Your thoughts on dealer options like Xzilon
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Your thoughts on dealer options like Xzilon within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I just ordered a brand new WRX. After we worked out the price and payments, the dealer presented me with ...

Your thoughts on dealer options like Xzilon

I just ordered a brand new WRX. After we worked out the price and payments, the dealer presented me with another sheet of options. I am wondering if anyone has experience with these dealer options and if they are truly worth it. Please let me know your experiences/opinions of the following:

1) $1,454 Vehicle Service Contract. 60 Months/100,000 Miles. $100 deductible.

2) $1,095 Maintenance PLan. 4yrs/45,000 Miles

3) $495 Xzilon. Paint sealant/protectant + Interior protection. 5yrs. (Does this stuff work?)

4) $299 Rust protection. 10yrs.

5) $299 Tire and Wheel protection from road hazards. 5yrs.
    ------------------------
    2012 SWP STI Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    1) this should be for unscheduled non warrant service calls. If you think it might need major non warrant work in the first 5 years/100k, it is a worth while.

2) add up your dealer's costs for all scheduled maintenance and oil changes....if it is below the cost of those services, it is worth it....but only if you are plannin on using subaru oil for the first 45k

3)this protects against acid rain and stains to the seats.....wax your car and if worried, buy a can of scotch guard....save the money.

4) if they over salt your roads in the winter, might be worth it....otherwise just wash your car often.

5) only covers oem equipment from damage due to potholes or debris you hit while driving. If your area has lots of potholes, or lots of junk in the road, could be worth it as stock wheels are llike 400-600 to replace. This will not cover curb damage or anything like that.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Well, I am a business manager so this is my cup of tea.
    1. The Service Contract. Make sure it is a Subaru ESP (Ext Service Plan), make sure it says SUBARU on the form before you sign it. In the two Subaru stores I work at, we have both plans, the Subaru one is cheaper, better coverage, and its backed by Subaru!! Dealers will push aftermarket plans for a variety of reasons, none of them being an advantage to the customer.
    2. Im not a fan of the prepaid maintenance, most of the time it is not a deal.
    3. Xzilon, I have this installed on my car, it is great actually. Couple things, you are not paying for the product, the dealer will get cases of that stuff for free from the Xzilon company. What you are paying for is the warranty that it comes with, pretty much the only cost to the dealer. 495 is a pretty decent price on it TBH, I have seen some dealers sell it for as much as 2000, (no wonder we get a bad rep) Like I said before, I have this product on my car, couple things to consider. If you plan on putting a pin stripe, or anything else that would have to be "stuck" to the paint make sure to do this before you get this product applied, as nothing will hold solid after it is on your car. Also, request that your dealer puts the product not only on the painted surfaces, but also have them apply it to the windshield(works just like rain X, maybe better) and also on your rims, makes cleaning brake dust off of them a snap.
    4. Waste of money, cars nowadays don't need Rust protection.
    5. Cheap product, but really? Like the poster said above, it wont protect against anything that isnt "road debris". Also there are limits on the amount they will give you for replacement. At this price it sounds like a standard plan, which only gives you 200 dollars for the replacement of the wheel(not quite enough for a WRX wheel). The deluxe plan will give you 400 dollars for each wheel, still not enough to replace one of them. Now there are a bunch of different companies that offer this kind of protection, so my numbers may be a bit different, but they are going to be pretty close. JUST CHECK TO SEE HOW MUCH THEY WILL give you per wheel, per incident.

Anything else let me know
    Last edited by bdub#98; 04-04-2012 at 06:42 AM.
    2012 Subaru WRX 4dr

Bump for later. I'm torn b/w having opti-coat or xzilon applied after a clear bra install. Will shop around for prices. It sounds like the opti-coat is a thicker product, however the xzilon lasts longer per warranty (5 yrs, vs the opti which states 2 yrs). Any one else have any thoughts towards xzilion?

I Support ClubWRX
    I know this is old, but here are my thoughts

-opticoat is better than xzilon in my experience and many of my customers. I doubt either will really last 5 years though.
    -rust protection is a complete waste of money and may even cause problems if they clog drains with it
    -that warranty is a really good price if it is the SAS gold plus warranty from SUBARU. List price of that warranty is actually 1830
    -wheel and tire might be worth it but check the terms out first. Remember that with Subaru's and other AWD cars if you blow one tire and have any significant wear on the tires you should be changing all four tires at the same time, which I doubt their plan will cover.
    -maintenance plan is up to you, if you plan on using the dealer for all maintenance it is worth it. If you can do your own oil changes skip it.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

we use Simoniz at the dealership I work at, its expensive but guaranteed for life. Works really well

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.