My Ordered WRX was damaged in Japan - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My Ordered WRX was damaged in Japan within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Let them fix the problems. Inspect the car, if everything is ship-shape then I see no reason not to buy ...

Let them fix the problems. Inspect the car, if everything is ship-shape then I see no reason not to buy it for the price you originally agreed upon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Man, that would just have broken my heart if I waited a month to get the car only to find out that it was damaged. I'm still waiting on mine, hope it's not because of the same purpose... My dealer said that they haven't received a VIN yet, which makes me worried because it was supposed to come in in May...

I just got the same info from my dealer. Interestingly, a DGM sedan too. I too wanted to see the chips to decide for myself, but the car isn't at the dealer. I'd rather take a few chips than a respray. The dealer assures me it'll be a "factory" respray, but still. $2800 worth of paint means a lot of dismantling of the car, and I can't see how that couldn't lead to more squeaks and rattles in the near future. This car was supposed to arrive at the dealer 5/3. A month of waiting for this? Pissed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx chips.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	105425

Wow, that is terrible luck! OP, did you get a VIN for your car before they told you about it being damaged?

I don't care what people say about Subaru paint. When you pay for a new car, you are buying a car in NEW car, not one that has already had repairs done to it. If they want tot sell you a LIKE NEW car, they better give you a LIKE NEW price for it. (non-factory paint counts as LIKE NEW in my book.) If it were me I would demand that they reduce the price of the car, and extend the warranty.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Also, what kind of dumb*ss truck driver drives a bunch of exposed new cars through a sand storm???

Scoobvirgin, did you have a VIN before they told you about the damage?
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by hindude View Post
    Also, what kind of dumb*ss truck driver drives a bunch of exposed new cars through a sand storm???

Scoobvirgin, did you have a VIN before they told you about the damage?

Yes. I left a deposit on a car (5/1) that was due into the dealer on 5/3. It had a VIN already. The ETA was changed four times (last one was 6/6, so it's early right? ).

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    I just got the same info from my dealer. Interestingly, a DGM sedan too. I too wanted to see the chips to decide for myself, but the car isn't at the dealer. I'd rather take a few chips than a respray. The dealer assures me it'll be a "factory" respray, but still. $2800 worth of paint means a lot of dismantling of the car, and I can't see how that couldn't lead to more squeaks and rattles in the near future. This car was supposed to arrive at the dealer 5/3. A month of waiting for this? Pissed.
    That sucks! Our cars must have gone through the same sand storm. Makes me wonder how many others there were.

Wow, that is terrible luck! OP, did you get a VIN for your car before they told you about it being damaged?
    Yes, I had got my VIN back in April

The one who still gets a paycheck.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

Quote Originally Posted by dj_red View Post
    That sucks! Our cars must have gone through the same sand storm. Makes me wonder how many others there were.
    I sure hope mine wasn't in that storm...

Yes. There's an identical car to the one I ordered due into another local dealer mid-June. I thought about switching my order to this one, but who's to say it wasn't in the same sand storm? Which incidentally, might not have happened on a truck at all. If it happened in Japan, the cars could have been sitting in a lot somewhere. I'm very sorry for both of us.

What does piss me off is the difference between the date the damage was noticed and the date the dealers were informed: 4/27...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx estimate.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	105430

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    What does piss me off is the difference between the date the damage was noticed and the date the dealers were informed: 4/27...
    Exactly, if they knew about the damage at the end of April, why did it take over a month to notify the dealerships???

Exactly, if they knew about the damage at the end of April, why did it take over a month to notify the dealerships???
    Because that transport company sucks.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

Thanks for everyone’s insights.
    The car is currently at the port and will be repaired regardless, so I won’t be able to see the car until after it hits the dealer lot.
    It would be nice if I could inspect the car before any repairs and opt for the $3k discount instead of going towards the repair estimate.
    I will end up waiting a few more weeks for it to get to the dealer, then will inspect it to make sure everything is as it should be. If it doesn’t look how I think it should, I will hold off for something else.

Sorry dude ... just plain sucks. I had to wait almost 2 months for my 2011 WRB sedan. I can't imagine how upset I would be if that happened to me.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Premium) | EFI Logics Tuned Stage 3 | Cobb SF CAI | Invidia EL Race Header | Cobb Catted Downpipe | Borla CBE | PW TMIC | Grimmspeed EBCS | Grimmspeed AOS | DW 65C Fuel Pump | Grimmspeed Light Weight Pulley | SPT Short Shifter | JNA Front Lip | EPIC Performance Springs | SMY Cluster w/ Boost & Oil Pressure

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    It's a lot more common than most people realize for cars to have touch up paint work done prior to delivery to the dealer. It's usually done at the port of entry and not the dealer.

As others have said, they're going to do the work anyway, so just check out the car when it comes to the dealer and decide at that point if it looks new or not.
    +Ding ding ding!

There are companies employed specifically to touch up cars after they come off the boat. If it is too bad, they just crush the cars.

I remember my friend was looking at a Toyota in the early 2000's, brand new and the fender was 2 shades off the hood and had swirl marks like you wouldn't believe. The salesman tried to convince me it was new and it was "factory paint", I lol'd.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    I have to agree w/ Hindude on this one. If it were me i would tell them to get me another car or I'd just wait until the new cars arrive. Here's "my" reason why; These cars aren't exactly known for having the best paint jobs in the industry and I know myself. I'd always be worried that some issue could result from the buffing or whatever they do or don't do right. Now that's just me. I work hard for my money and I expect new to be new. Like I said that's just me, but I can understand how some might look at it as a way to get some negotiations working for a reduction in price. As much as they have left you in the dark about it, it could be enough ammo to get a better price and a "real" new car. Just my .2 cents

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast