2013 WRX / STI Orders - Page 13
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX / STI Orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Am I the only one who has NOT been able to test drive a WRX at a dealer? Every one ...

Am I the only one who has NOT been able to test drive a WRX at a dealer? Every one I've asked says they only have new ones and you can't drive it without a deposit. It's very frustrating. I can understand it with the STI, but the base WRX is a $25k car.

Most dealers wanted me to pay above sticker for a wrx! Insane.

Anyone find a dealer in NY with a recent WRX to test drive? The feel of the transmission, etc. is very subjective.

I would even pay someone in my area a few bucks to let me drive theirs gently. I drive a manual 350z or ms3 every day, so I'm not going to ruin anyone's clutch.
    Last edited by hifichip76; 09-11-2012 at 09:40 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hifichip76 View Post
    Am I the only one who has NOT been able to test drive a WRX at a dealer? Every one I've asked says they only have new ones and you can't drive it without a deposit. It's very frustrating. I can understand it with the STI, but the base WRX is a $25k car.

Anyone find a dealer in NY with a recent WRX to test drive? The feel of the transmission, etc. is very subjective.

I would even pay someone in my area a few bucks to let me drive theirs gently. I drive a manual 350z or ms3 every day, so I'm not going to ruin anyone's clutch.
    Are you calling up the dealers to make an appointment for a test drive or just walking in off the street?

I'm in the middle of looking at several vehicles at the moment (including a WRX) and I've had much better luck when I call or make an appointment on the web. I think it shows to the dealer that you are seriously interested in the vehicle and not just looking to go for a joy ride.

I'll have no problem taking a WRX test drive in MA (already spoken with a dealership a couple times) when I get closer to making a decision. Hell, I drove a GTI this weekend and they gave me the keys and let me take it out by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by gp177 View Post
    Are you calling up the dealers to make an appointment for a test drive or just walking in off the street?

I'm in the middle of looking at several vehicles at the moment (including a WRX) and I've had much better luck when I call or make an appointment on the web. I think it shows to the dealer that you are seriously interested in the vehicle and not just looking to go for a joy ride.

I'll have no problem taking a WRX test drive in MA (already spoken with a dealership a couple times) when I get closer to making a decision. Hell, I drove a GTI this weekend and they gave me the keys and let me take it out by myself.
    I have called or emailed in each case. They all say they only have brand new ones (if any) and won't rack up mileage.

Yup, test driving a GTI is no problem. I'd get another one except I don't like the brakes. Love the car otherwise. The Golf R has AWD but is very expensive.

I had the same issue as well. One of them said they would me test drive the 2013 model on the day I pick it up before signing the paperwork. Luckily the dealer I ordered from had a 2012 premium model with 3000+ miles for test driving.

Quote Originally Posted by fr_awd View Post
    I had the same issue as well. One of them said they would me test drive the 2013 model on the day I pick it up before signing the paperwork. Luckily the dealer I ordered from had a 2012 premium model with 3000+ miles for test driving.
    Yeah, it's kind of silly. They said they'd let me drive the car before signing, too. But it should be easier than that. WHere are you located?

Ya there were none within driving distance of me (central TX). I ordered mine without driving one. What sucks is my deposit to order is non-refundable.

I snagged a 2013 DGM 5-door in transit also. Ordered it on 8/16 and just got an estimated delivery date on Monday... Dealer says eta 10/5. When I ordered it he told me I would have it late Septmeber at the LATEST... such a let down... What a test of patience.

This will be my first Subaru. I cant wait.

(don't pay above sticker)

Your absolutely right, you have to drive the car to know if you will like it. Now I don't hesitate to give a deposit to get the drive. Just drive it and if you have any hesitation or just need time, sleep on it. Need to drive one other car to make the call, go drive it, soon. If you still don't love the car, call them back for a refund. It is their failure if the sale does not go through, not yours.

The upside is if you decide to get the car, it is in pristine condition and their policy will have worked for you.

2012 WRX 5 Door - DGM

BTW, deposit should be refundable based on liking the car - I thought it always is but apparently not.
    2012 WRX 5 Door - DGM

Yeah, it's kind of silly. They said they'd let me drive the car before signing, too. But it should be easier than that. WHere are you located?
    San Francisco

Banned
    Just picked up my 13' SWP sedan today!

Quote Originally Posted by SingleSpeed View Post
    BTW, deposit should be refundable based on liking the car - I thought it always is but apparently not.
    Ya that's what I thought, but my dealership says it is their policy for it to be non refundable. It will only be refunded if the car they order is totally wrong or there's a bunch of damage (which won't happen)

Quote Originally Posted by night0 View Post
    Just picked up my 13' SWP sedan today!

Congrats!!!! What was your order date? VON date? VIN date??

Just ordered mine so I am trying to get an idea of how long they are really taking.

Do not have a VIN yet, but got my goodies package from SoA this week.
    Mark

2013 WR Blue WRX Hatchback in the garage

Quote Originally Posted by voodeaux View Post
    Do not have a VIN yet, but got my goodies package from SoA this week.
    Was not aware of a goodies package... what is it?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.