So after my ETA of 5/4 came and went, and week after week of “it should be here shortly”, I finally found out what the issue is.
The dealer was just notified of the following:
This vehicle was damaged by weather in Japan and shipped anyway. It is being repaired to NEW vehicle condition but damage costs are high.
Wind/sand damage – Front windshield, front bumper cover, right fender, left fender, right rear door, right quarter panel.
I have been assured that it is being reconditioned to just like New. What do you guys think about this? Should I reject the order now and wait for a 2013, or still accept the car? What would you do if this happened to you?
Right now, I'm leaning towards just accepting it, and hoping SOA will throw in some accessories for the trouble. The damage is barely noticeable in the pictures: