2013 WRX / STI Orders - Page 20
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX / STI Orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by BostonWRX22 My wait will be 10 weeks tomorrow, the only clues I have so far from the ...

Quote Originally Posted by BostonWRX22 View Post
    My wait will be 10 weeks tomorrow, the only clues I have so far from the dealer is this:

they come in at the Davisville, RI port
    My car is in the October allotment
    Just noticed today the dealership website shows 8 WRXs "IN TRANSIT" (mine was not on the website cuz I would think its already sold)- I asked the sales manager what "IN TRANSIT" means concidering I would assume my car would be in the same batch and he said his best guess is 2-4 weeks

Where on the dealership website should I look for the "in transit" cars. I noticed all subaru websites are set up the same
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    Where on the dealership website should I look for the "in transit" cars. I noticed all subaru websites are set up the same
    Not sure if the 2013 WRX filter I linked will stay when you click it, but here's the link

CLICK HERE

Shows 10 WRXs in the inventory, of those 10, 8 are "in transit" 2 are in stock.
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings
    Currently own 2008 Z51 Corvette/2012 Mazda 3 Sport hatch

Not sure if the 2013 WRX filter I linked will stay when you click it, but here's the link

CLICK HERE

Shows 10 WRXs in the inventory, of those 10, 8 are "in transit" 2 are in stock.

I saw it dude, your dealer seems like a pretty busy one. My dealer doesn't have a single one on its website wth? Lol
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I received my VIN last week, and now my dealership is showing my car "IN TRANSIT" on their website. Seems like its not far off. When they classify it "in transit" what does that typically mean - just that its on the boat? Or does it mean its literally on its way from the dock to the dealership?

Future 2013 WRX Sedan Owner

Quote Originally Posted by JRod1984 View Post
    I received my VIN last week, and now my dealership is showing my car "IN TRANSIT" on their website. Seems like its not far off. When they classify it "in transit" what does that typically mean - just that its on the boat? Or does it mean its literally on its way from the dock to the dealership?
    So after endless hours of reseach (bored at work this week) and digging thru shipping logs and dozens of different car carrier ship itinaries online and tracking for a few days, I am 99% sure the ship with the Subarus on it destined for Davisville, RI has just docked in Baltimore this evening. Next stop is RI. I am thinking after shipping, port processing and trucking my car should be on my dealer's lot by late next week to mid the following week.

PS: There is also an outside chance that another car carrier planning on porting in RI tonight/early morning could have the Subarus, but I think it more likely a Kia or Mazda ship. I will know when I see through my tracking which processing facility it ports at since there is only 1 in RI that does SUbarus (don't ask how I know all this, I know too much, and my wife thinks I am nuts lol)
    Last edited by BostonWRX22; 10-21-2012 at 07:25 PM.
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings

[QUOTE=PS: There is also an outside chance that another car carrier planning on porting in RI tonight/early morning could have the Subarus, but I think it more likely a Kia or Mazda ship. I will know when I see through my tracking which processing facility it ports at since there is only 1 in RI that does SUbarus (don't ask how I know all this, I know too much, and my wife thinks I am nuts lol)[/QUOTE]

Haha, your persistence is great, makes me feel a little better about how much I've bugged my dealer. Hopefully mine is on that shipment, although my dealer said my car was coming in next month allocation, and there was an allocation slated to arrive end of this month, which is what yours might be on.

Haha, your persistence is great, makes me feel a little better about how much I've bugged my dealer. Hopefully mine is on that shipment, although my dealer said my car was coming in next month allocation, and there was an allocation slated to arrive end of this month, which is what yours might be on.
    Well the one thing I do know is that I am in the October allocation, that is the only real information the dealer has provided me, other then that they seemed to know NOTHING. That's why I had to play detective, not knowing whats going on makes me crazy but I now feel like I got a grip on it..

