Ask a Subaru Dealer - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ask a Subaru Dealer within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by rexxx0486 I'm really surprised there was such little interest in this thread! I don't think that there's ...

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    I'm really surprised there was such little interest in this thread!
    I don't think that there's little interest...I think things will come up as time goes on...not everyone has questions just off the top of their head.

Well here's something for you though...And I think the answer is pretty obvious...but is your dealer opposed to just doing labor for parts that I would provide? For example...I compiled rotors and pads that I wanted on my car, yet my local dealer wouldn't do it because they didn't source the parts. Obviously it's a liability issue, but if the parts are as good as OEM or better, and I don't have any kind of outstanding warranty, what's the big deal? And if it were really a matter of them covering their asses, why couldn't I just sign a waiver?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I don't think that there's little interest...I think things will come up as time goes on...not everyone has questions just off the top of their head.

Well here's something for you though...And I think the answer is pretty obvious...but is your dealer opposed to just doing labor for parts that I would provide? For example...I compiled rotors and pads that I wanted on my car, yet my local dealer wouldn't do it because they didn't source the parts. Obviously it's a liability issue, but if the parts are as good as OEM or better, and I don't have any kind of outstanding warranty, what's the big deal? And if it were really a matter of them covering their asses, why couldn't I just sign a waiver?
    Well at my dealership we would be happy to install whatever you wanted us to unless it was a safety issue, like we would not remove your airbags for weight reduction or install something illegal on the car, but almost anything you wanted we would install for normal labor rate.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    or install something illegal on the car
    What is considered illegal?In the state of NY for example any aftermarket part is considered illegal.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I have a question. I have been wanting a WRX for some time and looks like i am getting close to pulling the trigger. When i started looking about a year ago before teh disaster, most dealers had two to 15 wrx /sti on the lot. Even as recent as two months ago dealers had several on the lot. Now none of the dealers here in colorado have any on the lot. Even during the disaster some dealers had some to offer. Do you know why this is? are they just prepairing for the new model? is there a problem with production or the 2012 cars?

Quote Originally Posted by tke467 View Post
    I have a question. I have been wanting a WRX for some time and looks like i am getting close to pulling the trigger. When i started looking about a year ago before teh disaster, most dealers had two to 15 wrx /sti on the lot. Even as recent as two months ago dealers had several on the lot. Now none of the dealers here in colorado have any on the lot. Even during the disaster some dealers had some to offer. Do you know why this is? are they just prepairing for the new model? is there a problem with production or the 2012 cars?
    My question is related, and if true may answer tke467's question.

I noticed the same thing in my state. When I went in to order my STI 2 weeks ago the salesman said that the reason for the lack of cars was due to Subaru's efforts to produce less WRX's and STI's this model year. He went on to state that Subaru would only produce 8,000 WRX's and 3,000 STI's for this model year, as these cars get less MPG's than the other Subaru models. By producing less of these cars Subaru can improve the overall fleet MPG economy for the model year (which in some way benefits them.. how im not sure). Due to this the 2012 MY models are going to be the rarest WRX/STI's yet.

By chance do you happen to know if there is any truth to that?
    2012 PBP Limited STI
    2002 Aspen White WRX Wagon, Stage 1

rexxx0486 - Are you still monitoring this thread?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    What is considered illegal?In the state of NY for example any aftermarket part is considered illegal.
    Nitrous comes to mind, front tints in NJ, the big time no nos. A catback would be fine though. Kind of a gray area here.

I Support ClubWRX
    yep I have been busy working on becoming an authorized vendor and we just got it done today!

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    How much will the BRZ cost at each trim level?
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dramlin View Post
    My question is related, and if true may answer tke467's question.

I noticed the same thing in my state. When I went in to order my STI 2 weeks ago the salesman said that the reason for the lack of cars was due to Subaru's efforts to produce less WRX's and STI's this model year. He went on to state that Subaru would only produce 8,000 WRX's and 3,000 STI's for this model year, as these cars get less MPG's than the other Subaru models. By producing less of these cars Subaru can improve the overall fleet MPG economy for the model year (which in some way benefits them.. how im not sure). Due to this the 2012 MY models are going to be the rarest WRX/STI's yet.

