2013 WRX / STI Orders - Page 11
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX / STI Orders within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I've been watching the Subaru rumor mill for over 10 years. More often than not, dealer gossip and forum speculation ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I've been watching the Subaru rumor mill for over 10 years. More often than not, dealer gossip and forum speculation turn out to be just that...gossip and speculation. Until Subaru calls a press conference, we really don't know what they're bringing.

They may incrementally improve mpgs on a successive model...but if fuel efficiency is what you're about, an AWD sports sedan is never going to be optimal. The 6th speed has been asked for in the WRX for a long time, (actually, not 6 gears so much as the strength of Subaru's STI gearbox)...it's possible, but it's reasonable to assume that they could also leave it out to help keep the cost of the car down.

There's always going to be "the next model". I'd get closer to the time to buy, and then go drive the car. If it puts a smile on your face, and works with your budget and lifestyle, then there you go.

Welcome to ClubWRX.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I bought mine, or placed an order for it, because I have a 13 yr old son that will be 16 someday. We figured we could buy this and drive it for a while and then he would not be getting a new car, but a car that we knew where it had been and how it was treated.

I am a Mustang guy and the new GTs have too much juice for a new driver to step into. The WRX is no slouch by any means, but 420 hp on the rear wheels alone could get dicey quickly.

I Support ClubWRX
    I also have a 13-year-old. She will not be getting my WRX when she turns 16.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Re: 2013 WRX / STI Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Krazyjohnny View Post
    I am a Mustang guy and the new GTs have too much juice for a new driver to step into. The WRX is no slouch by any means, but 420 hp on the rear wheels alone could get dicey quickly.
    100hp on any number of wheels is too much for a 16 year old if memory serves....

My dad gave us (my sister and I) his old beater when he got a new car as they wouldn't give him more than $100 for it even though it ran fine. 81 Mercury Marquis with a 351. 5000lbs of solid steel, but it had stones and I am lucky I never killed myself and the 14 kids I was able to squeeze into it comfortably.

Go with the 93 civic. Base. Bench seat. Cassette deck.

Teenage boys are dumb; lock up the keys. We have two friends whose kids 'borrowed' their Porsche (one 911 and one Cayenne) without asking. Cayenne made it home safe, the 911 is still in pieces strewn across the desert. I love my boys, they 'should' be responsible and I give them everything and anything i can, but I will not contribute to them driving a high powered car.

I Support ClubWRX
    AFAIK, the leading cause of death for teens aged 16-19 is still motor vehicle crashes. If, like me, my kids have occasion to smack into something in their cars, I'd prefer it to be at lower speeds, or at least in a more novice-friendly vehicle.

I had a '70 Impala with a 350 smallblock. It was quite spunky by the standards of the time, and I was a complete idiot in it. It was a great car until I smashed it into the back of a Ford Granada during the summer of 1984.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    AFAIK, the leading cause of death for teens aged 16-19 is still motor vehicle crashes. If, like me, my kids have occasion to smack into something in their cars, I'd prefer it to be at lower speeds, or at least in a more novice-friendly vehicle.

I had a '70 Impala with a 350 smallblock. It was quite spunky by the standards of the time, and I was a complete idiot in it. It was a great car until I smashed it into the back of a Ford Granada during the summer of 1984.
    I hear ya on that. My first car was an 88 lincoln town car. I took out a street sign with it and did NO damage at all to the car (minus a little scratch on the solid steel bumper).

Pick a first car that's safe. It'll get crashed, more than likely.

New member here.

Placed an order on a 2013 5-door in white. Was told it will be in on the 17th of September. Will post VIN when I get home.

Options were short shifter and cat-back. Total price after tax and reg was 27,280

Quote Originally Posted by fastjunk View Post
    New member here.

Placed an order on a 2013 5-door in white. Was told it will be in on the 17th of September. Will post VIN when I get home.

Options were short shifter and cat-back. Total price after tax and reg was 27,280
    Mine is scheduled for November.
    Mark

2013 WR Blue WRX Hatchback in the garage

Will post VIN when I get home.
    VIN: JF1GR7E66DG202144
    VON: 112185676

Called dealer. They said it might arrive on the 14th instead.
    Last edited by fastjunk; 09-06-2012 at 06:15 PM.

nice! same here except the hatchback

2013 WRX / STI Orders

I ordered a 2013 ISM Sti hatch with Nav today.

VIN: JF1GR7E66DG202144
    VON: 112185676

Called dealer. They said it might arrive on the 14th instead.
    When did you place the order?

Quote Originally Posted by ajenriquez91 View Post
    nice! same here except the hatchback
    his is a hatch as well

Just got some great news!! My car should be Thursday 9/13! WooHoo!!

Just ordered my 2013 WRX base hatch in Satin White Pearl!!!!!!!!!!!

I got fog lights, rear bumper cover, and auto dimming mirror. $1000 under invoice.... yes, under.

I cannot wait!!!