You can also file this under the "I know too much" file. If you are on the Nov allocation, a ship has left Yokohama heading for the first stop of Virgina 4-5 days ago and is mid pacific ocean right now. That's probably the Nov allocation for Subaru for east coast, probably be in port in 2-3 weeks in RI
    Last edited by BostonWRX22; 10-21-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Just got word that my car is on the the dealerships "master lot" and will be in within 2 weeks. Just FYI - I ordered it on 9/10

Just got word that my car is on the the dealerships "master lot" and will be in within 2 weeks. Just FYI - I ordered it on 9/10
    Well my dealership is about 80 mins from the RI port, your location days Milford, CT so your are about 90 mins from the port so I would assume they are on the same ship. This makes perfect sense because one of the 2 ships I figured my car was on just docked at 5am this morning at the Subaru processing yard (NORADinc). So this seems to add up perfectly, lets see if my dealership notifies me like yours did, I am guessing no.
    Last edited by BostonWRX22; 10-22-2012 at 08:42 AM.

I meant to say "master list" not "lot". I am not sure about which port it is, the dealer is in Milford, CT, so I'm sure its the RI port.

I meant to say "master list" not "lot". I am not sure about which port it is, the dealer is in Milford, CT, so I'm sure its the RI port.
    Pretty much means the same thing at this point in the game.. So 5 days of processing at the facility and trucking will probably start next Monday. I would put my money on the car being on the dealership lot next Tues or Weds. I might call Subaru tomorrow and see if they can confirm this

yea - the dealer sent me an email saying 2 weeks, and that was this morning. He's probably just saying that to be safe though - I would imagine your time frame is closer to being realistic. Damn - 5 days of processing!!!

Well I am getting really annoyed, I just called the dealership to attempt to confirm the delivery and the shipment was Subaru's, but not my car. He said mine is supposed to be on the next ship (2 ships were needed because he said the Subaru plant was backed up). But the ship I thought had my car mine on it all along is the one that is finishing up the drop in Baltimore right now (the Rigel Leader). So if that ship heads to Davisville next and ports at NORADinc it HAS to be the one with my car on it. Otherwise I won't see my car for another month. This is rediculas. 10 weeks, 3 days and nobody even has any idea where or what ship my car is on. My friend ordered from the same dealership earlier in the year and he was already driving his car by this time.

This is the very last time I order a car from Japan. At least the German cars for the most part come in 4-6 weeks
    Last edited by BostonWRX22; 10-22-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Well I am getting really annoyed, I just called the dealership to attempt to confirm the delivery and the shipment was Subaru's, but not my car. He said mine is supposed to be on the next ship (2 ships were needed because he said the Subaru plant was backed up). But the ship I thought had my car mine on it all along is the one that is finishing up the drop in Baltimore right now (the Rigel Leader). So if that ship heads to Davisville next and ports at NORADinc it HAS to be the one with my car on it. Otherwise I won't see my car for another month. This is rediculas. 10 weeks, 3 days and nobody even has any idea where or what ship my car is on. My friend ordered from the same dealership earlier in the year and he was already driving his car by this time.

This is the very last time I order a car from Japan. At least the German cars for the most part come in 4-6 weeks
    I feel ya bro. I'm 8 weeks and 4 days. I'm ready to just go to a dealer that has one and just drive off.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    I feel ya bro. I'm 8 weeks and 4 days. I'm ready to just go to a dealer that has one and just drive off.
    If I didn't work out with the dealership to pay for my 3 accessories (Nav, Short throw shifter and Diming mirror) and the fact that Limited WRX models are fairly rare as it is and finding one in World Rally blue would be very very hard to find I would get my deposit back and buy one off a lot somewhere. My SUV's lease goes back Nov 7th and its my daily driver, and if I don't have my car by then I will be forced to commute into work thru traffic and horrible boston pot holes with My Corvette till it comes in, in November. I will have to really think about just buying one off a lot and getting my deposit back if I don't at least hear it's in port by the following weekend the lease goes back.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.