Ask a Subaru Dealer - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ask a Subaru Dealer within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; DOH! Late night insomniac post. I forgot to mention that she works there, in sales. Hence the discount. I wanna ...

DOH! Late night insomniac post. I forgot to mention that she works there, in sales. Hence the discount.
    I wanna avoid calling them up risking pointing her out. What do you think man?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah ok, sounds like she is just trying to bring in a new customer then... I've never heard of a salesperson being compensated for that but it's not a bad idea really. If she's a long term career type salesperson then it is just plain good business for her and the store since service customers = sales customers eventually. If you had plans to bring it in for service I'd say take her up on the discount but it sounds like you're more of a diy'er/parts dept. customer rather than service.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Thanks for the input man, it was exactly what I thought. And you are 100% right, it was a great move on her part. My mom has been wanting a Forester after I took a rental home. If we buy another Subie shes getting the sale. I was originally intending on bringing it in for an oil change since I always make a mess, but I have other issues I also need to address. I'm probably going to buy her a coffee when I pick up parts.

Thanks again for the input man. I appreciate it.

is it true it's no longer possible to order a 2013 wrx for under invoice price? i m getting dealers telling me this, are they bs-ing me? they are telling me $500 above dealer invoice is the best price.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    is it true it's no longer possible to order a 2013 wrx for under invoice price? i m getting dealers telling me this, are they bs-ing me? they are telling me $500 above dealer invoice is the best price.
    You can still order one from me for 500 under invoice so I would say that is BS.

Does the invoice vary by region? I'm in California. I'm trying to buy my first subaru but the dealer I visited yesterday really did not want to go under msrp and in fact had their 'dealer price' marked at 36.8k start to begin with for a premium wrx. Pretty silly I thought but I was able to talk it down to 31k OTD but I'm still trying to find the best deal I can find. Whats a fair price?

I really do not need a premium WRX as i have absolutely no need for heated seats, subwoofer, and moonroof. All I want is a base WRX with foglights, spoiler, and the short shift. Those do exist right? Cause they told me base models almost never come by... I told them I can check out other dealerships first but they told me other dealerships most likely won't even have wrx in the lot. (I called a few around my area and almost all of them has some sort of wrx within the lot)

The dealer kept telling me how the cars sells out really quick and how there just isnt very much supply. They said they maybe get 1 every month but I saw like 6 in their dealership WRX and STI. They also told me that they are one of the largest dealers in the area but when I searched online it seems like a lot of dealers say that. And in fact there are dealers with WRX/STi nearby that place too. I'm in the bay area of CA.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    You can still order one from me for 500 under invoice so I would say that is BS.
    Thanks for your input. I got two dealers both stated the Subaru ordering process and allocation has changed, and that they can no longer get as many cars. Something about how they can previously preorder 15 wrx for customers and will receive 30 (15 to fulfill the preorders and the other 15 to be sold on the lot for walk-ins). But this is no longer the case, where if preorder of 15, they will only receive the 15, no extras.

You are in NJ right? I m in CA though (same as the poster above). Is there anything you can do for us?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hliu320 View Post
    Does the invoice vary by region? I'm in California. I'm trying to buy my first subaru but the dealer I visited yesterday really did not want to go under msrp and in fact had their 'dealer price' marked at 36.8k start to begin with for a premium wrx. Pretty silly I thought but I was able to talk it down to 31k OTD but I'm still trying to find the best deal I can find. Whats a fair price?

I really do not need a premium WRX as i have absolutely no need for heated seats, subwoofer, and moonroof. All I want is a base WRX with foglights, spoiler, and the short shift. Those do exist right? Cause they told me base models almost never come by... I told them I can check out other dealerships first but they told me other dealerships most likely won't even have wrx in the lot. (I called a few around my area and almost all of them has some sort of wrx within the lot)

The dealer kept telling me how the cars sells out really quick and how there just isnt very much supply. They said they maybe get 1 every month but I saw like 6 in their dealership WRX and STI. They also told me that they are one of the largest dealers in the area but when I searched online it seems like a lot of dealers say that. And in fact there are dealers with WRX/STi nearby that place too. I'm in the bay area of CA.

Thanks!
    Well I'm all the way in NJ so I can't say for sure what the situation is in CA, but in general the demand for these cars is higher than the supply unfortunately. It's really not as bad as your dealer is making it out to be though from the sounds of it. In my experience, almost everyone in CA is paying pretty high prices right around MSRP. The invoice price varies by region but not much, maybe $300 variance between the highest and lowest invoice cost. I recently spoke with a member from CA who was able to get 300 over invoice which is a great price in your area, his username is WRX2013, maybe send him a PM to see who he worked with. Otherwise I can sell you a WRX 500 under invoice but the shipping to CA is $1000 give or take. Hope that helps! - Clayton

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    Thanks for your input. I got two dealers both stated the Subaru ordering process and allocation has changed, and that they can no longer get as many cars. Something about how they can previously preorder 15 wrx for customers and will receive 30 (15 to fulfill the preorders and the other 15 to be sold on the lot for walk-ins). But this is no longer the case, where if preorder of 15, they will only receive the 15, no extras.

You are in NJ right? I m in CA though (same as the poster above). Is there anything you can do for us?
    This may be true for CA dealers since they are SOA dealers... I am an SDC dealer so I am able to order cars from a separate pool of inventory and typically I am able to get cars much later in the year than they are.

Hey Clayton,

Just had a few questions. I ordered my car on 11/3, still waiting. However, what is the deal with the way Subaru dealers detail prior to giving customers their cars. I'd rather clean/detail the car myself rather than someone else who I have no assurance of doing a careful job. I was going to ask if I could request my car not be touched detailing-wise and see if that's something I could work out of the price? Not sure how feasible this actually is, but any feedback is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by olenderc View Post
    Hey Clayton,

Just had a few questions. I ordered my car on 11/3, still waiting. However, what is the deal with the way Subaru dealers detail prior to giving customers their cars. I'd rather clean/detail the car myself rather than someone else who I have no assurance of doing a careful job. I was going to ask if I could request my car not be touched detailing-wise and see if that's something I could work out of the price? Not sure how feasible this actually is, but any feedback is appreciated.
    hey, i ordered from clayton on 10/18, also still waiting since it wasent on the last allocation, dont worry both our cars will show up soon! And i know that most dealers do pdi's on new cars, which consits of removing the shipping plastic wrap, wash stuff like that. I also am going to request a no clean since im tapeing up the front end for the ride home.

I Support ClubWRX
    We wash the cars as you would normally, 2 bucket method hand wash. If you guys would rather take your cars home with the plastic still on them it is no big deal we actually did that for 90crxfreak. Just remind me when it comes in and I call you and I will make sure they don't wash it or put any stickers on it. We hire a company for details and pay them per month not per car so you wouldn't save any money though.

Hey Rexxx-sent you a PM. New here, new to WRXs and have a few questions for you. I think this is a great program!

Rex I have a questions. How much is SOA vehicle break in process more so instructions to reduce liability and warranty claims, as it to properly break in the car...Or essentially, is babying the car, keeping it under 4k rpm, out of boost, whatnot really the best way SOA has deemed to break in, in order to have the strongest motor possible, with the longest life, or is SOA simply covering their butts on this one. I read somewhere on here a guys pop purchased a Porsche from an old salesman been selling 30+ years say "don't launch it, keep it out of cruise control, and beat it in nice" or something to that effect? I ask because I am reading about the "Motoman"method for breaking in, and it sounds legit, but I'm not expert Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

Quote Originally Posted by mega160 View Post
    Rex I have a questions. How much is SOA vehicle break in process more so instructions to reduce liability and warranty claims, as it to properly break in the car...Or essentially, is babying the car, keeping it under 4k rpm, out of boost, whatnot really the best way SOA has deemed to break in, in order to have the strongest motor possible, with the longest life, or is SOA simply covering their butts on this one. I read somewhere on here a guys pop purchased a Porsche from an old salesman been selling 30+ years say "don't launch it, keep it out of cruise control, and beat it in nice" or something to that effect? I ask because I am reading about the "Motoman"method for breaking in, and it sounds legit, but I'm not expert Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power
    Its been debated millions of times for hard break in to how the manual does it...but let's put it this way: engineers at Subaru might know a bit more about the engines they build than Mr. Motoman on the web...while it makes sense in theory, why push the issue? Why risk something that could potentially mess up your car the one time it doesn't work? I didn't baby my car on break in...but I certainly didn't drive it like a bat out of hell. I gave it some boost here and there, never redlined though. But I didn't beat on it or really gun it until I passed break-in period.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.