Take it seriously... take it with a grain of salt... just thought I'd post an FYI...
    Well we all have seen that announcement Subaru announced back in october about the 4 months waiting period. My salesman also comfirmed with me that the memo was sent to them about that as well. However he told me since I ordered before Subaru decided to do this my order shouldn't be affected. But with my current order status I can almost be sure I'm falling under that 4 months wait period. Oh well I'll make them give me more discount on the car for making me wait longer even though I know this car is well worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetro View Post
    Bostonwrx the motorman break in theory? I wanted to try it out with this car how does it work what's your experience with it. When you look all the info it makes perfect sense.
    Ya this is based of motoman's break-in method but adjusted a bit more for performance street cars as opposed to breaking in a race car engine (which means a bit less severe). I have done this method on a Mustang GT (my first attempt at it was with this car), a new 350z and my new Corvette over the past 8 years as well as a few others (Mazda 3 Sport and CX-7 Turbo). One of my more recent dynos was my Corvette which was stock at the time with about 3-4k miles was rated at 400hp/400tq from the factory put out around 365hp/365tq to the wheels.

I look at it this way, the driver's manual's break in method is for the 99.5% of the population that may never floor the gas pedal in thier car in it's lifetime. I floor my car probably 5+ times on my 5 mile commute to work.

PS. As for the time for delivery when it's all said and done, from order to delivery for me will be nearly 4 months to the day and I ordered Aug 11th
    Last edited by BostonWRX22; 11-28-2012 at 07:09 AM.
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings

2013 WRX / STI Orders

Boston pm me I def want to do this too mine when I get it.

I still have no vin or eta on mine if it is really going to be February I might back out and get one off the lot for a severe discount.

4 month wait for a order? That's pretty crazy...

Just read about the 4 mo delay and emailed my salesman. My order was placed (received VON) on 10/26, the current ETA is 12/12/12. I'm in Texas, so it will be coming in through Cali. Salesman confirmed that it had been loaded on a ship, but couldn't confirm if the ship had left Japan, so it should be in the December allocation.

Hope that helps give a little encouragement to those who ordered on the west coast or central around the time I did. It may be 4+ months but it also may not.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonWRX22 View Post
    1. Always bring engine to FULL operating temperature before high revs.
    2. Drive the car easy for the first 10 miles or so, varying the rpm's from 2,000 - 5,000.
    3. Then, start bringing the engine up to maximum rpm's and letting the engine bring the revs back down by coasting in gear (I prefer using 3rd gear, no more then 3/4ths throttle)
    4. Repeat several times in order to create maximum heat in the cylinders.
    5. Drive around at lower RPM's for several more miles (to cool pistons), remembering to vary the speed of the engine every couple of miles.
    6. Repeat number 3, 4 and 5.
    7. Park car and let the engine cool down at least 30 mins but overnight is ideal.
    8. Repeat all the above 2 more times.

After doing this I will probably keep away from WOT redline runs for still at least 100 miles or so just to be safe, afterall the break in procedure doesnt call for that either, just controlled accelerations/decelerations followed by cooldown peroids

The theory behind this method is the combination of allowing controlled heating and cooling cycles for the pistons to size themselves and performing engine breaks (otherwise known as vacuum pulls) to put heat and pressure on the rings to seal and seat them

But all things being equal, i'd say there is really no bad way to break in an engine unless you make a habit out of starting your car cold and start banging out redline runs at WOT before letting it get to normal operation temperature
    I think I am going to go with Boston's list of how to do the break in. I'll be going with his recommendation and then will do my best to not do any WOT until 1k.

Boston, do you recommend changing the oil at 1k? Or wait until the 1st scheduled service?

Quote Originally Posted by floods View Post
    Just read about the 4 mo delay and emailed my salesman. My order was placed (received VON) on 10/26, the current ETA is 12/12/12. I'm in Texas, so it will be coming in through Cali. Salesman confirmed that it had been loaded on a ship, but couldn't confirm if the ship had left Japan, so it should be in the December allocation.

Hope that helps give a little encouragement to those who ordered on the west coast or central around the time I did. It may be 4+ months but it also may not.
    I ordered 10/13 (so before you) and my order has been on HOLD since then. Got von instantly but 7 weeks and no progress.

I Support ClubWRX
    The break in procedure is indicated in the manual. Fuji Heavy Industries designed & built the car. They probably also know how to break it in.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank_VA View Post
    I think I am going to go with Boston's list of how to do the break in. I'll be going with his recommendation and then will do my best to not do any WOT until 1k.

Boston, do you recommend changing the oil at 1k? Or wait until the 1st scheduled service?
    I usually do my first oil change with a dura-blend around 500-600 miles and switch to full synthetic around 3000-4000 miles
    Last edited by BostonWRX22; 11-28-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetro View Post
    Boston pm me I def want to do this too mine when I get it.

I still have no vin or eta on mine if it is really going to be February I might back out and get one off the lot for a severe discount.
    Copy and paste the break-in info into a doc and save it so you will have it when you get your car, but feel free to PM me as well