2013 WRX / STI Orders - Page 18
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX / STI Orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Haha word. I guess my 03 Ford Focus will have to suffice... pffff...

Haha word. I guess my 03 Ford Focus will have to suffice... pffff

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Yes it is normal. Your car will be in in aproximately 1-3 weeks and your dealer won't know squat until a week to 2 days out.
    So would there be any reason the dealer would ever want to delay? I feel like the guy I ordered my car from is avoiding me. You'd probably have a better idea since you are a dealer

JRod,

First thing, call your Subaru dealer and get your VON (Not your VIN). If they ordered your car, this would be available probably 1 week after your purchase. With this number, call Subaru customer service department, you can find it on the website (Its in NJ). With that number, call up and ask for a status update. They have "traveler" codes which are then used to determine the local. It takes a few calls to get someone with some information at NJ, but if you get lucky, they can look right then and there to find out where it is, and if it has an ETA yet.

July 2005 - WRX 2005 Limited - Sold for 12,500$ at 68k.
    August 2012 - STI 2013 Limited - Arrived October 19th

Quote Originally Posted by KenBeanNet View Post
    JRod,

First thing, call your Subaru dealer and get your VON (Not your VIN). If they ordered your car, this would be available probably 1 week after your purchase. With this number, call Subaru customer service department, you can find it on the website (Its in NJ). With that number, call up and ask for a status update. They have "traveler" codes which are then used to determine the local. It takes a few calls to get someone with some information at NJ, but if you get lucky, they can look right then and there to find out where it is, and if it has an ETA yet.
    Thanks man - I'll get on that

My $.02: Ordered a 2013 WRX wagon (silver, wife already has grey) on 10-11-12, told "6 to 8 weeks" by my local dealer. We purchased a 2010 WRX DGM wagon from the same dealer and were told the same thing, it arrived 4 weeks later. Agree with earlier posts regarding obtaining VON (which my delaer doesn't have yet) and following up with Subaru national re: ETA about 3 weeks after ordering. Worth the wait, and gives me time to mull over and research performance objectives with my tuner and slowly part with my beloved 2004 WRX wagon before trading it in. My inner child doesn't accept any of this and wants his new toy now ;-)

If your dealer does not have a VON, it means they did not put in your order yet. Once your order is fully placed with Subaru, then the VON becomes accessible. If its not available it means they did not order it yet with Subaru and are waiting.

July 2005 - WRX 2005 Limited - Sold for 12,500$ at 68k.
    August 2012 - STI 2013 Limited - Arrived October 19th

If your dealer does not have a VON, it means they did not put in your order yet. Once your order is fully placed with Subaru, then the VON becomes accessible. If its not available it means they did not order it yet with Subaru and are waiting.
    I called the dealer I bought the car from and he had never even heard of a "VON". He said he'd look into it... This makes me nervous

Future 2013 WRX Sedan Owner

Quote Originally Posted by JRod1984 View Post
    I called the dealer I bought the car from and he had never even heard of a "VON". He said he'd look into it... This makes me nervous
    Hey JRod1984 I got my VON on the day I ordered the car and that was on 9/28. I proceeded to call SOA for a VIN about 12 days later and they didn't have one yet, which is normal. If your dealer doesn't know what a VON is then there is something seriously wrong. I personally hope you get your car on time so you can can enjoy it. I'm going to be a first time owner too and I can't wait! It's literally killing a part of me to wait but until I get my car I'm stocking up on accessories. GL with your deal and hopefully everything works out.

I placed my order on 10/2 and have been reading every forum I can since then. From what I can tell different "regions" do things differently. Some regions do not have VONs and others get VONs and then a VIN when the car is complete. Others get nothing at all until the truck is on it's way to the dealership.

I ordered from Clayton at Ramsey Subaru in NJ I haven't asked him for a VON yet but I pretty sure the NJ region does not get VONs when you order either.

Keep in mind the salesmen wants the sale too, so they are not purposely going to screw up your order.

Looking to get a 2013 hatch-premium. I was offered $27,500 by a dealer for one with short throw, auto-dim mirror, and bumper cover. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on this. From what I have read this is pretty good. Not sure if this is the right thread to mention this on, but wanted to get some other buyers inputs.Thanks!

Appreciate the input. The explanation I got from my dealer yesterday (Oct. 16) regarding the VON for the WRX I ordered on Oct. 11 is that the vehicle was ordered on Oct. 12, however the system updates the prior week's purchases early the following week, meaning he doesn't get a VON when the ordered is placed, it has to be verified prior to being issued a VON by Subaru. Obviously, I'd be pretty bummed if I was straight up lied to; for now I'm going to give the dealer, who we've done business with before, the benefit of the doubt prior to investigating further.

Quote Originally Posted by 00TypeR1071 View Post
    Just got an email from my dealer saying that my car will be here on the 17th.
    Just got an email from my dealer that my car just arrived this morning. I will pick it up today after work.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by 00TypeR1071 View Post
    Just got an email from my dealer that my car just arrived this morning. I will pick it up today after work.
    Awesome, enjoy trying to get meaningful work done today.... looking forward to being able to say the same thing sometime around Turkey Day. My dealer just texted me the VON from my order last week, I'll give it a couple weeks (alright, maybe 10 days prior to calling national to track delivery status.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JRod1984 View Post
    At this point, you are right to be very worried. If he doesn't even know what one is, that is NOT a good sign. Hopefully, he is just ignorant on the subject, which is still very scary. Good luck and keep us posted. The timing must have been just right for me. When I ordered my black wagon in May, I had the VON 2 days after I committed to purchase. Almost 8 weeks to the day for delivery, probably due to a longer transport time, as I am a Midwestern resident.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Just heard back from the sales guy today, and he provided me with a VIN! He said the car has already been built and will come in to the lot in next months allocation. Hopefully this means sooner rather than later in the month of November. Psyched is an understatement.

Future 2013 WRX Sedan Owner

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.