2013 WRX / STI Orders - Page 3
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 722

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX / STI Orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by 00TypeR1071 That is

,334 more than I was quoted on the exact same car. Seems high to ...

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by 00TypeR1071 View Post
    That is $1,334 more than I was quoted on the exact same car. Seems high to me.
    Well it says you are located in chicago, so I wouldn't be surprised of price differences across the country.

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    24500 + TTL is the best I got so far for a base 5dr. That's destination fee included.

    What you guys think?
    I'd say go for it.

    My quotes so far have been

    $25,129, $25,317 and $30,277. All for base 5dr. California is an expensive state to live in... (assuming your in CA as well).

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by fr_awd View Post
    Well it says you are located in chicago, so I wouldn't be surprised of price differences across the country.



    I'd say go for it.

    My quotes so far have been

    $25,129, $25,317 and $30,277. All for base 5dr. California is an expensive state to live in... (assuming your in CA as well).
    Did you seriously get a quote for $30,277 on a base WRX? I got my 13'GT for much less than that. That is absolutely insane. Please tell me you gave them the finger and strutted that ass out the door.

  4. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    Did you seriously get a quote for $30,277 on a base WRX? I got my 13'GT for much less than that. That is absolutely insane. Please tell me you gave them the finger and strutted that ass out the door.
    LOL,Yes I did. Note that all those quotes were through email and I seriously considering typing up a response that was totally unprofessional. I'm pretty sure it will be different once I walk in and talk in person. I just wanted to get feel for which dealers I should drive to this weekend. I am definitely not going to the one that quoted me $30,277.

  5. #34
    Registered User 00TypeR1071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    176
    [QUOTE=fr_awd;2925084]Well it says you are located in chicago, so I wouldn't be surprised of price differences across the country.

    You are absolutely right. I'm not sure about California but we do have quite few Subaru dealers in the area and they are pretty competivtive.

    I do have to mention that we do get killed with 9.5% tax here in Chicago! Yikes!
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

  6. #35
    Registered User KenBeanNet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Glenside, PA
    Posts
    83
    [QUOTE=00TypeR1071;2925187]
    Quote Originally Posted by fr_awd View Post
    Well it says you are located in chicago, so I wouldn't be surprised of price differences across the country.

    You are absolutely right. I'm not sure about California but we do have quite few Subaru dealers in the area and they are pretty competivtive.

    I do have to mention that we do get killed with 9.5% tax here in Chicago! Yikes!
    Hopefully you have a trade in to bring the sales tax down. Your right, almost 10% is effing NUTS!

  7. #36
    Registered User 00TypeR1071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    176
    [QUOTE=KenBeanNet;2925305]
    Quote Originally Posted by 00TypeR1071 View Post

    Hopefully you have a trade in to bring the sales tax down. Your right, almost 10% is effing NUTS!
    I'm trading in my 2012 WRX Sedan so I will only pay about $90 in tax this time.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

  8. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    [QUOTE=00TypeR1071;2925345]
    Quote Originally Posted by KenBeanNet View Post

    I'm trading in my 2012 WRX Sedan so I will only pay about $90 in tax this time.

    How much did you lose on the original tax you paid?

  9. #38
    Registered User 00TypeR1071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    176
    [QUOTE=luckyone.666;2925347]
    Quote Originally Posted by 00TypeR1071 View Post


    How much did you lose on the original tax you paid?
    I lost $500 on the value of the car + $47 in paid taxes.
    I might as well pick up a new car every year!
    I figure you lose about $7-10k if you keep the car for 5-6 years so might as well spent $1500 every year and drive a brand new car all the time.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

  10. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    296
    [QUOTE=00TypeR1071;2925345]
    Quote Originally Posted by KenBeanNet View Post

    I'm trading in my 2012 WRX Sedan so I will only pay about $90 in tax this time.
    Youre trading in a 12' for a 13' ? That's quite the upgrade.

  11. #40
    Registered User 00TypeR1071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    176
    [QUOTE=Rex_Harrison;2925394]
    Quote Originally Posted by 00TypeR1071 View Post

    Youre trading in a 12' for a 13' ? That's quite the upgrade.
    Yeah, that's what I wrote above.
    Getting a 2013 hatch and what can I say, I like them NEW and FRESH.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

  12. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    296
    [QUOTE=00TypeR1071;2925400]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post

    Yeah, that's what I wrote above.
    Getting a 2013 hatch and what can I say, I like them NEW and FRESH.
    k

    You must also like being in debt and having an insurance rate that will never go
    down.

  13. #42
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,954
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm curious...do most people these days just assume that they'll never actually own the car? Not meant as a criticism..just a different philosophy from how I was raised. I'm old fashioned, and look forward to having title to my car, house, etc.

    [QUOTE=00TypeR1071;2925390]
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    I figure you lose about $7-10k if you keep the car for 5-6 years so might as well spent $1500 every year and drive a brand new car all the time.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  14. #43
    Registered User 00TypeR1071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    176
    [QUOTE=Rex_Harrison;2925408]
    Quote Originally Posted by 00TypeR1071 View Post
    k

    You must also like being in debt and having an insurance rate that will never go
    down.
    Why do you assume I'm in debt?
    I actually pay less insurance on a new car then a used one, $81/month full coverage on my 2012 WRX. I guess that is the beauty of being over 25 and married!
    ...and I don't mind spending $1000 a year so I can drive a brand new car. I'm not rich by all means but $1000 is a drop in a bucket compared to what I spend on vacation, entertainment, etc... It is all about keeping the right balance between what you make and spend. Work hard and play hard is what I live by!

    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'm curious...do most people these days just assume that they'll never actually own the car? Not meant as a criticism..just a different philosophy from how I was raised. I'm old fashioned, and look forward to having title to my car, house, etc.
    Unfortunately that seems to be the case with many people in this country. I hate having loans and I do avoid them at all cost and I can't wait for the day that my house will be paid off.... but on the other hand I will not put every $ I make towards my mortgage. Life is short and I do want to enjoy it a little.
    Last edited by 00TypeR1071; 08-17-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

  15. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    296
    I only drive about 2-3k miles a year and the thought of having to break in a new car every year kinda makes me queezy . But I guess you don't have to break them in properly if you aren't going to keep it more than a year right?

    I assume you're in debt because a. Most people don't buy cars with cash money

    b. You have a mortgage

  16. #45
    Registered User 00TypeR1071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    I only drive about 2-3k miles a year and the thought of having to break in a new car every year kinda makes me queezy . But I guess you don't have to break them in properly if you aren't going to keep it more than a year right?

    I assume you're in debt because a. Most people don't buy cars with cash money

    b. You have a mortgage
    I guess that makes sense as I probably wouldn't be trading in a car with 2-3k miles either. I drive around 12k miles a year so that has a tendency to add up.
    Good assumptions and unfortunately they do apply to majority of the poeple in this country.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •