2013 WRX / STI Orders - Page 19
Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX / STI Orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by JRod1984 I called the dealer I bought the car from and he had never even heard of ...

Quote Originally Posted by JRod1984 View Post
    I called the dealer I bought the car from and he had never even heard of a "VON". He said he'd look into it... This makes me nervous
    SubaruNE works differently than the rest of continental US, they don't use VON. Heard a lot of this while I've been waiting.

I got my VIN # today, car is on the boat and should be delivered 10/29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Californicater View Post
    SubaruNE works differently than the rest of continental US, they don't use VON. Heard a lot of this while I've been waiting.

I got my VIN # today, car is on the boat and should be delivered 10/29.

Hey there, I ordered my WRX Limited from Cityside Subaru in the Boston Area and the port of entry is Davisville, RI and as of this past Monday no new information except that my car is in the October allotment. Are you expecting your car from the RI port as well? Because our cars should be on the same car carrier (also I got a VON number for the car the day I ordered it on Aug 11th).

Hopefully you are expecting the car from RI and the 10/29 date is the date I have been waiting to hear.. I even been trolling marinetraffic.com for GENCO (GENCO is the 3rd party logistics company that Subaru uses to ship cars) car carriers to see if any of them have Davisville, RI as a destination
    Last edited by BostonWRX22; 10-18-2012 at 07:01 AM.
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings
    Currently own 2008 Z51 Corvette/2012 Mazda 3 Sport hatch

Ordered my '13 STi Limited with Spt exhaust on 8/15
    Picked it up 10/16.
    Man does the Spt exhaust sound better than stock

Quote Originally Posted by jrb5783 View Post
    Picked it up 10/16.
    How much additional is that SPT exhuast??

Also, where do you guys go for your SPT parts? I've been to the regular SPT website, apparently all of those mods are only up to the 2011 WRXs?

Future 2013 WRX Sedan Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jrb5783 View Post
    Picked it up 10/16.
    Where are you in the US? I ordering mine on 8/11 and I have not heard a word about the where-abouts of my car, except for the possibility that the ship may port on 10/29 but I am waiting to hear from Californicator who said this and said North East area
    Picked up 12/7/2012 --> 2013 Wrx Limited 4-dr WRB w/Nav+Short throw+Auto Dim Mirror+Body side moldings

Quote Originally Posted by BostonWRX22 View Post
    Where are you in the US? I ordering mine on 8/11 and I have not heard a word about the where-abouts of my car, except for the possibility that the ship may port on 10/29 but I am waiting to hear from Californicator who said this and said North East area
    I'm in the pittsburgh area

And the spt exhaust was $1000 option that i think is worth if you don't plan on putting an aftermarket exhaust on.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just sayin, for $1000 for the SPT + the finance charge you pay, there are a lot better options out there.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

i don't disagree with you but I don't want any warranty problems yet though I doubt I'll ever have a claim but better safe than sorry.

I Support ClubWRX

Re: 2013 WRX / STI Orders

Just remember that the exhaust has to be added at the time of ordering to be included in the warranty. If the exhaust is added after you take delivery, it is considered as an aftermarket part even if it is the SPT.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I picked my car up at the dealer with it on so I'm in the clear

I ordered mine 8/23 and today was 8 weeks so i emailed my dealer asking if there was any news about my car and if there was a VON. im from NJ and this is what he replied

"It wasn't on October's Allocation sheet so I do not have a VIN/VAN number for the vehicle. We should be getting November's sheet within the next two weeks. Once that arrives I'll inform you of when we should be expecting your car. I'm sorry its been this delayed. Generally the 8-12 week window is on the shorter end. But that order was accepted so for now its still the agonizing waiting game."

Anybody else live in nj and did not get a VON? So I guess I shouldn't expect the car to come this month?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    I ordered mine 8/23 and today was 8 weeks so i emailed my dealer asking if there was any news about my car and if there was a VON. im from NJ and this is what he replied

"It wasn't on October's Allocation sheet so I do not have a VIN/VAN number for the vehicle. We should be getting November's sheet within the next two weeks. Once that arrives I'll inform you of when we should be expecting your car. I'm sorry its been this delayed. Generally the 8-12 week window is on the shorter end. But that order was accepted so for now its still the agonizing waiting game."

Anybody else live in nj and did not get a VON? So I guess I shouldn't expect the car to come this month?
    I'm in NJ, ordered 10/2. From what I can gather from all of the various order threads is that Jersey does not use VONs (I could be wrong). It's early for me so I haven't called to confirm this, gonna wait until the 5 week mark to see if I get any kind of order identification number.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Just remember that the exhaust has to be added at the time of ordering to be included in the warranty. If the exhaust is added after you take delivery, it is considered as an aftermarket part even if it is the SPT.
    I think this may be up to the dealer because we honor all SPT parts under warranty even if you added it after the fact. I have a question for you guys, if its been less than 6-8 weeks why are you trying to track your car? Its not late yet, and you're really just wasting your time as you can see from experiences in this thread, the info given most of the time is incorrect anyway and almost everyone's car shows up in 8 weeks. Not bashing you guys, Guys like Jsantos have a legit concern. I'm just trying to understand what everyone who just ordered is so worried about?
    Last edited by rexxx0486; 10-19-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    I think this may be up to the dealer because we honor all SPT parts under warranty even if you added it after the fact. I have a question for you guys, if its been less than 6-8 weeks why are you trying to track your car? Its not late yet, and you're really just wasting your time as you can see from experiences in this thread, the info given most of the time is incorrect anyway. Not bashing you guys, just trying to understand what everyone is so worried about.
    My wait will be 10 weeks tomorrow, the only clues I have so far from the dealer is this:

they come in at the Davisville, RI port
    My car is in the October allotment
    Just noticed today the dealership website shows 8 WRXs "IN TRANSIT" (mine was not on the website cuz I would think its already sold)- I asked the sales manager what "IN TRANSIT" means concidering I would assume my car would be in the same batch and he said his best guess is 2-4 weeks

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes I totally get that, you should absolutely be following up at that point. I'm wondering if they sold your original car and re ordered it at that point. We're really not experienceing delays like that right now so something sounds fishy... I meant the guys who just ordered and are trying to get a VON on week 1...
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html