2013 WRX / STI Orders - Page 2
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX / STI Orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by luckyone.666 wow ,795? thats awesome low right??!! turbo gauge? i dont see this option on the option ...

Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    wow $23,795? thats awesome low right??!!

turbo gauge? i dont see this option on the option page, maybe i missed that
    I didn't get the boost guage but I'm debating about it now. I have heard that there were some issues with them in 2011. Not sure if those issues were fixed for 2012 and later? hmmmm
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ricktalife View Post
    If you mean a catback only, then it's just going to make more noise. Though I'm sure it will sound good so I wouldn't complain. The short shifter would be nice to have, since IMO the stock shifter is pretty tall and sloppy. A boost gauge really isn't necessary on a stock car, but it certainly doesn't hurt.
    I got the SPF Exhaust upgrade, around 1,000$. I was told it would sound more clean and powerful. I also plan on getting a blow off valve, but I haven't got any information on which yet. Still a bit far away.

Quote Originally Posted by KenBeanNet View Post
    I got the SPF Exhaust upgrade, around 1,000$. I was told it would sound more clean and powerful. I also plan on getting a blow off valve, but I haven't got any information on which yet. Still a bit far away.
    Ahh okay. I don't know if that includes a downpipe or not, but if so then you would probably want a tune. I wouldn't get a blow off valve. You would only need to think about upgrade the valve if you were pushing more boost and even then a bypass valve is a better choice because it recirculates the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricktalife View Post
    Ahh okay. I don't know if that includes a downpipe or not, but if so then you would probably want a tune. I wouldn't get a blow off valve. You would only need to think about upgrade the valve if you were pushing more boost and even then a bypass valve is a better choice because it recirculates the air.

Rick,

I dont mean to be blunt, but I don't follow. Please know I have very, very little knowledge on cars. My current 05 WRX has a blowoff valve that is pretty cool. It does a little sound, which is what I want. I assume you mean I can tune the exhaust, but do I need to? I was hoping the upgrade from Subaru would be enough.

I Support ClubWRX
    A catback (exhaust has been changed from the last catalytic converter back to the tailpipe) is simply a sound mod, no tune necessary. A downpipe (which replaces one of the cats, and is a performance mod, and is part of what people call a "turboback" exhaust) will need a tune to work properly.

You should probably look at the mountain of info on this site about BOV's..many believe that it's not a great idea.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

The lowest price quote I got in the San Francisco Bay Area was $25,129 invoice ('13 wrx base model, 5 door, 5 mt) from Larry at Carlsen Subaru. He said in the past he typically would go lower than invoice, but due to low allocation, the GM of the dealer set the price at invoice.
    Last edited by fr_awd; 08-16-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fr_awd View Post
    The lowest price quote I got in the San Francisco Bay Area was $25,129 invoice from Larry at Carlsen Subaru. He said in the past he typically would go lower than invoice, but due to low allocation, the GM of the dealer set the price at invoice.
    For a what model and trim?

For a what model and trim?
    5 door, 5mt base model.

Quote Originally Posted by fr_awd View Post
    5 door, 5mt base model.
    So Larry from Carlsen quoted you $25,129 + tax/fees for a 5dr hatchback base model, with no add-on options?

Did you order it?

So Larry from Carlsen quoted you $25,129 + tax/fees for a 5dr hatchback base model, with no add-on options?

Did you order it?
    Not yet cause of work (we talked through email). Probably tomorrow or sat I'll head down to discuss it.

Banned

Did you order it?
    Yes Larry from Carlsen gave him a $25,129 quote for a 5dr/5mt base WRX with no options. Do you think he ordered it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    Yes Larry from Carlsen gave him a $25,129 quote for a 5dr/5mt base WRX with no options. Do you think he ordered it?
    That is $1,334 more than I was quoted on the exact same car. Seems high to me.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

I'm glad this thread exists so now I don't have to feel like I'm a total noob.

Damn you kids and your 2013s! Back in 2012 we had to walk to the dealership 4 hours in the snow, uphill, both ways!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Got an email from Subaru of Puyallup that the ordering period has started today, just need to shop around with dealers over the next couple days and I'll be putting in the order. Getting a 5-door Premium in WR Blue with the short throw shifter. The best quote I've gotten so far in Seattle is invoice, but I'm working on several dealers to see if I can get it for less.

24500 + TTL is the best I got so far for a base 5dr. That's destination fee included.

What you guys think?