Ask a Subaru Dealer - Page 20
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 327

This is a discussion on Ask a Subaru Dealer within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey this is something I started exploring within the past few months so I just want your opinion on this. ...

  1. #286
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2
    Hey this is something I started exploring within the past few months so I just want your opinion on this. I actually live in central jersey if it matters. Last summer (July 2013) I purchased my current vehicle, 2013 Honda Civic Si, and I really like the car, but I really do have an interest in the 2015 WRX. I have it financed currently for 72 months and as of this month I have 63 months remaining. If I were to trade it in, with my current balance remaining on the vehicle on top of the price given to me of the WRX, what am I expecting in terms of a trade off? Is it worth it to do so or should I hold out until I've paid more of the vehicle off?

    If you want to PM me and go into detail, feel free to do so.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #287
    ClubWRX.net Vendor rexxx0486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    1,345
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LunchBox View Post
    Hey this is something I started exploring within the past few months so I just want your opinion on this. I actually live in central jersey if it matters. Last summer (July 2013) I purchased my current vehicle, 2013 Honda Civic Si, and I really like the car, but I really do have an interest in the 2015 WRX. I have it financed currently for 72 months and as of this month I have 63 months remaining. If I were to trade it in, with my current balance remaining on the vehicle on top of the price given to me of the WRX, what am I expecting in terms of a trade off? Is it worth it to do so or should I hold out until I've paid more of the vehicle off?

    If you want to PM me and go into detail, feel free to do so.
    It depends on how much you owe on your civic vs. how much it is worth. If you owe less than the car appraises for, that equity works like a down payment. If you owe more than the car is worth then that negative equity gets rolled into the wrx and financed with it. So the answer to your question is it worth it to trade in, it depends. If you put a good down payment or trade in down on that civic you should be fine. If you put zero down you probably have negative equity and maybe want to wait to pay down your loan or come up with some cash down to offset it. If you would like me to look into it I would be happy to do so. I would need your VIN, miles, and account # for your honda loan. Feel free to PM me.
    Clayton
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

  4. #288
    ClubWRX.net Vendor rexxx0486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    1,345
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ker2 View Post
    Either black or white

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    I think the white with the gloss coat would look awesome on your car. Maybe even white with metalizer to match the pearl white look.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

  5. #289
    Registered User ker2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    brooklyn Ny
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    I think the white with the gloss coat would look awesome on your car. Maybe even white with metalizer to match the pearl white look.
    I like the way you think

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

  6. #290
    ClubWRX.net Vendor rexxx0486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    1,345
    I Support ClubWRX
    when you get em done
    Quote Originally Posted by ker2 View Post
    I like the way you think

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

  7. #291
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1
    Stupid newbie question. I am in my 40s, and I want to buy a top of the line STI. However, i have one issue - the rear wing. Is it, in any way possible, to pay extra for an extra regular WRX trunk lid and have the STI changed to the more subtle trunk? I would be happy to pay for the extra part/painitng.etc
    I want to pay invoice for the WRX + the expense of the extra part, and keep the STI part if possible.. Is there a dealer that would do that? (want the dark gray STI). I guess I would have to order the regular WRX part.
    Maybe I am just dreaming. I am ready to buy/order

  8. #292
    ClubWRX.net Vendor rexxx0486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    1,345
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have a customer who has a dgm wrx on order and wants to trade trunks, pm me for details.

    Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    Stupid newbie question. I am in my 40s, and I want to buy a top of the line STI. However, i have one issue - the rear wing. Is it, in any way possible, to pay extra for an extra regular WRX trunk lid and have the STI changed to the more subtle trunk? I would be happy to pay for the extra part/painitng.etc
    I want to pay invoice for the WRX + the expense of the extra part, and keep the STI part if possible.. Is there a dealer that would do that? (want the dark gray STI). I guess I would have to order the regular WRX part.
    Maybe I am just dreaming. I am ready to buy/order
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

  9. #293
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1
    Another noob question here. I'm currently trying to buy my first WRX and looking to get a 2015. I'm up in western Canada and so far every dealer I've talked to (3 so far) has told me that because demand is so high they won't sell me a car for anything but MSRP. I've made it clear that I'm happy to walk away if they won't budge, but none of them have. I see tons of reports here and elsewhere from people in the US getting invoice or less on the car though.

    What I'm trying to figure out is if it's just not possible to get a car for close to invoice up in Canada, or if demand is just really high right now and if I wait it will drop. I know that waiting on a typical car is a good way to get more leverage, just not sure if that applies to WRXs because they are Subaru's high demand vehicle.

    I don't mind waiting if I'll get a better deal, just want to be sure it'll make a difference.

    Thanks.

  10. #294
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15
    With the 2015's out, would it be easier to negotiate deals on the 2014's? Any advice on getting a great price on a '14 wrx (premium)? I've seen mark-ups on 2014's where I live! You would think they'd be trying to get rid of them to make room for the '15's!

  11. #295
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    River Edge, NJ
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyRama4 View Post
    With the 2015's out, would it be easier to negotiate deals on the 2014's? Any advice on getting a great price on a '14 wrx (premium)? I've seen mark-ups on 2014's where I live! You would think they'd be trying to get rid of them to make room for the '15's!
    They are probably all gone

  12. #296
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15
    I've actually seen a few here and there. With that said, how can I go about negotiating a good deal on one of these? Any advice?

  13. #297
    ClubWRX.net Vendor rexxx0486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    1,345
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Greens View Post
    Another noob question here. I'm currently trying to buy my first WRX and looking to get a 2015. I'm up in western Canada and so far every dealer I've talked to (3 so far) has told me that because demand is so high they won't sell me a car for anything but MSRP. I've made it clear that I'm happy to walk away if they won't budge, but none of them have. I see tons of reports here and elsewhere from people in the US getting invoice or less on the car though.

    What I'm trying to figure out is if it's just not possible to get a car for close to invoice up in Canada, or if demand is just really high right now and if I wait it will drop. I know that waiting on a typical car is a good way to get more leverage, just not sure if that applies to WRXs because they are Subaru's high demand vehicle.

    I don't mind waiting if I'll get a better deal, just want to be sure it'll make a difference.

    Thanks.
    I think you might have to bite the bullet and pay sticker up there, as canadian dealers are tough in my experience... didn't prices go down like 6k for canadian dealers this year anyway?? If you wait 6 months it might calm down though.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

  14. #298
    ClubWRX.net Vendor rexxx0486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    1,345
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyRama4 View Post
    With the 2015's out, would it be easier to negotiate deals on the 2014's? Any advice on getting a great price on a '14 wrx (premium)? I've seen mark-ups on 2014's where I live! You would think they'd be trying to get rid of them to make room for the '15's!
    You might get lucky but IME there are still enough guys out there looking for 14s still to warrant a kinda high price at this point. You never know though, throw them an offer and see what happens!
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

  15. #299
    ClubWRX.net Vendor rexxx0486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    1,345
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyRama4 View Post
    I've actually seen a few here and there. With that said, how can I go about negotiating a good deal on one of these? Any advice?
    Shoot for an invoice deal and let them know you have your credit card on hand, are serious and will do the deal right now if it can be done. Worst they can say is no!
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

  16. #300
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    15
    Are you charging dealer markups on your WRX or STIs? Seeing some dealers demand $7k - $9K on the west coast.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •