Ask a Subaru Dealer - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 327

This is a discussion on Ask a Subaru Dealer within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; hi rexxx. i was looking to purchase my first subaru, is this a good buy or not? Eastlake Auto Brokers ...

  1. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7
    hi rexxx.
    i was looking to purchase my first subaru, is this a good buy or not? Eastlake Auto Brokers - 2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 WRX Manual
    thank you

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #197
    ClubWRX.net Vendor rexxx0486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    1,381
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thats a really high price and I don't see any maintenance on the carfax. There are no pics under the hood but the shifter and head unit have been changed so who knows if it is modded. With that mileage it most likely will need a clutch and timing belt which ain't cheap, so you're looking at another 2k at least for that unless they have records showing it was done. It would a lot more interesting at 13k or so, otherwise I'd keep looking.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

  4. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7
    thank you for taking time to respond, i appreciate it. should i be concerned that there are no service records on the carfax?
    Last edited by technicalstriker; 02-28-2013 at 10:58 PM.

  5. #199
    ClubWRX.net Vendor rexxx0486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    1,381
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by technicalstriker View Post
    thank you for taking time to respond, i appreciate it. should i be concerned that there are no service records on the carfax?
    Yes and no. The carfax only reports maintenance done by a major shop or dealership (which would be best case scenario). Small independent shops however, rarely report services to carfax. So if he had the car maintained religiously at one of those smaller gas station type shops there would be no records. An independent inspection will catch most issues so you know what has or has not been kept up with before you buy, but they will not be able to tell you if the timing belt has been done so unless the dealer can provide proof of the timing belt job I would assume it will need replacement very soon. Also even if the clutch feels good now you can bet you'll be doing that soon as well unless they have repair records showing it was replaced. It looks like a nice car, but if I were going to pay that price for a WRX I'd want records of t-belt and clutch job.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

  6. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7
    thank you so much rexxx!

  7. #201
    ClubWRX.net Vendor rexxx0486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    1,381
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by technicalstriker View Post
    thank you so much rexxx!
    Don't mention it bud, always happy to help out a fellow enthusiast.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

  8. #202
    Registered User Genzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Posts
    29
    I found out that Toyota and Nissan dealerships are full of those "mean" salespeople. That's why I never bought any cars through them; only through a second-party dealership. Surprisingly though, when I bought my first car, I was 18 and right out of high school. That's when I bought my FX35. The salespeople were surprisingly nice, but I guess that was because my parents was with me.

    I never had any bad experience when I went to a Subaru dealership to check out the WRX. I almost ended up buying one several times but my better judgement made me walk away.

    Now, in 2010, I was treated like crap when I went in to buy the Nissan Armada for my mom. I was 23 around that time. I had the cash ready in hand and I was serious in buying it at OTD price. Mind you, this was a $40K truck SUV, and I was sorely pissed at my mom for wanting to buy it since it was my money I was giving to her for the down pay and it wasn't a real gas efficient car. Long story short, the salesman that was helping me with the Armada told me to take a hike but strangely the other salesman who was helping me when I was checking out the GT-R asked me if I wanted a test drive. Guess each one are different.

    Anyways, to end the story, I ended up buying the exact same model I was trying to buy from that Nissan dealership through a second-party dealership and they even managed to knock it down an additional $2500 from OTD price the first dealer offered me. I drove the Armada back to the dealership and gave the salesman the finger salute.


    Now I do have a serious question: Based on financial situations, do dealers offer a 72 month payment plan because the website estimate payment calculator stops at 60 months and how long does it usually take for the car to arrive when we special order one?
    2003 Infiniti FX35 Sport Package - Metallic Copper

  9. #203
    ClubWRX.net Vendor rexxx0486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    1,381
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah the treatment you receive at dealers really depends on the individual you're working with. Yes Subaru offers 72 months, the rate right now is 3.9%. Order times vary by the type of car, but WRXs usually take 8-12 weeks.



    Quote Originally Posted by Genzo View Post
    I found out that Toyota and Nissan dealerships are full of those "mean" salespeople. That's why I never bought any cars through them; only through a second-party dealership. Surprisingly though, when I bought my first car, I was 18 and right out of high school. That's when I bought my FX35. The salespeople were surprisingly nice, but I guess that was because my parents was with me.