By chance do you happen to know if there is any truth to that?
    I'm not too sure about this one, I work for a dealership, not Subaru of America, so I truly don't have any insider knowledge about production. If I were to hazard a guess it would be that there are several factors involved in the low production such as:

1.Dollar to Yen conversion: it is more profitable to sell WRXs to the Japanese market so they are getting more
    2.Application of production resources: the new 2012 Impreza is selling off the charts and they cant keep up with demand so perhaps some production capacity is being used for those instead
    3.Forced scarcity: If they make less the resale goes up and so does the scarcity and desirability, they couldn't afford to do this with the outback or forester, but it makes sense for the flagship sports car this is a distant third guess, I think #1 and #2 are far more likely and #3 is an unintended effect of 1 & 2.

I don't think it would have much to do with average mpg because all in all our line is pretty fuel efficient and they never sold enough WRX STi's to really have a huge effect on the cafe standards anyway, and WRX gets 23 mpg which isn't super terrible. Either way, 2012 is going to be a rare model year.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    How much will the BRZ cost at each trim level?
    Not sure yet... let me know when you find out because the internet will know before the dealers as usual I'm sure!

i am assuming like the speed3 that only certain dealers can sell wrx/sti's? so that being said..
    will a non-WRX subaru dealer be willing and able to do all recall/maintenance/warranty/repair work on a new wrx?

I Support ClubWRX
    As far as I know all mazda dealers get speed 3s and all subaru dealers get wrx/stis. Any Subaru dealer should be happy to work on your wrx/sti and any mazda dealer should be happy to work on a speed 3.

Rexxx, I am about to begin negotiating locally with dealers for a Base WRX, but your deal is very interesting. I am going to try to source the car locally first, for convenience sake, but if they won't play ball I might be interested in purchasing long distance from you.

I have family in Northern NJ, so going to pick up that car would not be too big of an issue as I could probably talk my parents into going with me and make a weekend trip of it.

That being said, I live in New York. What would it take to be able to drive this car off of your lot and home? I would assume that this is an issue you have faced before being in the tri-state area. If you could give me temporary plates (the paper kind I have seen hanging in people's windows in NJ) that would probably work, then I would just have to register the car in NY when I got home.

If that wouldn't work, do you know if sending the title via mail to me would be possible. Then I could got to the DMV and register the car/get the plates and a 10 day inspection sticker.

I would have PM'd these questions to you with more specific details, but I figured that these questions may pertain to others on the board and should be visible for everyone. If you want more specific details feel free to PM me.

Thanks for your help, and all the information that you have already put forth.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jas280z View Post
    Rexxx, I am about to begin negotiating locally with dealers for a Base WRX, but your deal is very interesting. I am going to try to source the car locally first, for convenience sake, but if they won't play ball I might be interested in purchasing long distance from you.

I have family in Northern NJ, so going to pick up that car would not be too big of an issue as I could probably talk my parents into going with me and make a weekend trip of it.

That being said, I live in New York. What would it take to be able to drive this car off of your lot and home? I would assume that this is an issue you have faced before being in the tri-state area. If you could give me temporary plates (the paper kind I have seen hanging in people's windows in NJ) that would probably work, then I would just have to register the car in NY when I got home.

If that wouldn't work, do you know if sending the title via mail to me would be possible. Then I could got to the DMV and register the car/get the plates and a 10 day inspection sticker.

I would have PM'd these questions to you with more specific details, but I figured that these questions may pertain to others on the board and should be visible for everyone. If you want more specific details feel free to PM me.

Thanks for your help, and all the information that you have already put forth.
    Hey Jas,
    Thanks for bringing that up, I'm sure you're not the only one with that question. We would give you a 20 day temporary plate and do all your DMV work for you. When your DMV stuff and 10 day inspection pass comes back you could pick it up or we would mail it out to you. (there is a $23 charge to ups overnight mail it, just a heads up) The title would then be mailed to you via ups overnight mail. We actually are only 3 miles from the ny border so I do a lot of NY deals here. Hopefully it'll make sense to buy it through the ClubWRX program, I am of course counting on support of club members like you to keep this thing going!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.