Buying first Subaru soon!

This is a discussion on Buying first Subaru soon! within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hi all, I'm planning on buying my first Subaru soon and want some advice. As of right now I am ...

Buying first Subaru soon!

Hi all, I'm planning on buying my first Subaru soon and want some advice. As of right now I am driving a 01 Golf (auto). I've had it for around 4 years and it's only my second car (I'm 21). But I've always loved WRX's and now I'm ready to start saving for one. My spending cap it going to be 10,000, and I've realized I'm going to either have to get a older car with fewer miles or a newer one with more miles to fit that price range. So as of right now my plan is to look for a 02 or 03 with under 100k miles on it. I want a sedan, and my minds set on a blue one. But anyways I'm just worried about spending that much on a older car. I'm looking to get around 4 or 5 years out of it at least. Is that reasonable? Can anyone ease my mind? Tell me why I want a Subaru!

P.S forgot to mention that I'm dying for another standard car. So will be definitely getting a manual.
    Last edited by Arien157; 06-30-2012 at 07:59 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah my buddy has a 01 gold, auto..he said he hated it!!

I actually love my Golf but I really want a 5 speed AWD for the winter.

Just try to find one that is as stock as possible and seems as though it has been taken care. Then do a compression test to ensure the motor is strong. If everything comes back good, you should be all set!

I Support ClubWRX
    See the how to buy sticky threads in the purchasing forum.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.