    I never had any bad experience when I went to a Subaru dealership to check out the WRX. I almost ended up buying one several times but my better judgement made me walk away.

    Now, in 2010, I was treated like crap when I went in to buy the Nissan Armada for my mom. I was 23 around that time. I had the cash ready in hand and I was serious in buying it at OTD price. Mind you, this was a $40K truck SUV, and I was sorely pissed at my mom for wanting to buy it since it was my money I was giving to her for the down pay and it wasn't a real gas efficient car. Long story short, the salesman that was helping me with the Armada told me to take a hike but strangely the other salesman who was helping me when I was checking out the GT-R asked me if I wanted a test drive. Guess each one are different.

    Anyways, to end the story, I ended up buying the exact same model I was trying to buy from that Nissan dealership through a second-party dealership and they even managed to knock it down an additional $2500 from OTD price the first dealer offered me. I drove the Armada back to the dealership and gave the salesman the finger salute.


    Now I do have a serious question: Based on financial situations, do dealers offer a 72 month payment plan because the website estimate payment calculator stops at 60 months and how long does it usually take for the car to arrive when we special order one?
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

  10. #204
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7
    Just ordered from Clayton this past weekend. Definitely a good laid back experience and a very good price! Would definitely recommend him. I'm really looking forward to getting my new WRX!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that I get mine in that 8 to 12 week window, but I'm not holding my breath. I thought I could do this wait no problem, but the past 4 days have felt like 4 weeks, lol.

  11. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7
    hi rexxx
    i found another wrx, think this one is it i just applied for the loan, what do you think? was able to negotiate the price was wondering if you could run the carfax and let me know what you think about the car. thanks again
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited For Sale In Milwaukie OR - WTT Auto LLc

  12. #206
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,641
    I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't pay a dime over 15,500 for that car... Even then a better deal would be 15,000. That's if everything is accounted for and it is in perfect condition. Add 1k if it comes with a CPO warranty.

    Get the dealership to pay for the carfax. I don't see why you're asking Clayton to run it and pay for it on a car he's not making a dime off of
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  13. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7
    Nobody was talking to you sinister. i didn't know he had to personally pay for it, i thought he had the service already. if i knew he had to pay for it i would have never asked. sorry clayton.
    Last edited by technicalstriker; 03-09-2013 at 12:58 PM.

  14. #208
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,641
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by technicalstriker View Post
    Nobody was talking to you sinister. i didn't know he had to personally pay for it, i thought he had the service already. if i knew he had to pay for it i would have never asked. sorry clayton.
    That's a very good point... This is Clayton's thread, and I'll leave the answering to him.
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  15. #209
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    6
    What is the turn around time for financing through Subaru?

  16. #210
    ClubWRX.net Vendor rexxx0486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North NJ
    Posts
    1,381
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    That's a very good point... This is Clayton's thread, and I'll leave the answering to him.
    No need to bicker here guys were all here to help each other out on this forum, lets not go all nasioc ... and let me say for the record that Sinister is one of guys on this forum I would go to advice for, so although I appreciate him leaving it to me, I will say that I certainly value his opinion and he is a wealth of knowledge on the subject of all things Subaru. Anyway I do have a carfax subscription so its no big deal really and I'm happy to help. I checked out the car in question and from the carfax, it looks like it hasn't been in any accidents and has been serviced pretty regularly although there are no real records after 7/1/9, and also no records of clutch or tbelt job being done so make sure you factor those in when making a decision. Its really hard to tell from the pictures, but on the passenger side where the front fender meets the front bumper it looks like it had some work done... it could just be the light though, hard to say, but if you look at it in person, check that area out. I happen to agree with Sinister on the pricing though, 16,900 is a bit optimistic I'd say, although at least it is a limited model so technically it would book out for higher than a normal WRX. You are on the West Coast, so if you're buying a WRX at a dealer, they're gonna make some money period, its just supply and demand I guess, WRX's just sell for more out there. I'd think at 15-15,500 they should be making a profit. Oh and forget CPO on that car, even if they could get it (only Subaru dealers can sell you CPO on a subaru), it only lasts 7 years FROM THE DATE OF TITLE which would not be long on an 06! They might be able to extend the warranty but it would be through a 3rd party like warranty solutions.
    Last edited by rexxx0486; 03-11-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •