Ask a Subaru Dealer - Page 17
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ask a Subaru Dealer within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by TheJ How early can one place an order for a 2015 STi? Looks like some time in ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    How early can one place an order for a 2015 STi?
    Looks like some time in March for us SDC dealers, not sure when SOA dealers can order them though, might be a tiny bit earlier.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    How early can one place an order for a 2015 STi?
    An SOA dealer I spoke with today said 3/17, with production beginning 4/1.

Check out this doc, which confirmed what the dealer said.

http://www.phharval.com/home/news-an...aru-fleet-cars

Hi, new member here... Long story short is I've been a fan of the WRX since 2000 just haven't been fortunate to own one yet. I'm currently looking into purchasing/financing the base WRX which is all I really need.

I am looking into trading in My 2011 VW Jetta SE which is clean besides a ding here and there since it's a daily driver, and the only thing I've put on the vehicle are a sub box and amp and a cat-back exhaust. I was wondering if it would be best to remove what I've put on the Jetta before going up to a dealership and working on the trade-in or if during the negotiating I say that I plan on keeping the sub box and amp since I'm not really interested in going through the trouble of removing the cat-back? Would I get more for the trade-in if I leave the vehicle as is? Also not sure if it has been asked already, but would it be wise for me to wait to purchase a 2014 model once the new 2015's are available for sale... am I more likely to get a better deal?

Thanks in advance for any feedback and great thread you guys have going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by CACHO View Post
    Also not sure if it has been asked already, but would it be wise for me to wait to purchase a 2014 model once the new 2015's are available for sale... am I more likely to get a better deal?
    It's all going to come down to body style, trim and color.

I've been shopping for over a month and the only semi-constant I've seen is that some dealers are less willing to give a break on the hatches. If you want a sedan and are a little flexible on trim and especially color, I say wait awhile. I don't know why anyone would, at this moment, buy a 2014 sedan unless the price were incredible.

If you really want a hatch but want to wait to see if deals pop up in the next month or so, the only trim I would take any gamble on still being around in sufficient quantity to give you a color choice would be the base. Yes, there are a number of Premiums and some Limiteds out there, but, if you wait too long with those trims, I think you'd be taking a big risk on getting stuck with a color choice you might not like.

I've had dealers tell me they aren't getting any more hatches and then I've seen some pop up on their inventory. I've had others tell me all their incoming hatches are spoken for and, according to their website, they're right; no hatches to be seen.

I will say one more thing about that hatch inventory (at least in Ohio); I don't see too many on the lots. A big percentage are 'in transit'.

In my case, I was inflexible on hatch and trim and only interested in two colors. I'm not the gambling type and decided to snag one that is still transit to a dealer two hours away. Had nothing ever showed up in a convenient radius, I would've waited for the 2015.

BC

Clayton, do you have an idea of when would be the latest I could place an order for a new 2014 WRX hatch? I hear the window is closing fast, but I'm not quite ready to buy right now. Maybe in a couple of months (April?).

I do not want a sedan, so once the '15 model comes out I'm screwed.

I got a sedan but I want to trade in for a hatch. Is that possible Clayton?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Quote Originally Posted by Drew_V View Post
    Clayton, do you have an idea of when would be the latest I could place an order for a new 2014 WRX hatch? I hear the window is closing fast, but I'm not quite ready to buy right now. Maybe in a couple of months (April?).

I would also like to know the answer to this question. I'm looking to pickup a 14' STi hatch mid February, late March and was curious how hard it is or might be to come by one.

I asked the same question in one of his other threads as I'm in the same kind of situation. Heres the low-down:

"-They told me this:
    "SDC will advise dealers of the actual cutoff date that SDC will accept sold orders for these carlines but at this time we anticipate a Mid February date."
    But I would try to get an order in asap if you want one, as you can see they really have not committed to anything in that statement.-"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    I got a sedan but I want to trade in for a hatch. Is that possible Clayton?
    Yes, PM or call me, I have a couple hatches in stock.

I Support ClubWRX

It's looking like the end of the week, there is only one allocation left. I think they underestimated all the hatchback orders that they got when they announced the 15 will only come in sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    It's looking like the end of the week, there is only one allocation left. I think they underestimated all the hatchback orders that they got when they announced the 15 will only come in sedan.
    Ouch. PM Coming your way Clayton.

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Ahhhhhh not what I wanted to read! I guess I'm gonna be searching dealer lots for an STi hatch that someone has yet to buy....

So is that the February allocation, or for March?

Will new orders even be taken, or are all the remaining 2014 cars already built?

I'm assuming SOA/SDC would make some sort of announcement to the sales teams to stop taking new orders, right?

I Support ClubWRX
    So is that the February allocation, or for March?

Will new orders even be taken, or are all the remaining 2014 cars already built?

I'm assuming SOA/SDC would make some sort of announcement to the sales teams to stop taking new orders, right?
    Nope, they just cut me off today and unwound some previously placed orders.

Not so awesome for me juggling all these cars and making all these depressing phone calls today! But on the bright side I managed to find something comparable for everyone on order and it all worked out somewhat with some guys having to switch colors but glad to say I got it done without much drama. I apologize for the inconvenience everyone. Like everyone who has ever ordered a car from Subaru just wish I could get better info in the first place. Their official response was along the lines of " don't worry guys, just offer them 2015s!... Nevermind the whole we don't have prices, info on packages, or hatchbacks thing" lol. Anyway, March I will have 2015 order info so if anyone is curious about price or info on the cars get ahold of me then. Until then, I still have a couple cars left that are not spoken for so if you need a 14 let me know if you are interested in any of these ASAP, here is a copy of my vms with explanations in bold:

WRX/STi EWN-01 PBP 14013786 EG014069 B8A T8D 01-14 Release to DAI BASE WRX PLASMA BLUE, IN BOUND WILL BE HERE SOON
    WRX/STi EWP-01 DGM 14013787 EG014079 B8A T8D 01-14 Release to DAI LIMITED SEDAN DARK GRAY NO NAV WILL BE HERE SOON
    WRX/STi EXN-01 WHI 14013790 EG250502 B8A T8D Y8I 01-14 Release to DAI SOLD
    WRX/STi EWV-01 WHI 14013911 EL014341 Q8H T8G VBG 01-14 Release to DAI STI 4 DR WHITE WILL BE HERE VERY SOON
    WRX/STi EXV-01 WHI 14013793 EL248733 Q8H T8G Y8I 01-14 Release to DAI SOLD
    WRX/STi EWN-01 DGM 14022113 B8A R8D 02-14 Confirmed BASE SEDAN DARK GRAY 4 WEEKS ISH
    WRX/STi EWO-01 BLU 14022114 B8A R8D 02-14 Confirmed PREMIUM SEDAN WORLD RALLY BLUE 4 WEEKS ISH
    WRX/STi EWO-01 ISM 14022115 B8A R8D 02-14 Confirmed PREMIUM SEDAN SILVER 4 WEEKS ISH
    WRX/STi EWO-01 WHI 14022116 B8A R8D 02-14 Confirmed PREMIUM SEDAN WHITE 4 WEEKS ISH
    WRX/STi EWW-01 CBS 14022117 B8A R8D 02-14 Confirmed STI LTD SEDAN BLACK 4 WEEKS ISH
    WRX/STi EWW-10 WHI 14022163 B8A R8D 02-14 Confirmed 23819 STI SEDAN WITH NAV WHITE 4 WEEKS ISH
    WRX/STi EXO-01 BLU 14022118 B8A R8D Y8I 02-14 Confirmed SOLD
    WRX/STi EXO-01 CBS 14022119 B8A R8D Y8I 02-14 Confirmed PREMIUM HATCH BLACK- ON HOLD FOR CLUB MEMBER WITH DELETED ORDER FOR NOW
    WRX/STi EXP-10 CBS 14022120 B8A K8F QEI Y8I 02-14 Confirmed LIMITED HATCH WITH NAV

Would like to get your thoughts on the tribeca. My wife is currently driving an '11 outback 2.5, which suits our family of 4 just fine.. But we have an addition arriving in July. With my oldest still needing to be in a booster, there isn't enough room in the back for 2 car seats, and a booster. She loves just about everything about her car. The only regret she has is that she didn't get the 6 cylinder engine.
    She's been thinking about trading in her outback for a tribeca. She doesn't want a minivan, and also doesn't want an obnoxiously large SUV. I don't see a lot of tribecas in the road, and there aren't many new or used in dealer inventories.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.