2013 WRX / STI Orders - Page 29
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX / STI Orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; dealer i bought mine from told me today that shipments went from 8 weeks ETA to 16 weeks just announced. ...

dealer i bought mine from told me today that shipments went from 8 weeks ETA to 16 weeks just announced. I was there for service and he mentioned that to me. Take it for what its worth.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'll add another FWIW to this thread. At the 8 week mark on my order I was still being told December for delivery, then two weeks ago I E-mailed the dealer and they said ETA had been moved up to Nov 26, then on Friday (Nov. 16th) the dealer calls me and says the car just came in on a truck the night before. Other than the VON I received on the day I ordered it, I had never received any E-mails from Subaru, a VIN or anything else. Here's to hoping that all of you get a nice surprise in the next few weeks.

Also, to those tracking ships, I'll add some other potentially useless info. My window sticker said the port mine came through was Richmond. I'm in Texas, so I'm not sure if it that's Richmond California and then it came East, or Richmond Virginia and it came West. If it was California, I could potentially see that cutting a few weeks off the time. Maybe Sandy just backlogged everything (not just cars) coming into the East.

Anyone heard anything about their NW/Seattle orders? I ordered on 9/30, have a VON but the dealer and SOA have no additional details. Looks like a lot of "in transit" cars have shown up on dealers sites in the last couple days. I ordered a base hatch in dark grey with a short throw, rack and floor mats.

Good to hear that some orders are actually coming in early as opposed to ontime or late. I hope us guys in the west coast have a little advantage....being closer to Japan. You'd think that it would be faster to get to the west coast (SoCal).

Quote Originally Posted by Crochese View Post
    Also, to those tracking ships, I'll add some other potentially useless info. My window sticker said the port mine came through was Richmond. I'm in Texas, so I'm not sure if it that's Richmond California and then it came East, or Richmond Virginia and it came West. If it was California, I could potentially see that cutting a few weeks off the time. Maybe Sandy just backlogged everything (not just cars) coming into the East.
    It's Richmond California. Read the 3rd paragraph, in the history section.

Port of Richmond (California) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Mark

2013 WR Blue WRX Hatchback in the garage

FYI, for those who think their orders are being processed and delivered quickly its really not happening the way you think. What happens is that the model you ordered (usually a plain Jane model such as a popular color base model WRX etc with little or no accessories) matches a car already being shipped and gets earmarked for you instead of being a random car ordered to sell on a lot. It makes more sense to have a car on a ship that has already been sold. If you order a limited or some special options chances are you WILL be waiting like I have been (14 weeks, 2 days and counting, dealer "thinks" my ship is porting Dec 3rd but I don't believe anything they say anymore, I was supposed to be an October allocation)
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings
    Currently own 2008 Z51 Corvette/2012 Mazda 3 Sport hatch

Quote Originally Posted by BostonWRX22 View Post
    FYI, for those who think their orders are being processed and delivered quickly its really not happening the way you think. What happens is that the model you ordered (usually a plain Jane model such as a popular color base model WRX etc with little or no accessories) matches a car already being shipped and gets earmarked for you instead of being a random car ordered to sell on a lot. It makes more sense to have a car on a ship that has already been sold. If you order a limited or some special options chances are you WILL be waiting like I have been (14 weeks, 2 days and counting, dealer "thinks" my ship is porting Dec 3rd but I don't believe anything they say anymore, I was supposed to be an October allocation)
    That is how Subaru ordering system works. They build all cars as base, premium, limited and each trim has a certain number of production each allocation. If you order and your dealer lucky enough to have enough allocation to fit your order in they will put a matching car into the pipeline to fulfill your order. It's actually doesn't matter about the accessories because most are done at port after your order is fulfilled. Although in your situation I think Navigation is what holding up your order as it has been reported the Nav HU are backordered.

My dealership has had 4 limited WRXs and 3 Sti limiteds (5 of 7 with nav) on order now since they were taking 2013 orders, mine being one of them. The sales manager told me last week's delivery had a guy's Impreza on it that he had ordered back in April with some "funky" options. But I do agree, we believe the nav is one of the main factors of the delay. If I knew the nav would of caused this I would of pocketed the $1000 and installed a sick Nav+audio system in my car when I got it.
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings

Quote Originally Posted by BostonWRX22 View Post
    My dealership has had 4 limited WRXs and 3 Sti limiteds (5 of 7 with nav) on order now since they were taking 2013 orders, mine being one of them. The sales manager told me last week's delivery had a guy's Impreza on it that he had ordered back in April with some "funky" options. But I do agree, we believe the nav is one of the main factors of the delay. If I knew the nav would of caused this I would of pocketed the $1000 and installed a sick Nav+audio system in my car when I got it.

I feel ya, I ordered a limited too but settled for a premium. I don't care for the leather and HiDs anymore.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Well I just picked up a rental car and I will have it for at least the next 2 weeks (I actually rented a pretty sweet 2012 Nissan Maxima) so I am happy for now. I couldn't subject my Corvette to the daily traffic and pothole grind into work anymore and I need to put it away for the winter before it snows. So now I am just trying to wait for the Dec 3rd ship and not think about the car anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    I feel ya, I ordered a limited too but settled for a premium. I don't care for the leather and HiDs anymore.
    Leather seats suck in the summer lol. I have leather right now on my Acura and my butt and back are sweating even with AC on in the summer here.

Quote Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
    Leather seats suck in the summer lol. I have leather right now on my Acura and my butt and back are sweating even with AC on in the summer here.
    Ya, damn those leather seats, they are such a nuisance, I don't understand how millions of people spend extra money to have it in thier car........

Is that a sarcasm? lol can't tell. But after sitting on leather for the past 5 years I can say I prefer cloth seat. Although it would suck because cloth seat absorbs sweat and can smell over time.

I Support ClubWRX
    The issue with the leather seats is that once it gets cold the creaking noise will drive you nuts.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I called SOA today and they gave me a VON, and told me an ETA of December 17. Are these ETA's really within a few weeks, or could it be pushed back by months possibly? Edit: just found out I have a VIN as well.
    Last edited by rubitosubi; 11-19-2012 at 03:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.